PDA

View Full Version : Rampod Unifilter

lowey22
21st April 2005, 10:24 PM
Went into my local performance place (in Townsville) the other day to ask about air filters. He had a look at the astra and under the bonnet and suggested that i get a Rampod Unifilter (http://www.uniflow.com.au/custom_rampods.asp). I said that i have been considering enclosing a pod filter and ducting it to the grill. he suggested using the unifilter with a heat shield would get a better result. ideally this would create a separate compartment in the engine bay that only air from the front grill would get into, so no heat soak. he also suggested that i could get a grill cut into the bonnet for more air, but i think that it would look very gay for little or no gain considering that there is a straight flow path from the grill.

if i did the heat shield bit, i could just use any filter, pod or whatever else i suppose?

does anyone have one of these or had any experience with them? and please lets not start the pod versus standard-derestricted debate again.

i also had a chat to him about extractors and powerchips that i will post another day...

auzvectra
21st April 2005, 10:50 PM
thought the ramflo was the old oil soaked foam filters, wit a steel frame u used to c on all the old cars, like holden 202's n stuff.

lowey22
21st April 2005, 10:58 PM
ramflo? ummm i think thats different to what im talking about? the link explains what it is, with lots of pretty picture too :mrgreen:

NUTTTR
21st April 2005, 11:17 PM
Yup, best not to...... the astra AFM tend to be sensitive to oil, etc which is all in the filter...... i would avoid it, use a good quality filter or a holden normal filter in the box and be done with it, not much to gain with a pod
Aaron