PDA

View Full Version : cant picture a holden badge on this baby !

no1joey
17th March 2005, 11:44 PM
:)

RudeOne
18th March 2005, 12:44 AM
im sure we wont even get it here

ultim8DTM5
18th March 2005, 12:49 AM
I don't think thats the new one?

BassyAstra
18th March 2005, 01:08 AM
Even if we did it would cost too much.
Hot mufflers, rear lights, wheels, antenna, side mirrors, badge, fuel cap and gravel.

Namus
18th March 2005, 08:46 AM
what is that? the new version of the VX220?

rjastra
18th March 2005, 09:01 AM
Didn't they hvae a Daewoo badged version in Asia

macquered
18th March 2005, 12:37 PM
They had a Holden badged VX220 at the Sydney Motor Show a few years back.

Degen-Astra
18th March 2005, 01:12 PM
Its the Opel Speedster. What the Vauxy VX220 is derived from.

GOZOFF
18th March 2005, 01:50 PM
cant picture a holden badge on this baby !

And you wont, Holden said a while back that they had no intention of bring them in. HSV had some interest in it, but that fell threw :roll:

Namus
18th March 2005, 04:12 PM
ha wat else is new? :roll:

Jackson
18th March 2005, 06:21 PM
the reason they are not bringing them in??

Apparently some big wig at hoden took one for a spin and almost got crushed by a truck, the driver told him that he couldn't see the car and for that reason they didn't bring them in.

silly really look at an MR2 spyder or even an Mx5, about the same size, think the vx220 sits a little lower or something !

i woould buy one :twisted:

lee683
18th March 2005, 08:51 PM
it has the same chassis as the lotus elise.
its built by them

rjastra
19th March 2005, 03:58 PM
A more obvious reason would be price.... would you buy one if it cost $70K or thereabouts?

The small roadster market is dying in Australia. You only have to look at the declining sales of MX5, MR2 and MGF.

OPC
19th March 2005, 04:36 PM
cant picture a holden badge on this baby !

And you wont, Holden said a while back that they had no intention of bring them in. HSV had some interest in it, but that fell threw :roll:

just like the rumors of an opc astra in HSV hands :(

auzvectra
19th March 2005, 05:41 PM
how bout lambo, ferrari, gt40- all these are low as 40" and less roof height.
i would be interested, but saw a price a while ago, would be more like 120K i think!

auzvectra
19th March 2005, 05:42 PM
This unique mid-engine roadster is powered by a 147kW 2-litre ECOTEC turbo engine which
produces a maximum torque of 250Nm from only 1 950rpm. Combined with a low weight of 930kg,
this enables the Speedster Turbo to perform at supercar level. It accelerates from zero to
100 in just 4.9 seconds. The Speedster Turbo sprints from 80 to 120 km/h in 6.7 seconds in
fifth gear and in fourth gear in only 5.1 seconds. It has a top speed of more than 240km/h.
Apparently this open two-seater, with its stable aluminum chassis and reinforced fiberglass
body, feels most at home on winding roads where it can take full advantage of its agile
handling. Opel engineers have specially tuned the Speedster's proven motor sport suspension
to match with the turbo version (power/weight ratio: 4.7 kg/hp). Aerodynamic characteristics
have been optimized with front and rear spoilers. Modified side ducts supply with additional
air. Special 17-inch alloy wheels, a modified front grill and a new interior underscore the
Speedster Turbo's performance qualities. Like the Opel Speedster with a 2.2 ECOTEC engine
(108 kW), the new 200 hp-Turbo is manufactured by Lotus Cars in Hethel, England.

auzvectra
19th March 2005, 05:47 PM
i like this pic beta, shows it from a more aggressive angle

rjastra
19th March 2005, 10:23 PM
would be interested, but saw a price a while ago, would be more like 120K i think!

Why? it's cheaper in theUK than an Elise....

Siggi
20th March 2005, 09:58 AM
Why do you need the speedster?
Okay, the car is great - but it's a fun car which has no features except light weight and a few horse powers ;) It is too expensive for that (37.000 EUR basic price) and I don't believe that people who have that money want to drive an Opel...

BTW: For my opinion, Holden has many great cars we'll never see here in Germany. The Monaro, for example! So don't be sad that the Speedster isn't available in Australia!

NXA-16H
23rd March 2005, 03:21 PM
Why do you need the speedster?
Okay, the car is great - but it's a fun car which has no features except light weight and a few horse powers ;) It is too expensive for that (37.000 EUR basic price) and I don't believe that people who have that money want to drive an Opel...

BTW: For my opinion, Holden has many great cars we'll never see here in Germany. The Monaro, for example! So don't be sad that the Speedster isn't available in Australia!

Hey Siggi, If you want a Monaro, (as if you don't know already) take a trip up to Luton and Buy one from Vauxhall.

But there again, why would you?

Unless you had SERIOUS money to blow on 100+RON PULP, the Monaro's Fuel Consumption would simply be unviable in Europe. You know that.

Gimme a Vespa instead! :P

Der David.
NXA-16H

Siggi
23rd March 2005, 05:44 PM
:lol:

Okay, David. That's a good reason why the Monaro isn't available here.
Unleaded Fuel costs 1,13 Euro/Litre at the moment...

Btw: 1860 for Bundesliga!!

rjastra
24th March 2005, 10:32 AM
Unless you had SERIOUS money to blow on 100+RON PULP, the Monaro's Fuel Consumption would simply be unviable in Europe. You know that.

That must be why they sell as many as we can send them :roll:
People who buy these cars don't give a rats about fuel consumption and price.

Ohh, it doesn't require 100RON fuel anyway... Just same old unleaded they run Astras on in Europe :idea:

BassyAstra
24th March 2005, 04:33 PM
i like this pic beta, shows it from a more aggressive angle

I see hands on the wheel but nobody attached to them.