PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this car?

Marty
1st March 2004, 11:22 PM
What do you think is wrong with this car?
http://www.gmdaewoo.co.nz/image-viewer/size/4/image/48/R:/Marketing/PR/Media%20Releases/Speedster%20Rear.jpg[img]
Hint: Look at the badges!

Hardware BoB
2nd March 2004, 12:35 AM
GM/Daewoo are selling the speedster in NZ?
wow.. talk about weird

tmov81
2nd March 2004, 07:27 AM
Of all the GM brands you would think that they would pick a better marque to sell the car under than Daewoo which is the shit at the bottom of the barrel... The sold the cally as an opel in NZ why not sell the speedster as an opel or at least a vauxhall or holden...

Degen-Astra
2nd March 2004, 08:33 AM
Lets hope its badged as a Daewoo here...that way it will be cheaper (wishful thinking)!! 8)

And we all know where to find Opel badging. :wink:

Anonymous
2nd March 2004, 04:17 PM
As ya all know Daewoo is General Motors, But Daewoo hold the right to Sell Opel and Vauxhall in Asia.
All Daewoo's are Old/Unsed Opel Technology.

frankie9fingers
2nd March 2004, 05:27 PM
it was more "finanically viable" for GM to buy out daewoo then wait for the company to go bankrupt and never see their money again.

01CDsedan
2nd March 2004, 08:29 PM
It's not all old Opel technology - the Lacetti is almost a cut-price Astra with the same engine and apparently a *better* gearshift. Has a nice interior too. Pity it looks a bit funny around the back, otherwise it'd be a nice car.

NUTTTR
3rd March 2004, 11:01 PM
If it comes to australia in turbo - even as a daewoo, i'll eat my hat, if i don't have a hat on that day, i'll eat my shorts!!!! That is one awesome car, but would 100% spoil it if sold under daewoo without a turbo... let's see!! I want one!

Anonymous
3rd March 2004, 11:05 PM
The Daewoo badge will just totally mcphuk up the car!

M40COO
4th March 2004, 09:53 AM
Thank god it's not gonna be a Daewoo:

"This kind of project shows how exciting our future is going to be,” said Robert Brehaut, GM Daewoo’s New Zealand General Manager. “While there are no plans to bring this vehicle into New Zealand under the Daewoo brand, we’re excited about the innovation and co-operation taking place between General Motors and Daewoo. Consumers in New Zealand will be surprised over the course of the next few years at the difference GM’s two letters have made to our brand.”