PDA

View Full Version : Members who live in the UK

em
7th March 2005, 12:29 AM
Hey...
Well as most of you know i'm on a little adventure around the world, rather homesick at the momentbut besides that i'm really enjoying myself.

I just wanted to know who lives in the UK and where abouts.

I'm currently living in London-Greenwich where time begins 8)
In the month that I have been here I have not seen any heavily modified opels cutting about.
Heaps of stock callys, veccys and astras. I have seem a few barinas with rims and they looks stupid they get it all wrong!
I want to see something Nice am I in the wrong suburb for this???

In my time here I also have not seen a tubo at all, where are they all hiding.

So if you live in the UK can you answer some of my questions? also tell me where you live and if it's a nice place to visit
em 8)

Slimcraigie
7th March 2005, 02:21 AM
Wow you will have experienced the lovely warm weather we have been getting :shock: hehe, have you built a snowman yet..........We are about 300 miles north of you in Yorkshire where men are men and sheep are worried :lol:

seriously though not many turbo astras about over here, they are in the SRi & GSi but most of the Astras here are basic ones (very popular) You will see most of the modded cars in toys r us or maccy d's car parks spinning there wheels after dark :D

RK
7th March 2005, 07:47 AM
You should go to their next PVS meet, Em. Check VVOC.com to see when its on again :)

ultim8DTM5
7th March 2005, 08:51 AM
Get in touch with Ollie he should still be over there (silvestra)

@sh
7th March 2005, 08:53 AM
Its Vauxhall over there and poms dont like them :roll:

http://vauxhall.co.uk/assets/header/logo.gif

RK
7th March 2005, 09:23 AM
PVS 2005 (Performance Vauxhall Show)
Sunday 5th June 2005 - Santa Pod Raceway

http://www.vvoc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20427

Anonymous
7th March 2005, 09:36 AM
You will see most of the modded cars in toys r us or maccy d's car parks spinning there wheels after dark :D

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

like some bad max power mag article.....

it worrys me, it really does.

SmellyTofu
7th March 2005, 11:15 AM
I wish I was in the UK... I'll be there soon.. but not for work unfortunately.

em
8th March 2005, 03:48 AM
pete: already contacted Olly

Ash: are you crazy everyone over here must love them cause they all own one.
The Corsa sells for GBP 5999 cheap as chips/peas :D considering peas are served with all meals.

Raj: will look into it. Cant be bothered to join another forum thats all

Anonymous
8th March 2005, 08:11 AM
em can u bring me back another corsa/c please :mrgreen:

@sh
8th March 2005, 08:33 AM
Thats my point cheap as chips hehe aka rubbish over there :wink:

The cops drive them :!: just like dunnydores over here :D

http://agd.no-ip.info/gallery/albums/album02/P2170174.thumb.jpg

This was taken by you babe :wink:

Dee
8th March 2005, 10:19 AM
the brake dust....

so its isnt only us that have been cursed with the brake dust by GM

aussie_in_london
9th March 2005, 03:43 AM
Also another aussie in London ( just one of the million or so over here)
live on the river in London (yep river veiws of the Thames) 5 min drive from London Bridge (Tower Bridge) just bought a one bedroom apartment, so im here for a few more years yet (3 already) money is easy to make and will look good in my bank account when i decide to sell up and move back home.
Em is right, not many worked cars on the road, the odd few wreckx but not like Sydney. I bought a new Astra H SRi last Nov (18" wheels, full body kit, sat nav etc) does go well if you have the sports switch engaged and handles the open roads well (my old man came over at xmas and we drove him up to Scotland through a snow blizzard and back down into Wales, so she does handle well and turns heads at traffic lights (18's do look good). a good club to join over here is www.astra-sri.co.uk, good bunch of pomms and always helpful to answer your questions (have a big meet coming up in April, around 60 odd cars already, should be good.