PDA

View Full Version : More damage !!

Mitch
19th April 2005, 09:24 PM
Well once again my car has been damaged in some way. How it happened, who did it and when it happened? I have no idea at all..

After arriving home from work today, I walk around the front of my car to see where a red/maroon car has scraped along my front bar taking the paint off. I wasn't too worried as the bar the is getting resprayed next Tuesday anyway. The thing that pissed me off most was that it happened in the work car park. I always park away from everyone else but they obviously couldn't reverse out and drive off without hitting my car which would of been 3-4 metres away.

They didn't even leave a note to say who it was, which now I have to search for a red/maroon car in the car park when I go to work, and that's about 100 cars which not all of them are on the same crew as me so it could of been anyone on day work, shift work or crib relief. That leaves me with hundreds of cars to search through and the chances of me finding out who did it are very rare.

But not all things are bad, I was cheered up when I walked inside to see my new Opel grille sitting on my bed which I wasn't expecting until next week. :)

oneightoo
19th April 2005, 10:17 PM
i know how you feel.. i had my passenger side mirroe taken clean off one day, didnt even realise until i was almost home, which was a 20 minute drive.. i couldnt believe it.. no note, no nothing.. and then there was this time i was at the foreshore in newcastle, and on my window was a note calling me all sorts of names, apparently my car had hit the one parked in front of me, after an inspection, there wasnt a scratch at all or even the slightest of marks on my car, and i certainly dont recall seeing any cars near me when i parked.. just goes to show, some people out there truely are total effwits..

that is all

no1joey
19th April 2005, 10:39 PM
well theres so many things that have happened to my car, the last thing happened today,i picked up my car from the mechanics after getting new brake pads etc fitted, everything seemed fine, then later on tonight whilst at the petrol station i noticed one mag was different in shine to the others, after a close up look i realised it had been sprayed with some chrome paint, i rang the mechanic as i had his mobile and he admitted to scratching the wheel then getting it sprayed today while i left it with him ! he was hoping i wouldnt notice. anyway i told him to meet me at tempe tyres tomorrw to buy me a new one or else, he agreed.

if it aint one thing its a mutha fukin notha, word to my granny and my daddy and my mother

Namus
20th April 2005, 06:49 AM
sorry in all three cases; it's real bitch; :evil: :evil: :?

I'm NOT obsessed with my car (as i don't believe one being judged on the materials they own; i.e. materialistic), but everytime I'm walking back to my car from uni or the shopping centre I get that really sick and empty feeling in my stomach that my car is gonna be scratched or damaged; So far (apart from that crash on the motorway I posted up about) I've been lucky;

but when i get back to the car, I always do a full car inspection; check for scratches, damage etc...

agreed tho; for ppl not to leave a note is NOT funny; one of my chick friend's fiance had his magna smashed into in a work parking lot causing in excess of $4000 worth of damage; thing is, the guy who hit him was just gonna drive off but my friend's fiance chased him (on foot) through the car park to the entrance (one of the ones where u gotta swipe a card to get through);

lucky he happened to be on a smoko and saw it... :shock: :evil: :evil:

Fungusfee
20th April 2005, 07:10 PM
Ah, *sigh*. Sorry to hear it all. My front bar was backed into with a ute 1wk after it was replaced after someone else backed into it! Took two big chunks of paint out of the bonnet and no note. I wasn't too worried about the bonnet 'cos was gonna respray it anyway but the front bar pissed me off :evil: .

Just had someone back into my passenger door yesterday with a tow bar :( . I was in the car at the time so he couldn't really do a runna (apparently he couldn't see a reasonably sized car filling his rear window) so at least his insurance should cover it.

Ah well, such are the risks of living in the north.

Sorry to hear about your war stories. hope you catch the bastard Mitch :)