PDA

View Full Version : Poles and tight car parks don't mix...

Mitch
28th March 2005, 08:52 PM
Poles and tight car parks don't mix...

...as you can see here. :oops:

http://i139.exs.cx/img139/5696/dsc006066gz.jpg

Note: Check your mirrors when reversing!!

ultim8DTM5
28th March 2005, 08:59 PM
Oooft and you managed to clear the mirror?

YuSuF
28th March 2005, 09:01 PM
Now its just eeeeeiiiipe.

Unlucky dude :cry:

Mitch
28th March 2005, 09:02 PM
Oooft and you managed to clear the mirror?

Oh took out the mirror too, just taped it back up so it's still usable. Good time to upgrade to M3 mirrors. :lol:

http://img229.exs.cx/img229/5149/dsc006052ns.jpg

low astra
28th March 2005, 09:57 PM
ohh thats not nice is it

Kwijy
28th March 2005, 11:04 PM
Dang.. Bad luck man. *Crosses fingers for a cheap repair!*

Mitch
28th March 2005, 11:24 PM
*Crosses fingers for a cheap repair!*

The smash repairers said a few thousand dollars, luckily it's only costing me $500 for insurance excess. The front guard needs fixing, also the door which isn't sitting right, the hinges have been bent and also the mirror needs replacing.

This is all getting done with the other damage from the woman reversing into me. Plus I am going to pay extra to get all the little dents and scratches fixed aswell. I might even get the door handles, impact strips and side skirts colour-coded aswell depending on the cost.

TRN-00N
29th March 2005, 08:20 AM
i did the same fing but at the bak of my car lukely i hit the guard of the wheel so it only scratched didnt dent....
poor bugger... :bang: :screwy:

GOZOFF
29th March 2005, 10:41 AM
Damm.. hope its back on the road soon for you better than ever http://www.spacespider.net/emo/whacky043.gif

imay
29th March 2005, 10:45 AM
Bad luck mate! Feel for ya.
Weren't you thinking of getting rid of/upgrading the Astra soon, too?
If you are planning on keeping it, now is the time to color-code as you suggested. Get the original mirror replaced under insurance. Save the mirror money (M3 style) and put it towards some nice rims.
Hope it all works out well for you.

~Kupu~
29th March 2005, 10:49 AM
bummer :(

Nem
29th March 2005, 10:49 AM
I'd rather park next to a pole in a tight car park than another car. At least I know that Im responsible if I hit the pole. I hate it when people do damage to my car with a door or otherwise and "forget" to leave their details.

Ben

Anonymous
29th March 2005, 11:16 AM
ouch.

whats the bill looking like?

Looks like the time a car missed a stop light and hammered my front guard.

Expect to have a lot of plastic pieces underneath replaced.

Thank god you didn't mess up your side skirt.... they're pretty damn expensive.

R.e the mirror, check out the wreckers.

GL mate.

Mitch
29th March 2005, 11:16 AM
Bad luck mate! Feel for ya.
Weren't you thinking of getting rid of/upgrading the Astra soon, too?
If you are planning on keeping it, now is the time to color-code as you suggested. Get the original mirror replaced under insurance. Save the mirror money (M3 style) and put it towards some nice rims.
Hope it all works out well for you.

Yeah I was planning that but due to work changes I have now have a 35 minute drive to work every day and then back which has made me keep it as it's cheap to run. I have some plans for it, and when it's back on the road it will be looking different.

Namus
29th March 2005, 04:54 PM
about six months into owning my astra i had the exact same accident with a pole as well in a shopping centre car park; the damage was further down on the 3/4 panel....

funny thing about tight car park spots now like that; i find it easier (a lot easier) to reverse park into them; don't know why; don't do it all the time, but when i can i do...

Mitch
29th March 2005, 05:00 PM
funny thing about tight car park spots now like that; i find it easier (a lot easier) to reverse park into them; don't know why; don't do it all the time, but when i can i do...

The place where I used to start work from had reverse parking only and now where i'm working you don't have to reverse park. I just happened to park straight in that day and when reversing forgot about my mirror. It's unfortunate that it happened, but we learn from our mistakes. I will make sure all of my mirrors are adjusted correctly from now on.

Expect to have a lot of plastic pieces underneath replaced.
Thank god you didn't mess up your side skirt.... they're pretty damn expensive.
R.e the mirror, check out the wreckers.

It's all getting fixed under insurance, so no need to go to the wreckers to find a mirror or any other parts and it wouldn't of made much difference if the side skirt was damaged or not.

woody
29th March 2005, 05:19 PM
ooh thats nasty - my wife reversed into one of those big silver skip type bins at work and ruined the back of her SB Barina ... so we sold it and got an XC (also an equipe, also in black!) then she reversed into an Audi... :roll:

and she wonders why i don't let her drive the Astra :shock:

EAK33Y
29th March 2005, 07:07 PM
Look slikem youll be coming with me to the cruise hey Mitch

And Bad Luck dude

Mitch
29th March 2005, 07:17 PM
It looks like it Chad, i'll see how things go, it may be fixed in time. Just as long as i'm on the cruise i'll be happy!! :)