PDA

View Full Version : Problems installing a BOV on Sri Turbo.. Please help

DoYLiE
14th April 2005, 05:53 PM
Hey,

Just wondering if any of you guys/girls could help me out.

I have just recently brought a Turbo SRI Astra. I have tried to have a blow off valve installed, (from a local performance shop) and they have had a few problems with it.

Long story short they installed a Turbosmart blow off valve and the car didnt like it to much, it was stalling and the traction control light would come on. I have since found out that i need a Plumback type blow off valve to stop the car from stalling and dieing in rev's.

The problem they have now is the traction control runs on the same vacume as the blow off valve, so i am having problems with the traction control....

So i was just wanting to know if there is anyone else with the same car that has had a BOV installed with no problems. Is it possible or not to run a blow off valve on the Turbo Sri ?

If you know how to fix this or have had one sucesfully install can you please email me, i am desperiate to fix this problem.

[email protected]

Doylie

auzvectra
14th April 2005, 06:04 PM
have seen them on, not plumb back.
personally dont bother wit em, have heard that they just make em run too rich neway.
then u got the problem of it bein mistaken for a jap ride, i wouldnt want this myself.
all they do is atract attention, waste fuel, n become annoying.
spend ur money on another mod that will actually benifit u!
like a software upgrade for d ecu, or an intercooler, or somethin like that.

OPC
14th April 2005, 06:07 PM
this is just my opinion and im sorry if you take offence to it...

dont run a BOV on your car...

if all you want is the noise of the BOV then i suggest you rip out the air intake and stick a K&N pod filter on straight out of the turbo...

yes they are illegal
yes it prolly wont run as good as standard air intake

but hey if all you want is the noise then i say go for it :D K&N all the way baby :D

auzvectra
14th April 2005, 06:47 PM
yeah, i took my air filter out 4 a min last week to c what it would sound like, it was heaps louder, more than i thought even, worry's me bout puttn a k&n in, as i want it quiet, so when i smoke some1 they dont know i'm turbs!
stealth all the way. :twisted:

mr_astra_retired
14th April 2005, 06:57 PM
To me sounds like they connected the vac line incorrectly , you will find though the TC light will still come on regardless but will run ok if connected correctly, the turbosmart type bovs are not really designed for astra T's unlike the Bailey type BOV.

Did they disconnect the standard Blow off valve ???
What type of turbosmart valve was it?
Where did they place it on the intercooler pipe?

Now i had a Bailey BOV on mine and never had any worries , didnt use any more fuel, Sounded good and i had the standard BOV dis-connected.

auzvectra
14th April 2005, 07:51 PM
where the hell is that standard bov, is it right down the back cause i cant see it?
havent really had a good look, just a glance n couldnt c it.

mr_astra_retired
14th April 2005, 07:52 PM
Its on the side of the turbo

auzvectra
18th April 2005, 09:37 PM
thats prob y i havent seen it, didnt look down there!

mr_astra_retired
18th April 2005, 09:39 PM
Its on the left hand side if your looking down on top of the motor(in front of the car) There is a black pipe coming from it , this is the vac line for the bov!!

auzvectra
18th April 2005, 09:43 PM
THATS the bov!!!!
the tiny little thing under the boost controller, just looks like a bracket for the boost controller.
would never of found that!