PDA

View Full Version : What will replace the vectra?

thirteen
3rd March 2005, 10:31 AM
My car is getting on a bit, i do a lot of driving.. and so the poor thing although it is running good as ever has clocked up around 140000kms.. i wanna sell at 150000.

no idea what can replace the vectra though. my next car i want a manual, preferably a six cylinder or turbo charged and budget around 20k.

the level of equipment that comes in the vectra isnt available in any other cars for similar prices that im aware of..

and ive gotten over the big cruiser thing for the moment, my next car shud be super good for handling and braking, and i want some more power for better driveability.

at the same time i dont wanna say bye to the vectra :(

any ideas for a replacement?

astro boy
3rd March 2005, 10:37 AM
Two or four door?
Early model 200sx or for a four door you can't go past a 00 rex.

thirteen
3rd March 2005, 11:22 AM
i dont mind how many doors really.. although i want something with space.

RK
3rd March 2005, 12:01 PM
200sx has crap all space in the back.

thirteen
3rd March 2005, 12:20 PM
ive realised why r33's are so popular. space in the back seats, performance, decent boot, good engine, reliable..

id like to pick up a series 2 r33 possibly. or a manual soarer :D

freaktown
3rd March 2005, 02:37 PM
Soarer... lol just make sure you have a dock to park your land barge!! :)

My next car will be either a 944 (951) Turbo Porsche. If i can be bothered taking the time to restore it.

Or a Yellow S15.

easy as pie. :mrgreen:

Clint
3rd March 2005, 02:52 PM
i kinda in the same situation... my vectra has done 145,000 and i am interested in selling. i love the features of the vectra, and wouldnt mind getting another one, but i havent seen too many manual vectras, dark colour, dont like light coloured cars much, and at a fairly low price, something similar to what i could sell my vectra for.

InsaneAsylum
3rd March 2005, 03:08 PM
ive realised why r33's are so popular. space in the back seats, performance, decent boot, good engine, reliable..

id like to pick up a series 2 r33 possibly. or a manual soarer :D

no... it's because they are fully sick drift spec cars that can pick up chix and make sexy spooling sounds and "da intacoolah noise re"

p.s. if you find a manual soarer i will kiss your ass.

my mate has an r33 and reckons it's small inside and in the boot. i was going to sugest getting a 4 door r33 turbo as they are cheap and roomy, however there are as many manual 4 door r33's as there are manual soarers.

thirteen
3rd March 2005, 07:36 PM
ive found a few manual soarers all with waay too many kms on em already.

i plan to get a s15 after my next car as they are still 30 something. but by then i will probably want something else.. but yes i also have a love affair with s15's :D

i dunno, a sereis 2 r33 would do me, i like the facelift.. drop it on some nice wheels and thats it.

InsaneAsylum
3rd March 2005, 08:33 PM
s15 is a great car with good power and awesome weight balance. I drove a friends with an exahust, pod a a few pounds extra boost and I can tell you it felt unreal when boost came in plus it felt great going round corners.... a lot better than my vectra with lowered springs. put it that way. makes it very hard to fit 2 6 foot tall blokes in the back, but the boot had decent space. easy to make good power out of a jap turbo car. my mates r33 made 230rwkw without opening up the motor

thirteen
4th March 2005, 12:45 PM
yeah i thinking an r33, but all the hoons around make insurance crappy for them. but when theres a will there is a way i guess..

YuSuF
4th March 2005, 02:36 PM
What about an SS?

OPCVXR
4th March 2005, 03:57 PM
My brother in law had an R33 GTST and loved it. It's got power, handeling, the note! You said a 6 cyl and you dont car how many doors I reckon R33 is a goer.

The only draw back is the insurance cost but hey, it doesnt matter what 2 door car you get it will still cost you your 1st kid.

SS is another good option but then if you went SS insurance would still cost ya unless you got a Calais, Statesman. Something P platers are less likly to have and you can still get a V8 with all the bells and wistles and for 20k it can even have rims, suspension and exhaust but it could have more that 120km

thirteen
4th March 2005, 07:12 PM
nah no ss. im not a fan of holdens. id love a ba xr6. but they havent come down that far yet and a manual is hard to find.

but yeah r33. now i just need to save my pennies to make up the difference :(

no1joey
4th March 2005, 07:15 PM
ferrari 360 modena, make sure its canairi yellow.

aussievectra
5th March 2005, 11:40 AM
There was an article in carpoint about decent rides for under $25k my surprise was a Range Rover was 95 Vouge was in the list. :shock:

Namus
5th March 2005, 02:10 PM
meh for a s2 r33 gts-t for ur budget ($20k u said?) u'd be lucky to find one without a zillion kays on it....or heavily modified if not both....

one thing i suggest to u is an import place; a proper one where they import the car from japan and get it RAWS complied etc.....i was lookin at buying an s1 r33 gts-t; had turbo timer; 16's; 3in cat back Fujisubo exhaust; automatic; only 90k's on the clock; for $17k (plus orc)...got receipts if u want....put a deposit down but insurance screwed us over...too much for me to get full comprehensive obviously but if u only get CTP u are just PLAIN STUPID specially in a car like a Skyline....

luck finding a manuel soarer with lowish k's......

wrx's? insurance would kill that....top 3 consistently on list of target for car thieves...

around how many k's would be acceptable for u? seriously go to an import place...look in the bak of fast fours or hot 4's for ads for these places.....