PDA

View Full Version : NSW Police FInes

Misguidedangel
7th March 2005, 04:36 PM
Hey guys n Gurls,

I need some help!!

Driving back from Coffs Harbour today, 3 of my friends were pulled up by the cops for "apparent" wreckless driving.

the police did not witness this "supposed" driving themselves, but claim they have a witness.

The police officer also stuffed up 2 of the tickets, with one driver they put the incorrect address & with the other, wrong colour of their car. I know in QLD we can contest for errors like that on a ticket, but how do we go about it in NSW???

This is from a mate of mine on my Lancer forum.. but the three cars involved were Calibras :lol: and it happend just outside of ballina.. does anyone know anything about these techinicalities?

Any help would be appreciated

16vopl
7th March 2005, 09:08 PM
are they members of the club?

tell em to git stuffed... you cant be booked (yet as far as i know) on a witnesses statement, they must see you in the act.
was it a real cop? cause you have to be pretty stupid to not get the colour of a car right :oops:

Namus
7th March 2005, 10:07 PM
mmm, if the paperwork is wrong then the cops are screwed as far as i know, as the judge would throw it out of court if it ever went that far....

ecstasy
7th March 2005, 10:28 PM
contes that thing, and to have proof they gotta call those so called witness they got, and i doubt they will be pressing charges (oh yeah those witnesses gotta press charges before hand). Good luck!
the key word here is evidence, and it seems they got none, nada!

Anonymous
8th March 2005, 08:46 AM
do the crime, do the time.

but... contest it, the police won't get very far... :lol:

future reference, don't screw around in public. :P