PDA

View Full Version : Will this void my warranty?

splurtis
8th April 2005, 09:51 PM
hi there, if i was to install a new head unit into the dash of my car instead of the singl cd changer in ther would that void the warranty on my car? what about if i was to add a subwoofer and amps?

also how about if i was to change the exhast to a more beefy one? would that void my car warranty?

last one which i think is pretty obvious that it would, but if i was to install a turbo into m car would that void the car warranty?

thanks heaps guys

~Kupu~
8th April 2005, 10:06 PM
the head unit no you just wont have warranty on the stereo some members have these

the exhaust will not void warranty on the car as a whole just some components may not be covered depending on the dealer and alot of members have zorsts too

the turbo would probably void warranty on all engine components, clutch, gear box etc...... be left with warranty on non mechanical things most likely

ultim8DTM5
8th April 2005, 10:09 PM
Turbo would.
Exhaust wouldn't.
Headunit wouldn.t

splurtis
8th April 2005, 10:11 PM
thank you for your quick repsonse! hope i am not bugging too much when i ask this! but i am deperatly trying to find a head unti that has a touch screen that comes out of the unit, and plays dvd, cd and radio and also has built in gps, do you know of anything that would do this? i found a Pioneer AVIC-N2 DVD/GPS Navigation System/6.5" LCD but that seems to be an american type of one, looked onthe pioneer australia site and could not find any reference to it! can you sugest anything please? thank you heaps

ultim8DTM5
8th April 2005, 11:26 PM
The AVIC-N1/N2 is not available in Australia.
If you buy from the US, the Sat Nav/GPS will not work.

Namus
9th April 2005, 12:15 PM
Turbo would.
Exhaust wouldn't.
Headunit wouldn.t

yep 8)

~Kupu~
9th April 2005, 12:29 PM
is there an echo in here - like seriously it was said twice already i certainly think that needed to be validated again :bang:

Namus
9th April 2005, 01:07 PM
meh

splurtis
10th April 2005, 06:15 PM
so is there any models in australia with similar functions?

ultim8DTM5
10th April 2005, 06:49 PM
Do you want on-board diagnostic display or not?

splurtis
10th April 2005, 07:07 PM
wouldnt mind either! :D
know of anything that will doo all this for me? mp3/dvd/gps/tv would be good too ;) and the on board thingy i dont mind

ultim8DTM5
10th April 2005, 07:12 PM
Theres a shitload, seriously.
Eclipse, Blaupunkt are some with good reps.

splurtis
10th April 2005, 07:40 PM
ahh ok! so does Blaupunkt make one that does all this in one? and fits into the single din spot with a monitor that pops out of it

ultim8DTM5
10th April 2005, 08:12 PM
Talk to Goran (OPL20T) he has one in his car and is very pleased with it.
I'm sure Chris (Chris R) will do you a deal as he is an authorised Blaupunkt dealer

BassyAstra
11th April 2005, 03:28 AM
and plays dvd, cd and radio and also has built in gps

I can see that as being an expensive unit.

splurtis:
I have a claion unit that has a 7" touch screen screen @ dvd/cd/radio in one unit that i bought from the US, no gps though.

If you want to save money on buying overseas u might have to stick with buying a gps/sat-nav unit seperate in australia.

Listen to ultim8DTM5 his advice is Top Notch.

Namus
11th April 2005, 03:52 PM
didn't some1 say that u can only utilise auz-made ones here anyway?

ultim8DTM5
11th April 2005, 05:18 PM
Adam doesn't have a GPS unit to begin with.
GPS won't work but everything else will however FM signal will be weaker and there will be no AM I believe.

Anonymous
11th April 2005, 05:32 PM
nothing will technically void your warranty unless you modify or alter a stock component of your car and it fails, or if you remove and replace a stock part with an aftermarket part.

For example, I change my air filter, and there is is significant engine damage. Holden can claim particles entered the engine.

Logic is your friend, stick with aesthetics if you're worried about warranty.

Stereo will only affect your warranty if a loose wire shorts, and sends your car into flames.. or something...

zoidberg
11th April 2005, 05:56 PM
becareful

fitting an exhaust from the cat converter BACK will only void your warranty on the exhaust....this doesn't matter cos the factory one isn't even on the car anymore

BUT

fitting a completely new exhaust from the engine WILL void your warrantee on the engine. thats how it was at the dealer i worked for

NUTTTR
11th April 2005, 06:09 PM
There's a pretty simple rule:
If you have to ask if it will void the warranty, it will..... on at LEAST the component you change, plus whatever it's directly connected to...
99% of the time that's 100%
Aaron

Chris R
11th April 2005, 08:18 PM
you have pm.
the pioneer unit you mention will not work here. the FM section will the DVD unit will be region locked and will only play dvds from that area. the AM section will be on 10khz spacing which means that the AM section will not work properly.

the GPS WONT WORK!

I have a few options in mind that will depending on budget. most of which I have on hand.

actually fire me your name/address in a PM and I'll send you a blaupunkt 2005 product catalog.