PDA

View Full Version : Hot Holdens at Sandown

Corsa
19th April 2005, 11:58 PM
Is anyone one from here going to the Hot Holdens at Sandown this sunday 24th April.
Hot Holdens (http://www.ameshow.com.au/hsvnats/hot_holdens.htm)
I reckon a couple of modified Opels or even standard GSi/SRi models could make a nice club display as there will be heaps of other clubs on display.
Corsa

ultim8DTM5
20th April 2005, 12:02 AM
n00b Q: Where's Sandown? Vic?

OPC
20th April 2005, 09:09 AM
n00b Q: Where's Sandown? Vic?

well we do have victorians on this forum too pete...

maybe he was refering to them...

are you going to this event john ?
takin the corsa ?
or is it too far ?

a_manda
20th April 2005, 09:32 AM
Sandown is in South Australia, they have a horse racing track there

Namus
20th April 2005, 09:46 AM
nice avatar amanda :lol: :mrgreen:

OPC
20th April 2005, 10:44 AM

yes there is a race track in SA called sandown but its a horse track

and the one john is refering to is the car race track at sandown VIC
V8 supercars are there in round 9... from 9th - 11th september

a_manda
20th April 2005, 10:58 AM
hehehe too much info to process in the brain :screwy: :wink:

oneightoo
20th April 2005, 11:51 AM
insane in the membrane :screwy:

Anonymous
20th April 2005, 12:53 PM

there is no horse track is south aust called sandown its in victoria and is where the sandown 500 is held

a_manda
20th April 2005, 01:01 PM

there is no horse track is south aust called sandown its in victoria and is where the sandown 500 is held

haha south australia .. victoria same thing :lol: i've always had too many drinks when they call the races as Rosehill :wink:

Anonymous
20th April 2005, 01:10 PM

haha south australia .. victoria same thing :lol: i've always had too many drinks when they call the races as Rosehill :wink:

not the same thing south australians are mental and victorians are well cant say due to i might get a warning :lol:

Anonymous
20th April 2005, 05:36 PM
Would thought about chucking the Azenis back on and putting the Harness in aswell and Entering the SRi, But its a Commonwhore Event.
HSV/HDT Owners Club seem to have a Problem to losing to a Astra :)

Be pretty Crap with just Commodores though, Thats my Opinion.

Corsa
21st April 2005, 01:15 AM
are you going to this event john ?
takin the corsa ?
or is it too far ?
I was originally planning on taking two cars down but have decided a while back it was too much hassle so am only taking one. Almost was going to end up with three if i sent the other two down on a truck. The Corsa is staying at home as it is the more well known of my two toys.

HSV/HDT Owners Club seem to have a Problem to losing to a Astra :)
Nah they never had a problem losing to my Astra when i took it along to a club event one day. Most were very impressed with it. At least they all know what an Astra turbo is now.

Be pretty Crap with just Commodores though, Thats my Opinion.
The main thing is the HDT/HSV Nationals but there will be heaps of other Holden based clubs in attendence hence the section called Hot Holdens at Sandown. So lots of non Commodore Holdens will be there.
I entered the Holden vs Ford show in Sydney last year and i'm sure it never crossed the minds of the Opel group to enter but there was a couple of trophies up for grabs for best import and i know a Ford Focus picked up one of them.
Also with the HDT/HSV thing there are non Commodore based cars eligble for that section like the HDT Magnum, Jackaroo and shock horror even a HDT (Opel) Monza. I would also like to see a HSV SV1800 Astra and HSV Jackaroo in attendance.
Corsa

Anonymous
21st April 2005, 06:22 PM
Most of the Older Guys in HSV/HDT Owners are Good Blokes, There were just a few Youngster with VR/VS down @ Phillip Island :lol:
Be a rarity now to see a Genuine SV1800. Especially a Sedan and in Black :wink:

I might go down if I ain't to Busy. :D