PDA

View Full Version : Another new Brissie member...

180HOA
12th March 2005, 08:32 PM
Just thought I'd say hi to all - even to the chick with the blue turbo who I see on the motorway on the way home - even tho she snubs me :(

Mines an 04 Turbo, silver, stock. Partly cos I like it that way, but mainly cos I'm back at uni now and its starting to dawn on me that new tyres/brakes aren't that far ahead of me now and just those necessities are gonna hurt... but I love the thing, so a little sacrifice is fair.

I'm newish to Brisbane, moved up here about 18 months ago and am slowly getting used to things, except for the generally atrocious driving skills of many QLD licence holders. But I think that makes me appreciate the Turbo all the more - in Brissie I think three things are essential in a car - go fast, good brakes, and a loud horn...

Anyways, thats about all I've got to share for now.

Cheers,
Luke

ecstasy
12th March 2005, 10:57 PM
welcome mate and where u come from?

~Kupu~
12th March 2005, 10:58 PM
:) welcome to opelaus fellow brisbanite :D be sure to check out the qld section for our regular cruises and if you would like come along to our dinner next week - just click on the link in my sig :mrgreen:

~Kupu~
12th March 2005, 10:59 PM

yeah which side of town you on?

Namus
13th March 2005, 08:48 AM
welcome; hope to see u on cruises... 8)

Dee
13th March 2005, 09:41 AM
welcome :)

i think i know which astra T girl you might be talking about... she snubs us all

180HOA
13th March 2005, 09:49 AM
Good morning...

I'm in Kanagroo Point, by the way.

i think i know which astra T girl you might be talking about... she snubs us all

Blonde chin/shouder length hair, always seems to be wearing dark glasses?

At least I'm not feeling quite so victimised now...

Dee
13th March 2005, 09:52 AM
lol.. she doesnt like any of us :( we called her a name..... i think

btw if you dont have anything to do this arvo say after 2pm.. we are having a photo shoot for all the opels around ;) let me know if you are interested and ill pass the info on

180HOA
13th March 2005, 10:13 AM
she doesnt like any of us

Well then, I hope she wakes up tommorrow and it's turned into a Focus.

CL, not the ST170.

That'd learn her.

And thanks for the invite, but the thing is embarrassingly filthy at the moment, so I'm gonna pass and use the afternoon instead to restore it to its former glory :oops:

Have fun!

Anonymous
13th March 2005, 12:04 PM
yes hello and welcome

mr_astra_retired
13th March 2005, 12:12 PM
Welcome a fellow astra T owner !!

Hope you enjoi your stay , the QLDs are a friendly bunch of peeps to cruise with :mrgreen:

mrbenno
17th March 2005, 05:13 PM
Hello and Welcome,
I live 5 mins from you place ! we should meet up for a beer sometime soon.

Are you able to come along to a Thursday night cruise ?

The Sentinel
17th March 2005, 06:13 PM
Welcome also!!

Catch you on the next cruise!

typetnt
17th March 2005, 07:39 PM
Welcome to Brisbane buddy.

QLD drivers suck, and you'll start to figure out who are the better drivers soon.

Namus
18th March 2005, 07:42 AM
u can actually figure who are the 'better' drivers? most ppl drive pretty s*** round here.... :evil: :screwy: