PDA

View Full Version : Cost on Turbo's for 1.8lt

OPCVXR
8th March 2005, 12:31 PM
Hey Guys

I am wondering if anyone has ever been through the exercise of getting prices on converting their 1.8lt Astra to a Turbo 1.8?

My wife says the car talks the talk but does not walk the walk. This is the kind of mod I never thought my wife could want but she wants to consider it!

Any ideas on $$$

OPCVXR
8th March 2005, 12:32 PM
Sorry. I should say Turbo indead of Turbo's so everyone doesnt get excited.

Just 1 turbo will do!

freaktown
8th March 2005, 12:54 PM
hey man, do a search, so many of these threads now its not funny!

:mrgreen:

Anonymous
8th March 2005, 01:04 PM
pitch theres a thread sumwhere in the astra section ( need sum advice on a ecu )as for putting a turbo on a 1.8lt its a great idea but u could consider a z20let conversion from a astra turbo if and only with u can find a second hand one ? 8)

Anonymous
8th March 2005, 03:38 PM
there was one for sale a while back for $3000 think it cost him $6000 so it would be better just to buy a sri turbo instead of mucking around makeing your own

Namus
8th March 2005, 03:53 PM
mmm get a sri turbo engine n drop it in....or just buy a turbo car..

BassyAstra
8th March 2005, 04:33 PM
Turbo astra H 5 door 8) :lol:
Every1 complains 1.8 doesnt have power, maybe it because ive never driven a turbo car but 1.8 seems fine... :roll:

Anonymous
8th March 2005, 04:40 PM
astra has more then enough power for normal every day driving, freeway driving, and the occasional spirited drive.

They are only slow when you want quick lap times and quarter miles.

So unless you track your car, standard will be suffice - I haven't had the need for more power.

@sh
8th March 2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah trade in the old astra get a astra turbo... will be way more reliable plus the added features of the turbo model… probably wouldn’t cost that much more really in the long run... plus easier to sell if needed later… hmm leather 8)

Anonymous
8th March 2005, 04:43 PM
mmmm power

Kwijy
8th March 2005, 04:48 PM
Unfortunatly i myself have a 1.8 n/a astra (as opposed to a turbo), but really it's not the kinda car that's easy to mod in such a big way, and not many people have done it - unlike all the turbo kits for jap cars.. being so cheap because they sell so well.

I figure unless i stumble upon a z20let engine for a decent price, i'm gonna stick with my 1.8 litres of naturally aspirated FURY! :twisted: :P :P :P

Anonymous
8th March 2005, 05:21 PM
1.8 leetah powah

JP Dyno
8th March 2005, 05:44 PM
sell it, and buy an SRI Turb (maybe mine, do ya good deal ;0) ).
but seriously, all up it probably cost the same (otherwise, not much more) and you get the turbo, an extra 0.2L, leather, bodykit., the lot. No stuffing around with tunes and getting it right. Less headaches and better value.

Shop around and do the math.

InsaneAsylum
8th March 2005, 08:13 PM
take it to AVO in cheltenham and get a quote

ultim8DTM5
8th March 2005, 09:09 PM
Get a Astra Turbo. Unless its an older 1.8 with cable-throttle forget about it.
The amount of work involved in a custom turbo application for the 1.8 will bring you to Astra Turbo prices anyway and have nowhere near the reliability.