PDA

View Full Version : New guy on board

aussie_in_london
8th March 2005, 09:23 PM
Hey all
i am an Aussie (Sydney) living in London Uk, currently own a Vauxhall Astra H SRi 1.8 16v that i purchased last Nov. Nice car and goes well.
I m a member of www.astra-sri.co.uk and thought i should also join this club and keep in touch with all the happenings back home.

Shane

a_manda
8th March 2005, 09:30 PM
Hey Shane!

we have an aussie member of opelaus in the UK at the moment too !!

welcome to the site, enjoy :P

Manda

ultim8DTM5
8th March 2005, 09:46 PM
Cool, welcome

aussie_in_london
8th March 2005, 10:03 PM
thanks guys

will get some pics up soon just have to make em smaller

Shane

BassyAstra
8th March 2005, 10:05 PM
You didnt mention that it was "I" that referred you :lol:
Have a nice stay pimp :mrgreen:

aussie_in_london
8th March 2005, 10:11 PM
sorry dude it was yourself who referred me
do you get anything nice for refering new members? one months free member ship etc hahahahaha point me in the direction and i will drop your name a few times.
good site bassyastra thanks for the intro

em
8th March 2005, 10:23 PM
I'm in LONDON too, and so is Olly :)

@sh
8th March 2005, 10:25 PM
I was on the phone to a person in London a few hours ago :wink:

Welcome dude 8)

BassyAstra
8th March 2005, 10:30 PM
do you get anything nice for refering new members? one months free member ship

I mite get a kiss from Mr_Astra (admin) :?

aussie_in_london
8th March 2005, 10:35 PM
cool em where in London is yourself?
I have just bought an apartment on the river in Rothehithe
been over here now for 3 years, stay another 5 or so years.
Do you drive over here? if so what do you think of pommy drivers?

aussie_in_london
8th March 2005, 10:36 PM
ok mate i will get in contact with him and drop your name
enjoy that kiss mate

em
8th March 2005, 10:40 PM
hey... well i live where time begins in greenwich, or 5 mins south of...

i'm a teacher and work in school in the area, have no idea of where you are or where that suburb is. i dont drive but i hate pom drivers they are freaky...

aussie_in_london
8th March 2005, 11:00 PM
Im a 5 min drive from Greenwich
Canada Water tube station is in Rotherhithe, im on the oposite side of the river from Canary Wharf. so not far at all

Im the clinical manager for an occupational health company (medicals & drug screening for the railways)

trust me the some of the pom drivers are the worst i have come across, indicators are optional extras over here and what is a speed limit, its nothing for them to do 160 km/h on the motor way and flash their high beems and bash the horn at you to get out of the slow lane so they can get past all while the other 2 lanes are empty hahahahahahaha
its an experience

ecstasy
8th March 2005, 11:31 PM
welcome to the site mate! and gosh u haven't seen drivers in South America, they will push ur car to move out of their way (i know that cause i've done it :lol: ) the law of the jungle back there, thou its fun when u can really see all the time ur speedo going all the way up :lol: Indicators? what are indicators? :wink:

aussie_in_london
8th March 2005, 11:59 PM
sounds like Indonesia, that place is scary, no idea why they even have lines on the road

em
9th March 2005, 01:08 AM
yep can say i have witnessed the driving in indo, and your exactly right they dont use the lines on the road so why are they even there???
as for UK drivers, i went on an adventure to Cambridge where drivers will beep at you when your going around a roundabout for no reason, like a 'get outa my way beep' it is crazy, indicators??? do cars even have them, cant say i have seem them being used, there is no hesitation for a driver to run you over....

I know where Canary Wharf is, I love that place, I'm actually looking at a unit to rent in that area so I might just run into you some time :)

aussie_in_london
9th March 2005, 01:42 AM
i have never been hit by another car in Sydney (been lucky i guess)
I have had my new astra now for 4 months and have been hit 3 times, only minor but 3 times in 4 months, the last time was in Catford 3 weeks ago and it was a double lane and both lanes turned left, the car on the inside of me forgot to turn when he should have and hit my rear passanger door and quickly took off in the traffic, only a small dent in the rear wheel arch no paint missing but enough to upset you when the car is new.

Canary Wharf is a great place, visit the cinemas alot in West India Quays.
you may just run into me, that you never know

Anonymous
9th March 2005, 05:51 AM
welcome

Namus
9th March 2005, 07:04 AM
welcome mate

Bernard Siong
9th March 2005, 10:52 AM
hello :)

OPC
9th March 2005, 05:31 PM
hey shane welcome to opelaus buddy :D

if ya end up meeting up with EM over there i suggest you wear a protector on the lower region :lol: :lol:

she has a swift kicking motion in the lower region :lol: :lol: :lol:

BassyAstra
9th March 2005, 06:36 PM
she has a swift kicking motion in the lower region

Karate, Tai Kwon, Thai Boxing or "own style"?

mr_astra_retired
9th March 2005, 07:01 PM
do you get anything nice for refering new members? one months free member ship

I mite get a kiss from Mr_Astra (admin) :?

hmm how about i pass this one over to em , shes over in london :lol:

Welcome mate :)

aussie_in_london
9th March 2005, 11:22 PM
thanks guys
will take the advice but meeting i think is different to dating (no pain involved) hahahaha