PDA

View Full Version : Holden becomes Opel

stake
25th March 2005, 10:42 PM
Fitted my new grill and rear badge today. Finally starting to look like it was meant to.

Here's some pics of it.

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~stake/images/AH%20Opel.JPG

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~stake/images/AH%20Opel_1.JPG

Bernard Siong
25th March 2005, 10:58 PM
looks classy in the silver colour
nice work dude

Anonymous
25th March 2005, 11:36 PM
that chrome grill goews so nice with silver :D i know it really is the best colour :D:D:D

ecstasy
25th March 2005, 11:43 PM
very nice indeed as for best colour :screwy: as someone said before: once u go black u never go back :lol:

BassyAstra
26th March 2005, 12:13 AM
Once you go black you will wash your car every week :(
If i get a 3 door i might get the new european darker silver that the new Audi A3/Golf comes in.
Glad i could help with the install mr Stake.
Loookkkkinnnnggg HOTTTTT!!!!!!!
Also you considering colour coding?

TRN-00N
26th March 2005, 11:00 AM
go the silver...
easy to clean always looks classy its a honour to have..
i will always buy silver cars specially the metallic silveralways shines even if its really dirty :mrgreen:

mr_astra_retired
26th March 2005, 11:21 AM
Ah , that looks good !! Definately an improvement on holden badging .

Looks hot :)

stake
26th March 2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks guys,

Next step will be wheel centres and maybe engine cover. I don't feel comfortable with glueing a badge on the steering wheel (airbag and all) I have made some enquiries about replacing the whole airbag with an Opel one but it's mighty expensive. just have to live with the lion I think.

Thanks Adam for the info about fitting the badges. I just sawed it off with dental floss and then peeled off the black tape. Quick clean with some metho and a little polish, fitted the new badge and presto!

The only downside of the chrome grill with the silver car is that you can see the reflection of the bonnet weld points in the grill when looking at the front of the car (which are underneath the lip). It's only a minor annoyance though. I might even paint it black at some point.

I haven't considered colour coding. I like the contrast of the silver with the black.

And I agree..... Silver is the best colour! :D

Vampire
26th March 2005, 02:59 PM
Very nice

wishbone
26th March 2005, 03:21 PM
definately looks better mate! good on ya!
well atleast, the wheel caps will be done.. my steering wheel hasn't been done either.. i don't want to meess around with it.. maybe one day when im bored

NXA-16H
26th March 2005, 09:21 PM
"Schmik" is all that needs to be said.

Good Job Boss.

NXA-16H

OPCVXR
1st April 2005, 02:32 PM
Very nice. I got just the flash for my H but when I removed the lion there are more holes in it so the opel flash does not cover it. Mine is black like Bassy's and I did'nt want the chrome grille because I thought it would look too bling bling! Thanks for mentioning the weld spots because I dont think I could handle it. Slim is trying to find the black backing between the grille and badge for me and I hope he does because I dont think I want the chrome grille.

But it does look very nice on Silver! :)

OPCVXR
1st April 2005, 02:33 PM
100 posts! Happy b'day to me! :P

stake
1st April 2005, 03:52 PM
Hey Pitch,

I don't think the chrome grill looks too bling on the black car, it would just match the rear chrome bit. I don't reckon you would see the weld spots with the black car. It shows up on the silver because they are recessed and so appear darker.

If you wanted to check you could go to a dealer and look at a CDXi in a few colours to see what I mean (they have the chrome grill standard)

I notice on your car profile that you have Pedders springs. How much lower are they. Does it ride OK. What did they set you back.

Namus
1st April 2005, 03:53 PM
nice; every1 has silver tho *zzzzzzzzz* :roll:

stake
3rd April 2005, 10:03 PM
Hey Pitch,

About those weld points. I went to a dealer today and checked out a CDXi. They have 2 rubber strips that fit on the bonnet lip which hide the weld points. Problem solved.

I'll be off to the parts dept to pick some up. So if you want to go the chrome there won't be a problem. :D

Slimcraigie
19th April 2005, 07:07 AM
O.M.G that looks like you drove it out the showroom in Germany, another satisfied customer (I hope) thanks for the purchase my friend :D

li21
15th July 2005, 08:16 AM
Fitted my new grill and rear badge today. Finally starting to look like it was meant to.

Here's some pics of it.

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~stake/images/AH%20Opel.JPG

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~stake/images/AH%20Opel_1.JPG

Hey loooks great!

It the purchae of the Grille necessary if I just want the Front Badge?
What if the color of my car is Papryus Gold... will the grille still match?

stake
15th July 2005, 08:45 AM
Hi,
Depending on what model you have your grill will be either body coloured or chrome (CDXi is chrome).

You need this bit as well as the badge as the original Holden grill does not have the same shape to fit the Opel badge. You don't need to replace the whole grill just this cover piece.

If you get the chrome grill cover it will still match as all CDXi's have chrome grills anyway.
Also if you do get a chrome grill and your car is not a CDXi you will need 2 rubber strips to fit to the bonnet to prevent an ugly reflection of the bonnet welds in the chrome grill. :D

JasonGilholme
15th July 2005, 08:46 AM
looks sweet bro. Go the silver!!

li21
15th July 2005, 08:54 AM
Hi,
Depending on what model you have your grill will be either body coloured or chrome (CDXi is chrome).

You need this bit as well as the badge as the original Holden grill does not have the same shape to fit the Opel badge. You don't need to replace the whole grill just this cover piece.

If you get the chrome grill cover it will still match as all CDXi's have chrome grills anyway.
Also if you do get a chrome grill and your car is not a CDXi you will need 2 rubber strips to fit to the bonnet to prevent an ugly reflection of the bonnet welds in the chrome grill. :D

Ahh.. I wouldnt mind a chrome grille on my CD...

sto the rubber strips are just to hide the bonnet welds from showing in the relfection?

btm
15th July 2005, 09:03 AM
yes indeed - go the silver! :mrgreen:

sri guy
15th July 2005, 09:05 AM
this black on silver turf wars have gotts to stop maaaaan!! increase the peace
brothers. 2002 sri BLACK POWER BOOYA!!!!!!!!!!

Red AH SRI T
15th July 2005, 10:17 AM
I have a CDX and put the chrome Opel grille on mine, it looks shmick!

beep beep sri
15th July 2005, 04:47 PM
i swear ive seen this car before are you from melbourne?

Gildo
15th July 2005, 05:56 PM
well the number plate says NSW....soooo hrmmmmm

RapidSRi
15th July 2005, 06:48 PM
super sweet, what a transformation!!