PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Times

gareth
4th March 2005, 04:08 PM
Hi All,

Been lurking around here for a little while, stumbled on the site whilst researching Holden Astras. Well I went a head and brought a new Astra classic equipe last Friday.

I’m worried about the delivery times I placed an order last Friday 25th Feb. but I haven’t been given a firm delivery date the only thing I’ve been told is 2 to 4 to 6 weeks wait, every time I have spoken with them they say "yeah were trying to track one down for you" You would think that they would place an order and then say a date?

I’m more than happy to wait for one as I was advised there could be a wait but I at least thought I would be given a date ?

Is this normal having never brought a new car before?

Cheers Gareth

btw great forum !

Namus
4th March 2005, 04:11 PM
no way! way too long.....max of two weeks at worst for a new car....mum had to wait a week for her Getz which had to be done in yellow n extra paint n tint packs....

where u at n which dealership? perhaps someone close by can help....? did u get that gold colour for urs?

BassyAstra
4th March 2005, 04:37 PM
If you bought from a holden dealership when u signed the contract it should say we must provide you with a car in "insert number of days here" or we will refund you fully.

Seriously though cmon astra classic is like a super popular car...

gareth
4th March 2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah i know its a popular car im prepared to wait i just wasnt sure if it was normal :D

Nah i didnt get the gold colour got a black one :)

Namus
4th March 2005, 04:49 PM
thing i'm worried about is that they haven't given u an exact date....for a new car they should

~Kupu~
4th March 2005, 05:04 PM
i wasnt given an exact date when I orderd my car..... <shrugs> i got it a week and a bit after i ordered her

BassyAstra
4th March 2005, 05:06 PM
Neither was i, pre order from the biggest holden dealership in aus..

OPC
4th March 2005, 05:12 PM
depends what ur waiting on....

if ur waiting on an astra turbo then yes i would expect a long wait, very long infact

but if ur just waiting for a classic or something like that then i would tell them you want some extra's for no extra cost

lets say free year rego & insurance for one
mudflaps, free mats, boot scuff thingy, weathershield thingy, and so on

then if they say no just tell them you will go somewhere else...

Namus
4th March 2005, 05:17 PM
yeah good tactics mohowk 8)

OPC
4th March 2005, 05:20 PM

thanks NUMASS :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
4th March 2005, 05:22 PM

now thats funny

gareth
4th March 2005, 05:22 PM
lets say free year rego & insurance for one

Thats Clasic i'll give that one a go :) I just get a feel like im getting fobbed off i'll give em a call on monday and see whats happening

Gareth

OPC
4th March 2005, 05:24 PM
FOR SURE DUDE...

unless you have signed a contract... you havent signed yet ? please tell me u havent signed or left a deposit...

Anonymous
4th March 2005, 05:25 PM
the day i looked at mine friday morning is the same day i drove it out friday night

Namus
4th March 2005, 05:26 PM
fark that; it's ur money; man if they don't respond to that; take it elsewhere

d***head :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: nice call

FlySri
4th March 2005, 05:27 PM
My wife made the dealer plate and deliver our turbo on the spot !!!
It was all or nothing !!!!
He did it !!!
They can pull there fingers out if they want too !!!
Gentle pushing helps!!! :wink:

OPC
4th March 2005, 05:28 PM
**moderated** that; it's ur money; man if they don't respond to that; take it elsewhere

ah well i thought u liked it cos ur misspelling mine :evil:

gareth
4th March 2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah i signed the contract and paid the deposit on the friday :-( i think ill give them a call on monday and bust their chops a little

Mrs T
4th March 2005, 05:34 PM
It depends on if the car is in the country yet.

When i brought my pulsar brand new i waited eight weeks cause they didnt have the colour i wanted it was still being manufactured when i ordered it.

My aunty just brought a new astra classic and she was told that it was a few weeks wait so maybe they are selling fast.

Degen-Astra
4th March 2005, 05:35 PM
I made sure with mine it was on the showroom floor before i went in to negotiate. One place i called the day before going in told me they had a Black SRi 2.2 Manual on the floor, when i got there...it was a Blue Auto.

But my previous one where i had to wait 2 weeks for pick up.

gareth
4th March 2005, 05:37 PM
Yeah from what they say there selling well, i just assumed they could provided a date that one would be delivered

GOZOFF
4th March 2005, 05:42 PM
Huh... When I put my deposit on my Astra they said 4 to 6 weeks it ended up being over 6 months :evil: but then again I got a SRi your just ordering a Classic so should be all good :wink:

Namus
4th March 2005, 05:44 PM
**moderated** that; it's ur money; man if they don't respond to that; take it elsewhere

ah well i thought u liked it cos ur misspelling mine :evil:

crap man! i didn't even realise i had spelt ur name wrong! lmao...oh ok i get it now...thought this was a continuation of ur chrome state joke attacks against me

Mrs T
4th March 2005, 05:48 PM
Gareth, they are probably trying to protect their a55s cause if they tell you 2 weeks and it doesnt come until 3 weeks then your gonna be pi55ed off.

If its still on the boat it still has to clear customs and then go to the holding yard and then go to ingleburn where they get complied.

gareth
4th March 2005, 05:52 PM
Cool , thanks for your help guys , i think i might just have to be patient :-)

mr_astra_retired
4th March 2005, 06:23 PM
no way! way too long.....max of two weeks at worst for a new car....

Way too long??? Um dude where you get your info from .

My astra took like 6 weeks .

OPC
4th March 2005, 06:36 PM
Cool , thanks for your help guys , i think i might just have to be patient :-)

i hate being patient :evil:

i wanna run my car :evil:

Shazza
4th March 2005, 06:45 PM
gareth, it doesn't matter what car you are ordering, whether its an Astra classic, turbo, sri or whatever. If the dealer doesn't have the car in stock, then they try to bring it in from another dealer. Obviously they haven't be able to source one for you, so the next thing they do is check what stock is arriving on a boat etc. Its hard to give an exact time when the boat is going to arrive, it could be anywhere from a week or 2, upto 3 months.

I had a friend who ordered a brand new 05 WRX, which he waited 3 months for, simply because there wasn't any stock as yet, and he had to wait for the car to be manufactured, then shipped on a boat. Another friend has ordered a new VW Golf, which he has been waiting for 2 months so far, its on a boat, and he should have it within a month... no exact delivery date.

Just be patient, and u'll get it. Most dealers aint going to throw in extras cos u had to wait longer. If the stock isn't in the country no dealer can do much.

Before signing on the dotted line though the dealer should have tried to source a car for you from other dealers. If they couldn't, which seems to be the case, then they can't give u a specific time frame.

Namus
5th March 2005, 01:31 PM

meh don't know how it works down south; but around here mum and dad got their two hyundai's with a week and a mate who bought a series II VY SS (with some special paint off another car) in 13 days (normal days; not working).....just my experiences...

U gotta pressure them....6 weeks? ha

mr_astra_retired
5th March 2005, 01:36 PM

my car was still on the boat at the time :!: So pressure or not theres nothing some people can do !!

Namus
5th March 2005, 01:39 PM
wateva, but fact of the matter is that, gareth hasn't ordered anything special like ur car...u'd think they have plenty in stock...

mr_astra_retired
5th March 2005, 01:41 PM
wateva, but fact of the matter is that, gareth hasn't ordered anything special like ur car...u'd think they have plenty in stock...
well maybe they dont namus , maybe thats why he hasnt got it :roll:

freaktown
5th March 2005, 01:42 PM
no way! way too long.....max of two weeks at worst for a new car....mum had to wait a week for her Getz which had to be done in yellow n extra paint n tint packs....

where u at n which dealership? perhaps someone close by can help....? did u get that gold colour for urs?

dude are you serious lol:)

two weeks would be heaven. it just depends on avaliability!

My parents waited a little over 1 month for their XT Forrester.

A friend, 2 months for his yellow s15.

my sister they made her wait about 3 weeks for her Mazda 323

its never consistent! :D

they like pulling our chains!

"Yea mate itll be here in 2 weeks......."

then as u sign and walk out.

"Shit, get onto HQ and order one from Japan......"

good luck mate!

Namus
5th March 2005, 01:49 PM
well maybe they dont namus , maybe thats why he hasnt got it :roll:

well, the thing is (according to Gareth) is that he hasn't been told anything....great service

u were told something which is all fine and well, but if u were told "oh, just wait another six weeks or wateva" and not given a reason..... :?:

Mrs T
6th March 2005, 09:58 AM

meh don't know how it works down south;

It works the same as everywhere in australia, the whole country has the same import/export rules if its on the boat it needs to be inspected by customs. Once it is inspected it needs to go to a holding yard where it gets inspected for roadworthiness and complied where it then waits to get shipped from the holding yard to the dealership that requires the order.

In my previous post i noted that i waited for my car, i didnt order a "special car" as you said i ordered a Nissan Pulsar Plus so it has no bearing on what car you order.

Myself and the forum included appreciate help from other members that is why we are members here but we dont need someone who has absolutly no idea that constantly argues that their point is correct. Which you have done.

I have worked at a dealership where we have had cars ordered and still on the boat. This is when you should explain to your customer eg your car is not in Australian Waters we are expecting a 4 - 6 week wait.

I have also been employed by a company that imported marble and Granite and our deliveries where held up due to customs. My husband works at Yamaha and their bikes get held up in customs. There is nothing you can do about it.

Gareth should have been given an explation on where the car was I am not sure if he has but all he has to do is ring the salesman and ask, the salesman might be hesitant because if i told you you would have you car in 2 weeks you would expect it in 2 weeks and you would not understand when i rang you in a week and a half and tell you its been delayed for a week you would be ropable cause you were excited about getting your new car.

Anyway sorry to long post peoples.

And Namus do you have to have the last word??????????

Gareth hope it all works out mate and youll be driving you new classis in the next few weeks hey lol :)

Namus
6th March 2005, 10:31 AM
no i don't have to have the last word, but as i said in the previous post it seems like he hasn't been told anything (from wat he's posted) and as u have just stated, they "should" have told him.....for him to go the length of time that he has without at the very least an explanation is bad customer service at best......THAT is wat i was trying to say....

and if u look at the order of the posts, the reference to "special car" was directed at mr_astra Not urself; i know and understand about customs as our family has ordered parts from overseas with regards to home renovation and our order was held up by customs for three weeks......

wateva, i've built a bridge; perhaps the rest should too; just let the man enjoy his car when it arrives; hope it comes soon mate

Mrs T
6th March 2005, 10:53 AM
i have no need to build a bridge lol it doesnt bother me i was just saying that you shouldnt argue when clearly you dont really know much about it.

We are here to help each other and thats all i was trying to do with Gareth.

Namus
6th March 2005, 10:57 AM
ok it's over, let's just 4get it

bigbosh
7th March 2005, 10:58 AM
I signed for the same car last week gareth.
Dealer told me i have to wait till mid april for a 05 built or
around 2 weeks for an 04 built 05 compliance.
I made the dealer specify contract void if car is not delivered within 4 weeks.

What colour did you get may i ask ?

rjastra
7th March 2005, 01:50 PM
around 2 weeks for an 04 built 05 compliance.

No point waiting for a 05 complied car... its the [b]build[b] date that affects resale values.

gareth
8th March 2005, 09:11 AM
I ordered black, in the event that it was not available or the wait was way to long then silver

bigbosh
8th March 2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah black and silver are the classy colours.
I went olympia blue, not sure why ive got bad taste when it comes to cars.
:)

OPC
8th March 2005, 11:22 AM
ok it's over, let's just 4get it

LAST WORD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gareth
11th March 2005, 08:13 AM
Hey guys got a date from the holden dealer its going to be the 18th of May !!!

10 weeks to go :-(

rjastra
11th March 2005, 02:09 PM

Advice... go buy something else or buy fdrom another dealer. you can quite easily break the contract.

Mrs T
11th March 2005, 02:24 PM

Advice... go buy something else or buy fdrom another dealer. you can quite easily break the contract.

If Gareth goes with another dealer it still probably wont make any difference to the arrival date. It is quite normal for dealerships to do stock swaps and in this case it doesnt sound like there are any in the country.

Did the dealer give you any explaintion Gareth??

The only other thing you can do is ring another dealer and ask if they can get you a Black Astra Classic Equipe, but the salesman has no reason to not deliver the car if they can get it earlier cause chances are the salesman wants his commission and he doesnt get it until EOM when its delivered.

gareth
11th March 2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks guys , yeah apparently there are none in the country so i guess ill be waiting yeah rang a few other dealers they say the same thing ah well :-) it better be worth the wait