PDA

View Full Version : Armidale Carshow

Ogmosis
1st March 2004, 11:04 AM
Just thought you may be interested to know, Armidale Carshow was on this weekend just gone and my little Astra took out the following trophies;

* Top Custom Paint
* Top Airbrushing
* Top Eurotech Car
and the big one
* Top Four Cylinder

There's also a photo and article in the Northern Daily Leader if any of you are around the New England Region. I only have 1 picture from the show at the moment, got a heap more high quality ones on another digital that I'll post links to later.

http://www.marriottsmash.com.au/Myztik/Images/Myztik.jpg

:)

painter
1st March 2004, 11:39 AM
hey man wasn't this the car from a thread a few weeks ago,the one sum ppl pulled the piss out of,that is sweet,i can c why u got those trophies.
better looking car then some of the ones i have seen in this forum.
some of the guys get a TURBO and a BOV and think they have a show car
what a joke..

oh dont take it personal guys its just my opinion...lol

TheGuest
1st March 2004, 01:55 PM
LOL Funny how u guys both registered on the same day... isnt it..

Kudos to u Ogmosis/painter for winning those awards...

But the opinion of those in this forum will probably not change...

ie. they will still think your car looks damn ugly

I myself prefer a sleek looking automobile with mods that complement and accentuate the cars design. Though the airbrushing on your car looks a pretty fkn top job... it does look like a baby spewed all over it

oh and dont take it personal Ogmosis/painter... its just my opinion
:D

Ogmosis
1st March 2004, 01:59 PM
Actually, get your mods to check the IP's that both users are posting from / registered under. Afaik on these boards you can also check IP's that users have ever logged in under (I think).

My work IP (not that it will do anyone any good) is 218.214.2.196 and is fixed. I use iPrimus from home, but it's not fixed so it could be any number from their range.

I remember painter posted in that last 'thread' but it's not me. Not that anything I say will make any difference to you.

TheGuest
1st March 2004, 02:01 PM
yeah your right... nothing u say does make a difference :)

Ogmosis
1st March 2004, 02:05 PM
Look, if your going to try and turn this into a flame thread don't bother. I posted pics of my Astra on an Astra forum, and have been nothing but nice about it.

If you want to throw pointless accusations around, then atleast back it up with some proof - check with your mods He not me, and I am not him.

If you want to continue it, take it up with me via PM or email. For some reason you obviously have a personal problem with me, I've just posted a pic of my car at a carshow for others to see - there's no malice involved, don't turn the thread into something it's not.

01CDsedan
1st March 2004, 02:09 PM
I've gotta say that I like it. You guys would probably know that I'm not a big fan of wild riceboy bodykits, but I think the kit on this particular car looks decent and the paintwork is excellent. Ok, I'm not too keen on the wheels, but then, I don't like to see any chrome anywhere on a car, so that explains that one :)

I like it. And congrats to the owner.

TheGuest
1st March 2004, 02:17 PM
LOL

I was just pointing out some coincidences...

No need to get your knickers in a knot.

I think its great that your sharing your set of wheels with us and that your attitude has improved since your last post.

Welcome aboard Ogmosis :D

painter
1st March 2004, 02:26 PM
we arnt the same guy

Aus-SRi
1st March 2004, 03:11 PM
As has been said further up in the thread.. even though u won the awards.. doesnt mean people gonna change their mind as to weather they like it or not.... We're not denying the fact that the "quality" of the paint-job etc etc is good.coz to me it does look sensational.. (its more the content of whats on the car that i dont like) everyone doesnt have the same tastes..

Neways congrats on the awards, just dont expect everyone to like what you do to your car. if i painted my car pink with black poka-dots and people say to me they dont like it.. what does it matter.. as long as im happy thats the main thing. dont worry frankie i know its ur dream color scheme for ur Corsa haha

Neways keep up the good work and keep polishin those tropheys :)

painter
1st March 2004, 03:29 PM
. if i painted my car pink with black poka-dots and people say to me they dont like it

if i offered to paint your car that colour Aus-SRi would you let me do it.LOL
now that colour scheme would turn sum heads..

Aus-SRi
1st March 2004, 03:30 PM
yeh inlcuding my head when people bash the shit through me lol

painter
1st March 2004, 03:31 PM
yeh inlcuding my head when people bash the shit through me lol

nah u be right,they have to catch u first... :D

Ogmosis
1st March 2004, 03:32 PM
I'm not posting here to try to change anyone's opinion, I just thought I'd drop a quick pic in and let you know how it went because it was mentioned in that last thread that was removed.

No flames, no insults, no nothing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I can respect that.

:)

Anonymous
1st March 2004, 03:37 PM
Well Done on the Hard Work :D
In that shit canning thread,I only said I didn't like the Rims because they make the Car look cheap.
Well Done again.

Dregger
1st March 2004, 04:40 PM
FInally an astra wins some awards at shows....i'm sick of seeing the same jap crap cars at the autosalon year after year.

Degen-Astra
1st March 2004, 06:09 PM
You done any engine mods since the inception of your other website?

Gianni - I think you should get the polka dotted car!! :wink:

imad4u
1st March 2004, 06:48 PM
Well Done on the Hard Work :D
In that shit canning thread,I only said I didn't like the Rims because they make the Car look cheap.
Well Done again.

i must agree with ya on the wheels... the car looks good.... something different for everyone to see and comment on at show... great to see this happening... as im sick of seeing honda's and toyota's at show's

http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

Degen-Astra
1st March 2004, 08:50 PM
I have actually always liked the front bumper on that car. The way those foggies sit as well.
Is that a custom bumper or a pre-made? As i have seen very similar ones.

Anonymous
1st March 2004, 09:26 PM
its HBD isnt it

shaohaok
1st March 2004, 10:09 PM
it definitely isn't a HBD kit. i think its either an SSV one or a Talon one.

as for your car Ogmosis, i think as a work of art and a showcar, its brilliant! but i wouldn't want my everyday car to look like that. also i think maybe a new set of headlights, perhaps the hella projection ones (someone find me a pic, please), would add a finishing touch to it.

in the meantime, i'm sure u have more plans for it, KEEP IT AWAY FROM BIRD POO.

Ogmosis
2nd March 2004, 09:12 AM
Been looking for a new set of headlights for quite some time now, if anyone has any links/contacts/pictures of good replacement ones - please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for the feedback too, it is a showcar and very rarely gets driven around town (I have a bombed up VL for my work/run around car). Interior is next as well as a full replacement of the sterio with JBL stuff, last on the list is the engine - which will be a major mod and quite a bit of cash required ;)

Degen-Astra
2nd March 2004, 09:18 AM
Try Hella or Morette twin headlight conversions...I know they come in semi-xenon and i beleive full xenon kits.
One of the brands has the indicator to the outer side of the set up and the other has the indicator closer to the grill.

Have a look at a previous topic as i have posted a pic of the hella lights.
http://hrdwrbob.net/opel/forums/viewtopic.php?t=341&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start =25

frankie9fingers
2nd March 2004, 05:59 PM
congrats on all the awards. but i must ask, were there many cars entered in the comp with airbrushings? or car tatts? were the many eurocars there? Coz i'm seriously considering airbrushing or tattooing my car. So if there's not many eurocars being airbrushed, i too can win many trophy's. BUt i would do the same "fantasy ghouls and goblins" theme you did. it doesn't suite the euro look, maybe on a HQ pannelvan.
I think The Guest is right, opinions still haven't changed. not many of us here like what you've done. Which can be very important if you wanna get the "crowd pleza trophy" otherwise it's just another hali paintjob with a bunch of airbrushings slapped on here and there.

But that's my opinion. So if you and painter wanna tag team on The Guest and expect no return fire, be warned. I take it personally that you come here, ask for opinions and when you don't like what you hear you mouth off. I doesn't work like that. Do you mouth off at a judge if your car don't win a trophy? if not then why did you ask us to judge your car?

Ogmosis
3rd March 2004, 08:40 AM
Frankie,

No, mine was the only *Euro* car that was airbrushed there. However if you re-read my original post you will see that it won Top AIRBRUSHING. The airbrushing category is open, IE it doesn't matter if it's Euro or not - all cars that have airbrushing on them are judged to be in the same category. There is NO top EURO Airbrushing category. The car also won Top 4 Cylinder, not top EURO 4 Cylinder - which obviously means that it was judged against all other 4 cyl cars in the show, not just the Euros. The only award that it won that was Euro only was the Eurotech award - and we honestly didn't even know that specific award existed.

FYI - mine was basically tied for 1st place in the People's Choice Awards, the main reason the other car won (and we know this because the car that one was painted by Marriotts and was right next to mine in the show) was because it had a better display and mirrors under the car.

I don't know what your problem is, but there's no 'tag teaming' going on here. You are so big on everyone voicing their opinions, just because Painter had something nice to say we're tag teaming? Seriously?

And I'm sick of these exagerated posting about me comming here and asking for opinions. Here's what happened -> I googled for Opel Australia Forum because I had a question about dropping a Vectra motor straight into a Astra. I browse to this forum, and find a thread completely bashing my car - it wasn't started by me and nowhere in there did I ask for opinions. I defended my car and hard work against a complete lynching like any normal person would. As I said in that deleted thread - contructive helpful criticism is always welcome, out and out bashing with no informed information is not, and I WILL defend my work against that.

I've been nothing but nice in this thread, but you and a few others seems to have a serious issue with people doing something different with their cars - then defending them when people bash (it's NOT criticism, don't try to hide behind that). Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, I can't/won't and will not try to change that. However if you decide to needlessly bash someone's hard work (especially when it WASN'T EVEN ME that posted and asked for opinions) then I seriouslly doubt you will find anyone that will sit back and just accept it as criticism.

Objective, helpful criticism (especially from that actual ASTRA community) = good

Being an ass and just plain out and out bashing someone's hard work = bad

And don't start the tag team junk either, I dont know him and he's entitled to post whatever he likes - this thread was cruising along quite nicely and people where being very helpful up until now, why ruin it?

TheGuest
3rd March 2004, 09:34 AM
unfortunately ogmosis you dont have a choice of what type of criticism is made about your car.

Constructive or destructive as this is a public forum and people can express whatever view they like about your car.

Since pictures of your car are posted on the internet on other sites. Those pictures become public property i guess... So if that pic was taken off another site and put here so people can laugh at it then theres nothing you can do about it. Except bitch and moan i guess...

So no you didnt ask for the opinions but u got them anyway...dont put pics of it on the net if you dont want a certain type of reaction.

The coincidences between you and painter are just a little obvious to me.. and i may be wrong but who cares anyway... its just my destructive opinion

have a nice day :D

Ogmosis
3rd March 2004, 09:50 AM
I have no problem really with any of you - I think this is a good resourceful forum and since finding it I actually visit quite a lot.

I didn't ever say I had a choice, and you are right - people are entitled to say whatever they like - however I am also allowed to have my say and as I've said already defend my hard work. There is a big difference between critisism and plain bashing as I've already said, I would have thought this would be obvious to most.

I also agree that painter is a little sus, however please take a moment and check with someone who has mod status and I am sure you will soon see that we are two different people.