PDA

View Full Version : Moron Drivers

Groover
28th March 2005, 05:00 PM
I watched in horror from the top floor of our office building while the wife of one of my work colleagues reversed out of the car park and into my Astra T parked across the road. God damn it! Some people must get their licenses out of a corn flakes packet! $2,100 worth of damage and two weeks off the road. It will never by the same. I reckon if a car has to go to a panel shop for some serious re-adjustment then it is fu#ked!

While it is there I'm gett'n those stupid caron fibre 'look-a-like' stickers removed and the B pillers painted black so I don't have to worry about that crap anymore.

Can anyone recommend some good replacement springs? I wan't to lower it but only about 25-30 mm as I don't have the luxury of big city streets so can't be too radical. Also need some suggetsions on wheels. I have spent a lot of time trying to find a set of 18x8 alloys that I like but the 5x110 stud pattern narrows down the field a bit. Don't like chrome but prefer high polish.

http://grove.iinet.net.au/brad/photos/Astra/AstraDoorSmashed1_450x600.jpg
http://grove.iinet.net.au/brad/photos/Astra/AstraDoorSmashed2_450x600.jpg
http://grove.iinet.net.au/brad/photos/Astra/AstraDoorSmashed3_450x600.jpg
http://grove.iinet.net.au/brad/photos/Astra/AstraDoorSmashed4_450x600.jpg

:bang: :x

180HOA
28th March 2005, 05:08 PM
QLD drivers - what can I say? :bang:

Namus
28th March 2005, 05:55 PM
"JEBUS!" as Homer Simpson would say...how in god's name can u be reversing in a car park and cause that sorta damage? I thought'd be just some paintwork....that's a fair decent whack; a couple of months back when i got shunted from behind on the motorway (the guy was still goin at least 50km/h when he hit me) the damage was nowhere near that bad as on yours mate.......shite sorry to see....see the Turbo section of the forum for stuff on springs; I know there was a long discussion thread on it....sorry bout ur car again; watchin it from the top floor must'a been like goin down in a plane; u know it's gonna happen, but there ain't jack u can do about it....hope u gave her a serve; i know i would've :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ultim8DTM5
28th March 2005, 06:30 PM
Amazing how people don't look behind them when they reverse

ecstasy
28th March 2005, 08:36 PM
shame about ur car mate, just think it could be worst (that normally makes things feel a lil better) doors are the best bit to replace in a crash as opposed as rear quarter panel. That's an easy fix mate, she'll be sweet in no time. As for QLD drivers well they suck but not as much as the NSW ones, Sydney is packed with morrons and now they are coming to QLD :roll:

Mitch
28th March 2005, 08:46 PM
I have spent a lot of time trying to find a set of 18x8 alloys that I like but the 5x110 stud pattern narrows down the field a bit. Don't like chrome but prefer high polish.

Konig Unknowns
http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/images/mag/mag_101_163_md.jpg

ecstasy
28th March 2005, 08:47 PM
mitch don't tell me that u got Alba bank :(

ecstasy
28th March 2005, 08:48 PM
as for the Koning they don't have them for the 5 by 110 pattern :roll: been looking for them

low astra
28th March 2005, 10:03 PM
i strongly recomend kmac springs they have a very nice feel there not all stiff and rough like kings

Mitch
28th March 2005, 10:11 PM
mitch don't tell me that u got Alba bank :(

No that's not my car in my avatar hehe, but I was lookin at them. I think they only come in 7.5" wide and I want 7" wide anyway.

RK
28th March 2005, 10:13 PM
as for the Koning they don't have them for the 5 by 110 pattern :roll: been looking for them

They can order it in for you.. will prolly just take a few weeks to get here.

auzvectra
28th March 2005, 10:25 PM
had to get the rims for my veccy redrilled and the offset shaved, when i ordered them.

auzvectra
28th March 2005, 10:31 PM
better pic of the rims

GOZOFF
29th March 2005, 10:50 AM
Damm shame about your Astra but it be as good as new soon if its not already. :wink: Lenso make wheels of that size and off set/stud pattern I have Lenso C5 18" check there site out ----->http://www.bigotyres.com.au/lenso.htm

OPC
29th March 2005, 11:07 AM
damn :shock: thats a damn big ding :cry:

i know what ya mean bout the carbon stickers :screwy:

hope ya car gets fixed soon...

auzvectra
29th March 2005, 12:23 PM
oh yeah, could b worse. it could look more like mine!!!

auzvectra
29th March 2005, 12:35 PM
oops didnt del the rego, guess it dont matter now, wit the car bein rit off n all.

Greg K
29th March 2005, 02:00 PM
shit thats bad auzvectra!!
hope you are alright!
can anything be recovered from the car?

MiksOpel
30th March 2005, 12:19 AM
Did the lady pretend like nothing happened, and not leave a "note"??

OPCVXR
31st March 2005, 04:45 PM
Sorry to hear about ur car mate. I would be fuming! I hope the person that hits my car can run real fast if that ever happens to me! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Namus
31st March 2005, 07:25 PM
if it were a stupid thing like that; yeah i definately 2nd that :evil: :evil:

OPCVXR
1st April 2005, 08:47 AM
Tear em a new a s s hole!

Groover
6th May 2005, 07:09 AM
Astra Turbo Gone ---> Hello Nissan 350Z

Pick up my brand new 35th aniversary Nissan 350Z on Saturday (6th May). Really sad to lose the Astra T as it was a great car. Hate the look of the new Astras so have jumped back into a Jap machine... pitty it is not a turbo though.

I just hope I can keep it safe and sound from morons. 8)

Namus
6th May 2005, 08:03 AM
doesn't matter wat the car is mate; if a moron is going to hit it.....

nice car tho; did they only come in that yellow? they've cleaned up the rear a lil bit with the 35th anniversary ones....starting to grow on me 8)

Mr Cali
6th May 2005, 12:31 PM
Sorry to see ur car smashed up, but $2500 to replace a door skin and paint wow!!!!!! Thats highway robbery

oneightoo
6th May 2005, 12:48 PM
for that damage thats quote has got to be wrong.. i got a quote for when mine got done from blue print smash repairs in minto for that amount.. and mine was hit from the front wheel arch all the way down the side to the rear wheel arch.. 3 panels had to be redone.. your is just a door.. i reckon you should look elsewhere..

JohnBu
6th May 2005, 01:38 PM
doesn't matter what it cost.. i'm assuming its a insurance job

Namus
6th May 2005, 03:13 PM
doesn't matter what it cost.. i'm assuming its a insurance job

yeah that's what i thought

Groover
8th May 2005, 09:20 PM
For those who are interested, here are a couple of photos I took after its first wash.

http://grove.iinet.net.au/brad/photos/350Z

(forgot to hide the rego.... Oh well... who cares... got new plates coming anyway.)

Having owned a fairly quick Astra I can tell you that the Z isn't quite as torquey down low put when she hits 5500 - 7000 its pretty good. Very solid clutch and transmission and handles a bit better that the AstraT. Very sad to see it go though.

I was able to get one of only about 50 Yellow 35th Anniversary Zs in the country so hope that will be good for re-sale.