PDA

View Full Version : Please create a knowledge base section of the forum!!

InsaneAsylum
15th March 2005, 09:23 AM
recently, i've been noticing the same questions over an over again on this forum, the same answers provided and the same debates and arguments, these posts are mainly made by new members. I have nothing against new members etc but it would be a lot easier for them to read an article about general mods they can do rather creating a whole new post every time.

to assist members on these forums, I suggest a few posts covering:

- basic mods (exhaust size, air filter pros and cons, performance chips pros and cons, pros and cons of drilled air box, bmc cda pros and cons)

- wheels (maximum diameter and width to suit opels, correct stud pattern and offset fitments for opels)

- suspension (springs pros and cons, shocks pros and cons)

- ICE (maximum speaker size to fit in door pods without cutting)

Anonymous
15th March 2005, 09:24 AM
i think stickying past topics would be better

+ i'm pretty sure there already is a knowledge base

InsaneAsylum
15th March 2005, 09:32 AM
whatever. doesn't matter how it's done. i'm just getting tired of "what exhaust size" "should I get a pod?" "what rims can fit" "can I turbo charge my car?" "ho wlow can I make my car" "what springs should I get"

etc etc etc

Anonymous
15th March 2005, 09:37 AM
what's wrong with the knowledge base that we already have? :screwy:

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewforum.php?f=24

what exhaust size" "should I get a pod?" "what rims can fit" "can I turbo charge my car?" "ho wlow can I make my car" "what springs should I get"

don't see any of those in that thread?

InsaneAsylum
16th March 2005, 08:35 AM
when I first signed up, I looked in the how-to section, however if you have a look through the last few weeks, there are a lot more new members starting their life on opelaus with threads that are already covered in the how-to section. to be honest, the topics of these threads are asking questions with the same answer as "how long is a piece of string?" which go on and on for pages just because of different peoples differing opinions.

Alfonzo
5th April 2005, 07:41 PM
The tricky thing with a knowledge base is a great deal of modifications are also influenced by personal opinion. How a car handles with one particular brand of springs over another, for example, or what tone of exhaust sounds best. Knowledge bases are good for certain things, like air filter numbers or rim offsets for specific models, but useless for some others.

Namus
5th April 2005, 11:31 PM
very true; create a guide for one, and another is bound to be left out