PDA

View Full Version : Astra vs Mazda 6 ???

gaero
29th March 2005, 09:14 PM
something different to the wrx vs astra debate :shock: :shock:

[web:46a50cc612]http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/printthread.php?t=1358[/web:46a50cc612]

some of the interesting quotes:

"the new astra actually looked pretty appealing in terms of appearances esp the SRi with that optional 18" alloys. Never driven a holden in my life cos i did not like the brand. I find holdens chunky, clunky and very ugly. and the small car category do not fare well either, compared with japanese or european in designs and performance." so holdens small cars ie astra barina :twisted: are not opel and opel is not european :bang:

"The only fast thing about the Astra is its depreciation value!!" :lol: :roll:

"Just last night I had a group of SRI's (?? They're the turbo ones right?) pull up beside me at the lights (well, I didn't know there were 3 at the time, it was night and I noticed one change lanes from behind to take up pos next to me - they must have been on a cruise). It was on Epping road at the lights just before the space station on the way to the city (ie just before the hill).

Now, I'm no expert, but I was still in front once we hit 80 and I eased off. Needless to say, I was quite happy. (Both were manuals, I could here the turbo on their gear changes).

Considering the 6 is a better configuration of the same engine, I would bet on the 6."

now confess who put us to shame or did the mazda 6 realise he was gonna loose and "eased off" :twisted:

InsaneAsylum
29th March 2005, 09:24 PM
i think they are both gay for buying auto's

the truth is people who own mazda's are going to sign up to mazda forums to gloat about how fast their car is to other mazda own people.

same asford people, holden people, opel people, hyundai people, mitsubishi people, toyota people, skoda people etc etc etc

and other people will stick up for them because you would never knock your own make of car, would you, which then in turn makes mazda, holden, ford, toyota person etc. think their car is even better than they first thought and it all snowballs until they decide to line up a car which is faster than theirs so that then they are able to make a post about how crap their car is because it just doesn't feel powerful anymore, they will tell their story and someone on the mazda forum that owns a wrx, porsche, ferrari etc etc will tell them madza is sh1t, hence causing a big argument BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA :bang: ad nauseum :bang:

ecstasy
29th March 2005, 09:38 PM
dunno but talking about ugly those mazda six are a long turd with clear tail lights that nobody wants, check the mazda dealers they started at 36000 dollars and now u buy an easter egg and they chuck one for free (i believe they selling them for 30grand or less and thats onlyfrom mid last year till now). What a load of crapp, i do like the 3, a mate of mine has one and yeah they got bigger engine but i don't believe that a six can beat an astra turbo.

ecstasy
29th March 2005, 09:44 PM
i think they are both gay for buying auto's

the truth is people who own mazda's are going to sign up to mazda forums to gloat about how fast their car is to other mazda own people.

same asford people, holden people, opel people, hyundai people, mitsubishi people, toyota people, skoda people etc etc etc

and other people will stick up for them because you would never knock your own make of car, would you, which then in turn makes mazda, holden, ford, toyota person etc. think their car is even better than they first thought and it all snowballs until they decide to line up a car which is faster than theirs so that then they are able to make a post about how crap their car is because it just doesn't feel powerful anymore, they will tell their story and someone on the mazda forum that owns a wrx, porsche, ferrari etc etc will tell them madza is sh1t, hence causing a big argument BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA :bang: ad nauseum :bang:

i agree with everything except for the auto thingo. Autos are not gay, just convenient. More when you know theres always 30 min traffic going and coming back to work. Had modded cars all my life with 5 speed normal but hey i wouldnt have any other car not manual at the moment. The onle exception would be something for the weekend or going to the track to "feel" a bit more the car. Driving an auto doesnt make the car gay or the driver. If not chech formula one and all race cars, they only use clutch to launch and thats about it and soon they wont cause machines can do it better than humans. Check the latest auto gearbox of Audi, better than any manul gearbox with even the best driver. just my 2 cents.

Kwijy
29th March 2005, 09:53 PM
I love this quote...

The funny thing is the Turbo is not much quicker then the SRI 2.2L version.
none are over quick.

I've driven both, by accident.

ROFL... By accident :lol: :lol: :lol:

gaero
29th March 2005, 09:58 PM
ROFL... By accident :lol: :lol: :lol:

honest they forced me to do it :lol:

shaohaok
29th March 2005, 10:09 PM
it looks like they haven't really changed much the last time i had a look on there.

the usual narrow-minded, arrogant as well as ignorant ppl are still hanging around there slapping each other's backs.

and there's no way the maz6 is significantly faster than a 2.2 astra. both auto or both manual. it should be close.

Brett
29th March 2005, 10:36 PM
please a mazda 6 would dropped by a basic commonwhore, rwd launching ability, and superior power to weight ratio, against an underpowered tail dragger, some guys like to dream alittle too much

Brett
29th March 2005, 10:44 PM
Yeh astra turbos are so slow wahahaha, meanwhile a stock one can drop their beloved RX-8 crotch rocket, so im sure a sluggish mazda 6 can drop one, lets dream alittle more

InsaneAsylum
29th March 2005, 10:58 PM
i agree with everything except for the auto thingo. Autos are not gay, just convenient. More when you know theres always 30 min traffic going and coming back to work. Had modded cars all my life with 5 speed normal but hey i wouldnt have any other car not manual at the moment. The onle exception would be something for the weekend or going to the track to "feel" a bit more the car. Driving an auto doesnt make the car gay or the driver. If not chech formula one and all race cars, they only use clutch to launch and thats about it and soon they wont cause machines can do it better than humans. Check the latest auto gearbox of Audi, better than any manul gearbox with even the best driver. just my 2 cents.

fair call but i wasn't referring to auto's being gay as "homosexual" but inpractical in the scheme of their conversation. in other words if you like the convenience of an auto in traffic or on long trips etc. that's fair enough, autos have their place. however i loath comments such as "do you reckon my auto VS commodore can beat my friends manual VN, he thinks he can win but I have FE2 suspension" stuff like that.

Brett
29th March 2005, 11:10 PM
most enthusiasts love driving manuals, you actually feel like you are driving a car, not merely steering it, sure computers might be getting better, and soon a fully automatic transmission will out perform human manual changes, but its about driver enjoyment. an auto 911? no thanks

auzvectra
29th March 2005, 11:20 PM
gotta laugh, had a mazda 6 hire car when my veccy got rit off, absolute heap of crap. no chance would a 6 be anywhere near a 2.2 let alone a 2.0t, me thinks the 1.8 would slauter em aswell. the 1 i drove (only picked it cause it had tiptronic, n other choice was a commodore, regreted it b4 i made it out the drive) was slow, n i mean really slow!!!
guess the turbo was changn at 2000rpm to hear the wastegate open like i do. :D

Brett
29th March 2005, 11:25 PM
yeh hahaha, id say a manual 1.8 would whip them

NUTTTR
29th March 2005, 11:50 PM
LOL if a standard commy beats them then the 2.2 would kill them :)
I proved AGAIN that the astra 2.2L (up the same bloody hill!!) kills the holden commonwhores...
The mazda 6 i don't mind the top models, but the liberty's i go for EVERY day in a 6 over the mazda....... The liberty's are a seriously nice car!
Aaron

MiksOpel
30th March 2005, 12:02 AM
well i raced a ferrari with my SRi, and won, so there......... :screwy:

SmellyTofu
30th March 2005, 09:28 AM
That's it.. I'm leaving the Outback and going back to my Astra. Tired of Subaru cars.. :)

OPC
30th March 2005, 09:40 AM
yeah i think a mazda 6 will absolutelly flog anyones astra on here :lol: :lol: :lol:

but not a limited edition corsa :mrgreen:

Anonymous
30th March 2005, 09:41 AM
well you can't blame them for thinking that the new astra is not a euro car.

It looks like a corolla ffs. Most ugly astra ever. (Why couldn't the opel designers imiate the golf, a3, 1 series?? Why a JAPANESE FRIDGE?) Sorry chaps, I'd buy a corolla sportivo over an astra SRi anyday. At least I;m not buying a more expensive carbon copy. :lol:

Still reckon the TS CDx is the best astra. 8)

woody
30th March 2005, 09:54 AM
Just as a matter of comparison....

My best mate drives a Mazda 6 - Top of the line sports pack and all. I drive and Astra SRi 2.2.

Both are Autos... he gets whipped every time

Even he conceeds that his car would never keep up with mine.

(Insane Asylum... neither of us are gay.... :lol: (well not yet anyway))

InsaneAsylum
30th March 2005, 10:02 AM
hahhaha let us know when your coming out? :P

also bear in mind that weight plays an important factor in performance. those mazda stooges compare kilowatts to kilowatts when they should be looking at kilograms too.

a_manda
30th March 2005, 10:12 AM
07-11-2004
It was on Epping road at the lights just before the space station on the way to the city (ie just before the hill).
Now, I'm no expert, but I was still in front once we hit 80 and I eased off. Needless to say, I was quite happy. (Both were manuals, I could here the turbo on their gear changes).

i remember this exact night and this guy is full of it, i remember jay and steven in front of him, not the mazda :screwy:

i don't recall a mazda leading and i'd put my money on the astra ... my 2c anyway ...

InsaneAsylum
30th March 2005, 11:19 AM
exactly my point amanda. noone is on the mazda site to dispute his story and they will all go to his defense because they are also mazda-bators

Mr T
30th March 2005, 11:42 AM
well you can't blame them for thinking that the new astra is not a euro car.

It looks like a corolla ffs. Most ugly astra ever. (Why couldn't the opel designers imiate the golf, a3, 1 series?? Why a JAPANESE FRIDGE?) Sorry chaps, I'd buy a corolla sportivo over an astra SRi anyday. At least I;m not buying a more expensive carbon copy. :lol:

Still reckon the TS CDx is the best astra. 8)

Sorry Don, I have to correct you, don't Toyota advertise that their Corolla is "European Designed", and who is European? Toyota or Opel.

Anyways the Astra was designed first, you should notice a family resemblance that GM are designing all their cars to look the same. The new cars all have very similar styling, ie. Vectra, Tigra, Zafira, Astra Cadilac, VE Commodore, and even Rodeo, within a few years, as they all get replaced, they will all look the same.

dazza015
30th March 2005, 11:58 AM
Opens Wheels magazine to compare qtr mile and 0-100 times........

Anonymous
30th March 2005, 12:00 PM
Sorry, I don't know who designed their cars first. Regardless though, they're both not very appealing cars, and if it is the case that toyota copied the astra, I wouldn't pay premium for the astra given that the toyota is a much more reliable car. IMO, the new astra is a dud. The only thing going for it is the interior. Who would pay close to 27g incl on roads for an ancient motor, ageing engineering and a heavier shell?

It was designed to challenge the golf, and after sitting in a new golf, and then a new astra, I think GM have failed... miserably.

Anonymous
30th March 2005, 12:05 PM
Opens Wheels magazine to compare qtr mile and 0-100 times........

Funny nobodies mentioned the new vectra.

Motor mag put it up against the new mazda 6, and the mazda 6 won.

I've test driven a SRi 2.2 as I was close to buying one, and I've also driven my aunties mazda 6. IMO, the mazda 6 excelled in every field. Yes the SRi 2.2 is quicker, but it was too nose heavy. The mazda 6 seemed like it was engineered as a package, as opposed to the SRi's logic of dropping in a people mover engine. :lol:

Kind of like the new dodge viper. More power doesn't make a better car.

Namus
30th March 2005, 12:09 PM
sorry ppl; i know ppl on here are very decent and modest ppl, but i'm gonna get this out now cause no1 else seems willing to say it:

THERE IS NO WAY ON THIS EARTH THAT AN AUTO MAZDA 6 WOULD BEAT (OR EVER HAS BEATEN) AN ASTRA T.

I have ridden in three different Astra T's (All TS/G models); one stock and two mildly modified (including Mrbenno's off this forum); nope, sorry, all of this crap from the aptly named "Mazda-bator's" (very funny btw) is just b/s and i can easily say that an Astra T (even stock) would smash (and i mean smash) a Mazda 6, especially an auto.....

As for the Epping Road story; was the Astra T driver goin backwards? B***Shite...pull the other one tosser :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :roll:

shaohaok
30th March 2005, 12:09 PM
the corolla hatch's rear end is a a carbon copy of an audi A3. the tail-lights are a bit different. that's all :P

Namus
30th March 2005, 12:10 PM
If they were talking about the Mazda 6 MPS version due out late this year or early next year; ok maybe; 190kW turbo AWD....

GOZOFF
30th March 2005, 12:14 PM
Huh... funny

Last night on the way home from our meet at KK's I ran a Mazda 6 white one lowerd with wheels not only did i win, he almost smashed into the concrete barriers cause it handles like a boat in water, I backed off but he still wanted to race but I just slowed down after he lost it. I didn't want to see him, kill him self :shock:

Namus
30th March 2005, 12:15 PM
yeah but he probably still did the "bogan fly-by" :roll:

Mr T
30th March 2005, 12:19 PM
yeah, for once i agree with Namus :shock:

i've raced mazda 6's in my late VY V6 (god bless her soul) and also in the Astra T

results:

VY v's 6 about even until 2nd gear, then its all over mazda-bater

Astra T v's 6.....um was he really racing...um i dunno....maybe he got a bad start :screwy:

someone should post this thread in their forum...so they can get a taste of reality :mrgreen:

RK
30th March 2005, 12:19 PM
Mazda 6 must be pretty damn good if it lost to a Vectra :shock:

@sh
30th March 2005, 01:53 PM
Sorry to dig up the manual auto debate.. I have always loved manual and true it makes you feel like you have complete control over the car... but on the long weekend I drove a auto car with paddles it was bloody awesome great for the twisty bits 8)

Mrs T
30th March 2005, 01:54 PM
Sorry chaps, I'd buy a corolla sportivo over an astra SRi anyday.

Don have you driven a Sportivo???

When i brought my Astra T i looked around as i wasnt familiar with the "Performace" 4 Cylinder market. I looked at Corolla Sportivo, WRX and a few other brands I wanted a car that looked nice, drove smoothly and had get up and go.

I cannot comment on the ride-ability of the Astra H but i can comment on the sportivo. It was rough as guts (putting it politely) It drove like a normal 4 cylinder until you hit 6000rpm then the power kicked in, because of this it was a very jerky ride. Its just my experience. I have no favorite car manufacturer I just look at what my needs are and compare makes and models for value for money.

Just some figures from Motor Mag

Mazda6 Luxury Sports 16.15 0-400 122kw@6500 rpm

Mazda SP23 not tested 115kw@6500 rpm

Toyota Corolla Sportivo 16.0 0-400 140kw@7600 rpm

Holden Astra SRI 17.12 0-400 108kw@5800 rpm

Holden Astra SRI T 15.22 0-400 147kw@5600 rpm

Holden Vectra CDXI (V6) 15.42 0-400 155kw@6200rpm

You can plainly see that these guys are just well you know lol

If i am recalling the correct information from my brain the Ts he was racing were not stock.

I personally think they are just trying to look good in front of their mates

Just like i know a girl that told me she raced a skyline in her excel and beat him!

People just try and look good

Anonymous
30th March 2005, 02:15 PM
Yes, I would buy a sportivo over a 2.2 SRi :)

I've absolutely thrashed one to bits around the twisties near the Concord golf courses, and even though I'm not very good at driving manual, I could just tell the front end was lighter, suffered from less understeer, and felt more complacent then the 2.2 SRi.

I'd choose the astra turbo over a sportivo.... But the astra turbo is in wrx price league. :P

woody
30th March 2005, 02:31 PM
I've test driven a SRi 2.2 as I was close to buying one, and I've also driven my aunties mazda 6. IMO, the mazda 6 excelled in every field. Yes the SRi 2.2 is quicker, but it was too nose heavy. The mazda 6 seemed like it was engineered as a package, as opposed to the SRi's logic of dropping in a people mover engine.

Sorry but i don't agree.. i have driven the Mazda 6 with Sports pack my mate ownes on many occasions and as i said i own a 2.2 Sri..

I agree that for the size of the car the Maza 6 handles very well but putting up against the SRi it corners much slower.

Obviously this is my opinion and it is not taking into account the differences in tyres and all the other variables that exist between my experiences and yours, but i'm guessing you haven't really pushed the Sri cos they handle pretty good under pressure.

(before anyone asks - my SRi handling package is standard)

InsaneAsylum
30th March 2005, 03:06 PM
EURO IS THE NEW JAP

let me say it... honda, mazda, toyota. all want to look euro

Mrs T
30th March 2005, 03:10 PM
EURO IS THE NEW JAP

let me say it... honda, mazda, toyota. all want to look euro

Although they are still not engineered like the Euro cars lol

InsaneAsylum
30th March 2005, 03:18 PM
it's all about looks and you get to shag the CEO's daughter if you own a corolla with all enw european styling.

hell honda even called their accord freaking 'euro'

a_manda
30th March 2005, 03:20 PM
i've seen a mazda6 with the number plates EUR-001 driving along pacific hwy :screwy:

RK
30th March 2005, 03:21 PM
Just be a passenger in GOZOFFs car and you'll realise how well an SRi handles.

P.S You'll also most likely crap your pants.

Mrs T
30th March 2005, 03:21 PM
You cant buy champagne on a beer budget so i guess they have to cater for those people hey

a_manda
30th March 2005, 03:23 PM
Just be a passenger in GOZOFFs car and you'll realise how well an SRi handles.

P.S You'll also most likely crap your pants.

or ur skirt flies up with the wind :oops:

i was gona say this but held myself bak cos he's a safe driver now :P :wink:

SSS_Hoon
30th March 2005, 03:28 PM
well i can say this i have beaten many a mazda 6's in my n/a 2l SSS and well the astra T's i from this site have been out cruising with eat me so there is no way that mazda 6 bea tthe astra t unless my granny was driving it and she can only drive autos and couldnt get outta first gear.

and the sri 2.2 even eat me(GOZOFF) well dont know for sure but i would think that his car would anyway.

although i have beaten a certain silver astra T on here i believe :lol:

SSS_Hoon

Brett
30th March 2005, 05:53 PM
okay who lost to a pulsar?

shaohaok
30th March 2005, 06:08 PM
Sorry chaps, I'd buy a corolla sportivo over an astra SRi anyday.

Don have you driven a Sportivo???

When i brought my Astra T i looked around as i wasnt familiar with the "Performace" 4 Cylinder market. I looked at Corolla Sportivo, WRX and a few other brands I wanted a car that looked nice, drove smoothly and had get up and go.

I cannot comment on the ride-ability of the Astra H but i can comment on the sportivo. It was rough as guts (putting it politely) It drove like a normal 4 cylinder until you hit 6000rpm then the power kicked in, because of this it was a very jerky ride. Its just my experience. I have no favorite car manufacturer I just look at what my needs are and compare makes and models for value for money.

Just some figures from Motor Mag

Mazda6 Luxury Sports 16.15 0-400 122kw@6500 rpm

Mazda SP23 not tested 115kw@6500 rpm

Toyota Corolla Sportivo 16.0 0-400 140kw@7600 rpm

Holden Astra SRI 17.12 0-400 108kw@5800 rpm

Holden Astra SRI T 15.22 0-400 147kw@5600 rpm

Holden Vectra CDXI (V6) 15.42 0-400 155kw@6200rpm

You can plainly see that these guys are just well you know lol

If i am recalling the correct information from my brain the Ts he was racing were not stock.

I personally think they are just trying to look good in front of their mates

Just like i know a girl that told me she raced a skyline in her excel and beat him!

People just try and look good

when did u drive the sportivo? coz there is a new ECU with new mappings that make the changeover a lot smoother. all the stock or fairly stock sportivos i know run between 15.2 and 15.5

yes it's faster than a 2.2 SRi but not as quick as a turbo.

OPC
30th March 2005, 06:12 PM
okay who lost to a pulsar?

oh its ok brett i think damo is dillusional :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brett
30th March 2005, 06:15 PM
my good friend had a sportivo, he had it for 3 months and he told toyota to take it back as they apparently have some fault when they hit 6000rpm they make some dodgy vibration, he now drives a rexy. And during his time of ownership he use to race a good friend of mines astra sri, and it was damn close, at 100ks there was less then a car in it, although in the initial jump off the line, the astra was always infront

shaohaok
30th March 2005, 06:27 PM
my good friend had a sportivo, he had it for 3 months and he told toyota to take it back as they apparently have some fault when they hit 6000rpm they make some dodgy vibration, he now drives a rexy. And during his time of ownership he use to race a good friend of mines astra sri, and it was damn close, at 100ks there was less then a car in it, although in the initial jump off the line, the astra was always infront

it all depends on how he swapped the gears. one thing i really hate about my car is that the gearing is all wrong :(

first gear is a little too long. and then u really have to get the shift into second right or else u drop out of the powerband and then u have to wait for it to pick up and go again. u lose about half a second there. if it's against most 100ishkw hatches, it's usually about half a length or more at the start of second. then it starts to pull away quickly after that. if u get the shift right when going into second, it's usually a lot better and it keeps up with the stock astra turbo.

it's fun and quick if u're on the circuit when u dun have to use 1st!

OPC
30th March 2005, 06:30 PM
i had a sportivo owner pull up next to me one night and ask for a run...

but he said can you wait till im in 2nd gear b4 you start... :lol:

shaohaok
30th March 2005, 06:33 PM

smart4arse 8)

OPC
30th March 2005, 06:42 PM

smart4arse 8)

what :shock: its true :lol: would i lie to you :oops:

shaohaok
30th March 2005, 06:46 PM

smart4arse 8)

what :shock: its true :lol: would i lie to you :oops:

take your turbo off next time. u'd still have a bigger displacement! :P

ecstasy
30th March 2005, 07:05 PM
shaohaok even with a dodgy gearbox ratios i bet u had fun on the twisty bits. i know i did :)

shaohaok
30th March 2005, 07:30 PM
shaohaok even with a dodgy gearbox ratios i bet u had fun on the twisty bits. i know i did :)

it's a quite a challenge to keep the revs going on twistier roads. the car has taught me a whole lot more than any other i've owned.

Mr T
30th March 2005, 08:08 PM
when did u drive the sportivo? coz there is a new ECU with new mappings that make the changeover a lot smoother. all the stock or fairly stock sportivos i know run between 15.2 and 15.5

August 03, she was referring to the cam lift at 6000rpm......not very subtle

Mrs T
31st March 2005, 08:53 AM
although i have beaten a certain silver astra T on here i believe :lol:SSS_Hoon

I think that the person you are referring to had their car for only a week or two and were worried about thrashing it lol

But ill ask you this SSS Hoon, have you beaten it since :lol: :lol: :lol:

rjastra
31st March 2005, 09:16 AM
IMO, the new astra is a dud. The only thing going for it is the interior.

Heaps of people it seems... its the top selling small car in Australia at the moment. Outselling both the MAzda 3 and Corolla.

It seems you view is not shared by the majority. MOstly I hear that the new Astra is more stylish than the old one.

I own a TS SRi 2.2 and reckon the new car is definitely more stylish. The TS is rather bland and has no features that grab the eye.

Waiting for the new 3 door Sri T,

Mrs T
31st March 2005, 09:35 AM
Waiting for the 5 door SRI T. Pllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee Holden. With a cherry on top :lol:

Mr T
31st March 2005, 10:15 AM
Waiting for the 5 door SRI T. Pllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee Holden. With a cherry on top :lol:

Or a 36TT Torrie :roll:

woody
31st March 2005, 11:21 AM
I'm with onenut.. if the Torrie becomes reality i'm gonna be on the waiting list, but preferably with four paw action!!

Mr T
31st March 2005, 11:29 AM
Thats what i'm talking about. 8)

OPC
31st March 2005, 11:37 AM
here here glenn :D i want a peice of that :D

Mrs T
31st March 2005, 11:41 AM
*********drools**********

Either one i dont really mind.

But will i be accepted???????

shaohaok
31st March 2005, 01:35 PM

August 03, she was referring to the cam lift at 6000rpm......not very subtle

the noise isn't very subtle! :P

yes initially, before the ECU upgrade the changeover was quite a shove, but they made it a lot smoother now.

Anonymous
31st March 2005, 01:56 PM
here here glenn :D i want a peice of that :D

thats if they ever make it a reality :roll:

Holden generally scrap their good ideas. :cry:

Mr T
31st March 2005, 01:58 PM
Yeah maybe they will now that Hannanburger is gone, but when he was GM, everything gut put through. and it sucks that Torrana was Hannanburgers idea :bang:

FLY-SRi
31st March 2005, 02:27 PM
far out tho's mazda guys are lost?...i like the post saying the SRI is turbo rite? lolz foolz!...they just dont like the fact about being beaten by an Astra

Namus
31st March 2005, 02:29 PM
yeah they should just go bak to checking their oil levels (ala RX-8)

SSS_Hoon
31st March 2005, 03:27 PM
yeah im dreaming mohawk :lol: i believe u were there?

and peta yeah i have beaten it since then(not normal circumstances though hehehehe)

has anyone joined up and posted this link there yet?

SSS_Hoon

Mrs T
31st March 2005, 03:31 PM
Na i reckon we turn up to one of their meets and offer a race lol see them make excuses then

Oh my back seats still in

I havent got enough petrol lol

Mr T
31st March 2005, 03:33 PM
I'll have to take out my head rests :shock:

hehehehe :mrgreen: :screwy:

SSS_Hoon
31st March 2005, 03:37 PM
i just joined up and in the process of doing it now hehehehe.

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon
31st March 2005, 03:38 PM
that is my problem, i need to tae stuff outta my car to make it go qwiker damm 200kg in the back for noithing

SSS_Hoon

Mrs T
31st March 2005, 03:39 PM
He He He

Damian your a trouble maker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr T
31st March 2005, 03:40 PM
go get'em tiger. :evil:

SSS_Hoon
31st March 2005, 03:44 PM
:lol: i know if i could find the damm thing.

you guys post too fast i cannot keep up with you all, damm 28.8 dial up speeds really suck.

SSS_Hoon

Mrs T
31st March 2005, 03:49 PM
:)

Mrs T
31st March 2005, 03:52 PM
Thats not fair they have shoutbox!!! :cry:

Namus
31st March 2005, 03:56 PM
who do? the mazda ppl?

Mrs T
31st March 2005, 04:28 PM
yeah

Mrs T
31st March 2005, 04:46 PM
Oh well we all know these guys are dreaming.

At least we know whats going on lol

Lets keep their dreams alive. I cant really be bothered logging on and posting anything against what they have. Lets hope we meet again :lol:

Namus
31st March 2005, 07:26 PM
nah don't worry about it; let the cars on the street do the talking :twisted:

ecstasy
31st March 2005, 07:43 PM
hey in the end they drive a bloody ford! :lol:

Mr T
4th April 2005, 10:51 AM
Update, gave them some curry, it gets interesting on page 3

[web:6549d2be73]http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2783&page=1&pp=15[/web:6549d2be73]

InsaneAsylum
4th April 2005, 12:40 PM
hahahahahha :mrgreen: go mz quick!!!

Wattie
4th April 2005, 12:56 PM
they dont seem to understand each other on that site. what a bunch of odd balls. :screwy:
did they use the finger b4 us??
i think i better get my vec down the quarter, for comparative reasons.

Mr T
4th April 2005, 12:59 PM
i think i better get my vec down the quarter, for comparative reasons.

hehe, go you good thing :)

Wattie
4th April 2005, 01:02 PM
i dont put coffee in my cup holders, the coffee pours out the back of the cup when i take off.... ouch ouch burnies!!

InsaneAsylum
4th April 2005, 01:21 PM
vectra cup holders suck, they're more suitable for resting my balls on.

Respiro
4th April 2005, 02:06 PM
Hi Guys,

My Names Andy (respiro) and I'm a owner/member on the ozmazda website! When the thread started about Astra Vs 6 it was a no brainer IMO. I think I was second to post in saying that the Astra Turbo was on a list of cars the would chomp the bejesus out of my SP23! I'd also be confident in saying the same result would apply to the 6!!

A super quick background on me and cars; I drove a fricken 95 charade for 9 years before buying my new car.. so anything new is a blessing for me :)

I think sometimes we just need to remember that it's really not worth abusing people over such trivial things like chunks of metal and a motor. I know who ever it was that had a brain fart in our forum felt frustrated with comments made that the astra was some kind of slug *beeep* wrong!. But I really wanted to come here and voice my opinion that abusing people and calling them dickheads isn't the best way to sort things out..

I didn't read all posts but just wanted to come and voice the fact that 'yes' if we had a run vs your turbo's we would be :screwy: to think we could win.

I'll have a browse around your site and hope to see some nice piccys of your cars. Apart from that lets do what we do best and enjoy ourselves.

Cheers,

Andy.

Anonymous
4th April 2005, 02:08 PM
Apart from that lets do what we do best and enjoy ourselves

no, thats what you mazdabators do :oops: :lol:

jokes buddy, good to see your not taking it very seriously :P

P.S give me a 20b cosmo over an astra turbo any day.

Respiro
4th April 2005, 02:17 PM
If I had the money I would have bi-passed being a mazdabator and moved onto be a happy lotusbator!! :lol: :lol:

Wattie
4th April 2005, 02:30 PM
sorry respiro mate, but some of your buddies are losers. i believe your mates used the finger and stuff at us 1st. we were only defending ourselves, and then to have a dig at a female for no good reason??? :screwy:
complete losers!

Respiro
4th April 2005, 02:40 PM
That's a fair call, If I had read al lthe posts then sure I would have probably worded my thread different. sorry :)

I guess the reason I'm so easy going with everything is because I accepted the fact that the primary function of my car is to get me from A to B safely and in comfortable fashion! If it does have a bit of 'zip' then great.

In relation to some of the members I have to keep reminding allot of them that at the end of the day "we drive mazda's" If you wan't to be king of the streets and humiliate everything of the lights.. go buy a Vanquish, Enzo, or GT Continental etc etc.

It's a shame some people cannot be gracious and simply acknowledge ones performance over there own. It's like when you go-cart!! always some bastard hogging the track and not letting you through because he thinks he's better despite you literally being able to see his arse crack from being that close. :P :mrgreen:

:D BTW.. That purple looking car wit the twin exhaust in someones avatar looks sweet!! Is that a concept car or something?

Cheers,

Andy..

Mrs T
4th April 2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah it is the Holden Torana, it hasnt been given approval to be manufactured as yet but it was at the motor show last year. :D

Respiro
4th April 2005, 02:48 PM
I like the projector beam look on that concept, kinda looks liek the vectra light cluster! Gives you a nice light spread and cut off when driving at night. At the risk of being associated as 'rice' I'm curious to see whether or not any of you use HID's in your cars?

I see a blue turbo on Bay Road in north syd but he's the only one I think I've seen with HID's! Looks very good.

Mr T
4th April 2005, 03:01 PM
Hey welcome along Respiro, where not typically boof heads here so I appoligise for the "brain fart" who ever that was. We're usually nice guys/girls/davide's here :mrgreen:

We drive astra's for the same reason you drive a mazda, just chose Turbo's cause they're the best Astra. but we still get offended when some numbnuts bag our car uninformably.

Have you voted in the Interclub Meet (http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=5944&highlight=) post yet?

p.s. I am Astra_Turbo on the mazda forum

Mrs T
4th April 2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah i dont think many people have HIDs. Is that what you have Aussie?

Respiro
4th April 2005, 03:24 PM
Hey welcome along Respiro, where not typically boof heads here so I appoligise for the "brain fart" who ever that was. We're usually nice guys/girls/davide's here :mrgreen:

We drive astra's for the same reason you drive a mazda, just chose Turbo's cause they're the best Astra. but we still get offended when some numbnuts bag our car uninformably.

Have you voted in the Interclub Meet (http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=5944&highlight=) post yet?

p.s. I am Astra_Turbo on the mazda forum

Why thankyou!!

I wreckon I would beat your turbo's down the quarter mile easily and without effort everytime m8 :P :P

How you ask? Easy, I'll simply have a mate run up and distract you from the passenger side. Whilst he does so, another mate reaches in on the drivers side and run of with your keys...

End result I win.... muuhhaaaa haaa haaaa!!

ultim8DTM5
4th April 2005, 03:32 PM
At least some people know when to remove their rose-tinted glasses :)

Respiro
4th April 2005, 03:35 PM
i never had them on mate :) :D 8)

ultim8DTM5
4th April 2005, 03:38 PM
SP23 is a nice car, although that standard cd player has got to go! Damn non-DIN design :bang:

Mr T
4th April 2005, 03:40 PM
SP23 is a nice car, although that standard cd player has got to go! Damn non-DIN design :bang:

Is it a double DIN design, or some stuppid manufacturers design?

Respiro
4th April 2005, 03:41 PM
I've looked for everyones pics and cannot find them? Do you have a thread setup for pics of your cars? If so.. gimmie,gimmie,gimmie!

Mr T
4th April 2005, 03:44 PM
Album (http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album.php)

Mrs T
4th April 2005, 03:45 PM
Oh i dunno, my husband does that sort of thing lol, :oops:

I cant really be bothered but i know he said we keep ours in photobucket??? If that means anything.

Sorry

ultim8DTM5
4th April 2005, 03:47 PM

Is it a double DIN design, or some stuppid manufacturers design?

Lock in B Eddie, trying to get the aftermarket industry down :roll:

Respiro
4th April 2005, 03:58 PM
I saw http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album_pic.php?pic_id=609 and I like!!!

Also, http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album_pic.php?pic_id=585 is a very nice car!! Is that a members ride? I noticed this car has the HID washer slots and it made me to think.

I don't know which astra's specifically I'm referring too, but I hope you do.

Basically, I have notcied that they have the caps in place for where the HID Washers should be. It silly how they would cap the bumper instead of going ok. lets make HID's an option for the holden aussie market.. So basically you're left with caps that serve no purpose unless you pay the $1600 odd dollars to have the HID kit and washer system installed.

The europeans get the HID's standard along withsurely other good stuff that australia misses out on..

I guess I made it a thing to know all I can about HID's and how the exactly work. Including the legalities involved if you own them.. But if you asked me anything else about cars I can honestly say I'd probably have n.f.i.! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Andy.

Wattie
4th April 2005, 04:44 PM
my lights are just led parking lights, not hid's
hid are commonly found on porsche, bmw, hsv, mercedes etc.

Respiro
4th April 2005, 04:49 PM
they come as an option the U.K spec :(

Wattie
4th April 2005, 04:51 PM
yeah, on the sri's i believe

Namus
4th April 2005, 05:11 PM
apprently the HID;s on astras suck up big on the battery's ????

Mrs T
4th April 2005, 05:34 PM
If anyone wants to keep updated on the mazda thread, it was posted on page 4 and automatically updates

Respiro
4th April 2005, 05:59 PM
apprently the HID;s on astras suck up big on the battery's ????

Actually,

The HID's which stands for High Intensity Discharge don't run of your car battery directly. They use and run off two ballast which are required due to the high discharge required to ingnite the gas inside the globe.

as for that thread in my club forums... mmmm don't we make ourselves look good. NOT!

bigteethygrin
4th April 2005, 05:59 PM
its his gf and his car.. why dont they just race and work it out once and for all

Mrs T
4th April 2005, 06:58 PM
Edited by onenutsmissus post irrelevant

bigteethygrin
4th April 2005, 07:04 PM
[web:1c63ec5654]http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/printthread.php?t=1358[/web:1c63ec5654]

Bahahaha!!! back off peta I'm not talkin about you girl :P

Just referring to the original topic of the post

Mr T
4th April 2005, 08:37 PM
hahaha, thats funny stuff phil, she didn't know who you were :roll:

bigteethygrin
4th April 2005, 08:42 PM
hehehe.. see how quick i jump up to fix your computer next time :mrgreen:

Mrs T
5th April 2005, 09:51 AM

He he im soooo sorry, i didnt know it was you.

Anyways threads gooone :(

Mr T
5th April 2005, 10:59 AM

hehe, by the way that wireless network is wicked...i can surf the net while taking a dump :wink:

Mrs T
5th April 2005, 11:06 AM
Glenn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just shut up

Anonymous
5th April 2005, 11:22 AM

hehe, by the way that wireless network is wicked...i can surf the net while taking a dump :wink:

that's why it was invented wasn't it? :lol:

Anonymous
5th April 2005, 01:25 PM

that's why it was invented wasn't it? :lol:

yes.... so you can "Take a dump" ;)

bigteethygrin
5th April 2005, 10:40 PM
thats the last time i touch the bottom of YOUR laptop hey!

anyways its all good peta.. :D

jch75
9th April 2005, 12:34 PM
Whilst I realise Mazda rx7s have been around forever and day (and r nice cars), I can't help but remember the old 80s 626 heaps of crap that we used to see on the roads. I know cars have come along way since then but it just sticks in my mind. Same as the old Datsun 180...hehehehe........ glad I dont come across them too often anymore. Needless to say, I would never buy a Mazda. RX8 is maybe the only exception.....................if you gave it to me.

Namus
9th April 2005, 01:08 PM
and added a turbo or s/c to it to make up for lack of low-down torque

extralarge
10th April 2005, 09:23 PM
the posts on ozmazda make them seem so up themselves.. just my opinion

i do agree about the astra sri-t's depreciation - was $36990rrp excl ORC etc now you can get one as low as $26k, with an average of $28? ... after 1 year...

i dont see how a mazda6 can beat a sri-t though...

Mr T
11th April 2005, 08:30 AM
Actually they are 2 years old now. They were realised in May 2003

Cars typically depreciate by about 20% PA hence $37K - 20% = $29,600 after 1 year or $23,680 after 2 years. So I dont think that this is excessive, especially when that particular model has been superseeded by the H.

It doen't help when people lie about their purchase price, which has happened on here many of times. :screwy: