PDA

View Full Version : Astra Audio

wileycc
1st March 2004, 02:45 PM
Hi everybody!

I have a 2000 Astra CD with the Blaupunkt CD player with the in-steering wheel controls.

Im looking to upgrade my audio to have MP3 player capabilities but dont want to lose the steering control mechanism.

An audio dealer I spoke to suggested all I needed was a Blaupunkt bit? that attached to the new CD players 'remote output' for about $169.00 and that would then allow me to buy any unit i wanted provided it had a remote output.

Has anyone gone down this path before and is the above correct? Any model assistance (to about $400) would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Aus-SRi
1st March 2004, 03:02 PM
thats exactly right wiley... u basically have to buy an adaptor... i have a Blaupunkt MP72 and in order to get the steering wheel remote controls working i need to get an adaptor.. i have been told the price is around the $169-$199 mark.. but there is a plce in the UK and they quoted me $100aus and that included shipping to here

wileycc
1st March 2004, 04:54 PM
Aus-SRi

Can you see fit to forward me those UK details?

Cheers

rjastra
1st March 2004, 09:56 PM
go to www.blaupunkt.com.au

There is a car configurator that will tell you what you need (look under Opel)

You could try one of these...

http://www.blaupunkt.com.au/7607700025_main.asp

Aus-SRi
1st March 2004, 10:17 PM
This is the response i got from bluespot.co.uk

Gianni,

Thanks for your mail.

Provided your Vauxhall is one of the models listed on our webpage, you will only need the (b) remote control and display adaptor
http://www.bluespot.co.uk/install/vauxhall.asp#display
priced at £49.99.

Regards.......David Naylor
[email protected]

followed by

The price of shipping this adaptor to Australia will be the ex-VAT price of 42.54 plus 8.00 postage = 50.84 pounds sterling.

Prices might have changed since then but not by much i wouldnt think.. if anything maybe cheaper due to our dollar being worth more... anyways hope this helps