PDA

View Full Version : dont buy anything from holden again

no1joey
4th March 2005, 07:08 PM
this thread is a plea not to buy anything from holden spare parts, they are ripping people off blind !!

pm me for a email to a person ive been ordering stuff off for months from vauxhall in the UK, if u have the GM part number it can be ordered, takes about a week to arrive , and the savings are incredible.

holden wanted $520 for a new steering UJ, from the UK - $120
holden wanted $120 for new brake pads, from UK - $38.

all in original GM boxes with GM holagram and barcode, nicely packaged.

holden spare parts team should be wearing balaclava's i $#%#$ hate em

Bernard Siong
4th March 2005, 07:44 PM
wow what a saving

1OPL2C
4th March 2005, 07:48 PM
can u order opel stuff aswell?

Bernard Siong
4th March 2005, 08:09 PM
i'm guessing yes
doubt uk would stock holden

Anonymous
4th March 2005, 08:28 PM
its all good if u dont need your parts in a hurry?

sparksy
4th March 2005, 09:11 PM
its all good if u dont need your parts in a hurry?

Or you have a major service due and you can order the bits in...

BassyAstra
4th March 2005, 09:26 PM
Are you buying off the Vauxhall UK website because there is no specification for Country?
Im wanting to buy a few things, theyve got a massive range for the H, and cheap too.
Also cant Slimcragie get all the vauxhall stuff?

Mark
5th March 2005, 12:13 AM
Yep agree 100 percent !!
Pays to shop around these days,no matter what your buying cause there are savings to be had especially if the dollar is good.

Give them a kind salute http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/merchantfiles/4508723/artthumb513.jpg

Alfonzo
5th March 2005, 12:27 AM
I decided it'd be a good idea to buy a set of Holden badges for the rear of my car, you know, for when the time comes to upgrade I could just have them handy if I have a private buyer.

Anyway I rock up to Holden, and they want $85 for both the HOLDEN lettering and the lion logo - $85! I told the lass I got genuine GM Opel badges and the front grille sent from the UK for $160 odd to my front door and she nearly fell of her seat!

no1joey
5th March 2005, 02:30 AM
im not sure slimcraigie can get everything, i may be wrong dont quote me, this is just another avenue. ive bought a fair few things off them, and a fuel and oil filter plus front and rear brake pads, and a middle consol armrest are on the way for about a quarter of the price holden charge.

EAK33Y
5th March 2005, 09:00 AM
Im after some new brake pads to stop my brake dust

NXA-16H
5th March 2005, 10:33 AM
this thread is a plea not to buy anything from holden spare parts, they are ripping people off blind !!

<snip>
holden wanted $120 for new brake pads, from UK - $38.

all in original GM boxes with GM holagram and barcode, nicely packaged.

holden spare parts team should be wearing balaclava's i $#%#$ hate em

I quite agree with your feelings about Holden Pricing. It IS a bit rich.

I know all about the UK Brake Pads, I've seen them numerous times in UK-based Dealerships, as well as ebay.co.uk.

A problem you may have there however, is the shipping costs from the UK to Australia.

I say that not so much about Brake Pads, but rather for new front Discs.

GM-Holden quotes approx. $380.00 for the front set.

Now you can get them at a much cheaper rate from the UK, but the shipping costs for heavy items like Discs mean that you won't actually be saving much at all in the long run.

I don't know anything about the Universal Joint, so I can't help you there.

But try RDA for the Pads and Discs. It certainly appears to be the best alternative at the moment.

David
NXA-16H

no1joey
5th March 2005, 11:08 AM
i bought UJ a month ago, cant remember wat the shipping was, definatley a saving anyway, i found the invoice for an idle air control valve i bought from vauxhall, 65 pounds plus 10 pounds for the shipping, thats about $182 australian, from memory holden wanted something like $320 for it....

Namus
5th March 2005, 01:28 PM
can try DBA as well for ur rotors as stated in another thread...both are very good

Caly2c
5th March 2005, 02:42 PM
This has been a rule on the cally site for ages. Don't get your car serviced there either :bang:

Namus
5th March 2005, 02:48 PM
AVOID AT ALL COSTS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(no pun intended)