PDA

View Full Version : what happened to my tyre?

Anonymous
27th March 2005, 02:34 PM
noticed this today on the inside of the front drivers side tyre.

my car does scrub but this isnt from scrubbing is it?, it looks to weird... this is the only tyre that has it

anybody know how i managed to do it?

http://www.users.on.net/~samvac/tyre.JPG

auzvectra
27th March 2005, 02:45 PM
could be a fault in the tyre, if it had happend to all the tyres i would say uv been off road, but as it this 1 only maybe uv parved on some petrol or other solution that has caused the tyre to break down, just a guess but not really sure.

YuSuF
27th March 2005, 02:55 PM
Looks like some sort of liquid has been on it for while.

RK
27th March 2005, 03:00 PM
You parked on a puddle of acid?

Namus
27th March 2005, 03:29 PM
yeah obviously something (more than likely a liquid) has corroded the rubber; would say that u parked in it judging from the fact that it only appears to have affected that part of the inside of the tyre.....

EAK33Y
27th March 2005, 05:53 PM
Probly that bloody foz getting you back for nilly hitting him :lol:

Wattie
27th March 2005, 07:52 PM
i would say at 1st glance that you've locked up that wheel, but with abs its kinda hard hey, maybe the liquid is a better answer.

blackSRi
27th March 2005, 11:34 PM
Looks like soft rubber tyre compound "chunking".
I have seen similar on the racing tyres (grooved slicks for wet weather) on my host father's GTR in Japan. Extended travelling on normal roads with racing tyres causes uneven heating and they crack or bits fall off. On a cheap set of tyres it can be just a bad batch of rubber.
Could also be wheel alignment or camber issues (uneven wear and then heating).
What brand/how much? Tyre at right pressure? last wheel balance/alignment?, stock rims or other?

Anonymous
28th March 2005, 07:02 AM
All Goodyear GDS2 215/45 rubber, i pumped them up not all that long ago, wheels were balanced and aligned when the rubber was put on - end of last year, ROH Adrenalin rims

Anonymous
28th March 2005, 11:34 AM
looks like the result of driving hard on tyres that haven't been warmed up.

thats what the rear tyres on my commdore looked like after a stint at old boys corner near my old school years back. :lol:

Anonymous
28th March 2005, 11:37 AM
but on one single patch on one tyre don?

Anonymous
28th March 2005, 11:46 AM
it was u mutant newcastle dog with rubber eating wee wee,s problem sloved :mrgreen:

freaktown
28th March 2005, 12:15 PM
Ah the good old "Old Boys" corner....

"Oh my god what is that Fog? A House Burning Down? Sweet Jesus!

No......... Its Old Boys"

Wattie
28th March 2005, 01:21 PM
if you didnt have abs, i'd say its the result of a lockup on course chip bitumin, being only on a single part of the tire.

Anonymous
28th March 2005, 02:23 PM
if you didnt have abs, i'd say its the result of a lockup on course chip bitumin, being only on a single part of the tire.

oooh me likes the sound of that one, i did lock up and hit a concrete barrier 2 weeks ago, but it wasnt a big lock up, and the road was wet :?

Wattie
28th March 2005, 02:31 PM
hmmm, kinda hard to forget that isnt it?? haha :screwy:

Anonymous
28th March 2005, 02:33 PM
i just thought that a) the tyre would be able to handle a small lock up like that better and b) ithe tyre would have slashed kinda marks from a lock up :oops:

Wattie
28th March 2005, 03:12 PM
yeah rocks and crap on the road could do that, especially on the rough bitumin.

Anonymous
28th March 2005, 03:16 PM

hahahaha

*mr burns and hollis sprinting across the oval, LOL LOL LOL

still remember when the knob in your year smoked up his toyota corona.... and got BUSTED!!! hahahaha

lee683
28th March 2005, 06:35 PM
is the tire directional??? is it the right way???

freaktown
31st March 2005, 10:35 PM

hahahaha

*mr burns and hollis sprinting across the oval, LOL LOL LOL

still remember when the knob in your year smoked up his toyota corona.... and got BUSTED!!! hahahaha

yea that polish fu cker.. The guy that fingered him as the driver, got his tyres slashed by the polish dude for his troubles.

Then we fixed the polish guys other car.

ahahahHAHHAhAhhAHHAHhAH 111 w11nnnarrrr

Fixed it with sugar :)

16vopl
31st March 2005, 11:26 PM
to my knowledge sugar does nothin to cars. fuel filters wernt put in cars yesterday :roll:

Anonymous
1st April 2005, 12:08 AM
im pretty sure this guys corona ran on banana peels dipped in metho...

hehehe, freaky, can't believe you remember that day..... absolute gold....

you should've seen it

I had mr hollis for extension 1 english... i remember clearly, he was reading "the heart of darkness" when that guy started smoking them, he looked out the window in the dynes building, literally, dropped the book, and ran out the class....

we were in hysterics for an hour.... and someone stole his beloved cake :twisted: (remember geoff campbell???) LMFAO

freaktown
1st April 2005, 09:02 AM
I never actually did anything to that guys car it was a joke ;)

I actually hated the guy whos tyres got slashed more than the polish dude who ripped it up!

I was there when he did it, about to drive home!

I remember hollis running across the field to us, but i dont remember mr burns aswell!

Mind you i was pissing myself so much.