PDA

View Full Version : Pics!!

sxi_girlie
26th February 2004, 06:31 PM
can anyone tell me how i can put up some pics of my car??

Dregger
26th February 2004, 06:35 PM
go to http://uploader.co.uk/forum/index.php

register there and u can upload ur images, then once its uploaded, it gives you the URL.

just paste into your post, and highlight the URL, then click on the IMG button..... voila...the image appears in ur post!
so that your post (as you are writing it) will have something like (without "" marks)

" http://www.basehead.org/files/wallz/Opel_Omega_V8-2.jpg "

EVERYONE.... i will do a proper how to for this when i get a chance to breathe......

Anonymous
27th February 2004, 10:14 AM
Dude, thanks for that.

I was about to put a suggestion for HOW TO...

sxi_girlie
28th February 2004, 06:31 AM
ok hope this works!! well here goes

this is my car! its pretty much standard apart from the tinted windows and irmy grill!!

http://uploader.co.uk/images/sxi_girlie.jpg

frankie9fingers
28th February 2004, 07:28 AM
Have you been doing burnouts?...hmmm...i think so.

sxi_girlie
28th February 2004, 09:03 AM
lol no that wasnt me !!!

frankie9fingers
28th February 2004, 11:12 AM
and it wasen't me who stole the cookie from the cookie jar.......ok so it was me, but they were soooooo delicious!!!

Anonymous
28th February 2004, 01:23 PM
Frankie, i think you used to much peroxide... its gotten to your head!

Degen-Astra
28th February 2004, 01:41 PM
Next Mod...De-restrict the box! :lol:

The free mod! :wink:

frankie9fingers
28th February 2004, 02:49 PM
Frankie, i think you used to much peroxide... its gotten to your head!
NOT ENOUGH DAMNIT!! I need more! more i tells ya mooorrre! it's like i don't wanna come down from this peroxide dream. But if you think of it this way, i now have the looks to suit the personality.

sxi_girlie
28th February 2004, 06:46 PM
Next Mod...De-restrict the box! :lol:

The free mod! :wink:

yeah i have a full stainless steel powerflow system for it and a Reiger Body kit, but im going on holiday so mods to the car will have to wait till i get back!!!

sxi_girlie
1st March 2004, 05:35 AM
ok heres the ass end!!

http://uploader.co.uk/images/sxi_girlie1.jpg

mr_astra_retired
1st March 2004, 08:36 AM
Whoa what a great ass end !!
looks cool

__Smudge__
1st March 2004, 09:15 AM
http://uploader.co.uk/images/mark2.jpg

__Smudge__
1st March 2004, 09:19 AM
Many thanks to Dregger.........

Sorry about the size of pic, i'll have to do something about that

sxi_girlie
8th March 2004, 02:55 AM
got my new front bumper here is a wee peek

http://uploader.co.uk/images/mybumper.jpg

__Smudge__
8th March 2004, 07:57 AM
SXi Girlie,

What is your user name on the bangor site?

sxi_girlie
8th March 2004, 08:50 AM
its sxi_16

NUTTTR
8th March 2004, 07:36 PM
Wow! Nice front bumper :) When you installing it?
I wish we could get stuff like that out here! (correction, i mean, i wish we could get that stuff out here for less than the car costs :roll: )

Aaron

Degen-Astra
8th March 2004, 07:46 PM
Haa haa!! Nice one Nuttr! :wink:

I like that front bumper too. Does it have the 2 vertical slots on each side near the wheel arch? Or is it solid on the side?
I was thinking of getting the lip spoiler version of it rather than the entire front bumper.

NUTTTR
8th March 2004, 07:56 PM
Haa haa!! Nice one Nuttr! :wink:

I like that front bumper too. Does it have the 2 vertical slots on each side near the wheel arch? Or is it solid on the side?
I was thinking of getting the lip spoiler version of it rather than the entire front bumper.

I've got an SRi bumper and am sick to death of the bottom black piece peeling off!!!!! i just wish holden would fix it! Got a price for JUST the lower piece? i can always get it blended, etc, as it would be HEAPS cheaper, i'd guess.....

Degen-Astra
8th March 2004, 08:23 PM
Reiger have a lip spoiler that comes in the same design as that lower section of the bumper sxi_girlie has shown us.

NUTTTR
8th March 2004, 09:37 PM
Reiger have a lip spoiler that comes in the same design as that lower section of the bumper sxi_girlie has shown us.
Yup, i know that much... just wondering about supply/cost in australia more than anything... and where we'd get it, because we could import, but shipping wouldn't be cheap and damage would be likely knowning companys that import
Aaron

sxi_girlie
9th March 2004, 03:42 AM
yeah it has the slots its a Reiger bumper ive got the whole kit for it but not sure when im getting it fitted as im going on holiday soon so need all the money i can get!! ill get pics of the back bumper as soon as i get them of the camera

shaohaok
9th March 2004, 01:01 PM
Yup, i know that much... just wondering about supply/cost in australia more than anything... and where we'd get it, because we could import, but shipping wouldn't be cheap and damage would be likely knowning companys that import
Aaron

http://www.raid-rdi.com/deutsch/karosserie/pics/gross/212007.jpg

mate, have u seen one of these b4? not sure if it would fit under and SRi skirt but it sure as hell goes under a standard astra one. they are made very well and i think u can get them into aus for less than 3-400? i can't remember the exact price but it wasn't like $900 like that reiger lip.

PS: i think astranomical has one

NUTTTR
9th March 2004, 07:37 PM
It's not that one there, it looks JUST like the bottom piece of sxi_girlie's bumper, but add's onto the bottom of the stock bumper...
Aaron

sxi_girlie
10th March 2004, 02:58 AM
its this one

http://uploader.co.uk/images/riegerlip.jpg

sxi_girlie
20th March 2004, 04:51 AM
wel guys and girls got my tickets booked for oz and i arrive in sydney on friday july 10th im staying with my friend from ireland at bondi junction so hope to make it to a cruise if theres one happening at that time

Anonymous
20th March 2004, 09:40 AM
I agree Tony, especially with the Opels here in Melbourne being a LOT better than NSW! We have better roads too.
However, if you can only stay in Sydney, i hope your trip to Australia is a good and safe one.

DrDevil
20th March 2004, 01:07 PM
We have better roads too.

too bad you can't drive at any decent speed on them :P

sxi_girlie
20th March 2004, 05:19 PM
im will try to see melbourne im going to be there for 4 weeks and wanna see as much as possible

Anonymous
20th March 2004, 05:42 PM
im will try to see melbourne im going to be there for 4 weeks and wanna see as much as possible

You'll Love it.
It is the best City in Australia :wink:
Ya can't get any better. :D

sxi_girlie
22nd March 2004, 01:28 AM
so what are the best beaches to go to??

Jass
22nd March 2004, 05:58 AM
If you wanna mingle with the rest of the pomie back packers then head to Coogie or Bondi in Sydney. If you want to see more ozzies then head to Manly. Best beaches i recomend (surfing) avalon, Whale Beach and Cur Curl.

Don't know many beaches in the east or south, prefer the northen beaches

AndiesRefuge
22nd March 2004, 10:25 AM
so what are the best beaches to go to??

this is where us queenslanders kick the southern states asses!

Sunshine Coast and the Gold coast are Aussies best.

For cruises, goto melbourne, for beaches heat and tans come upto brisbane :)

Degen-Astra
22nd March 2004, 10:37 AM
^^^^ This is what happens when you let Canucks and Mexicans hook up! :wink:

Anonymous
22nd March 2004, 12:16 PM
^^^^ This is what happens when you let Canucks and Mexicans hook up! :wink:

AHAHAHA god damn i love that call! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, Melbourne is a great place to be in. Great roads, scenery etc.
Adelaide is good to go to if you want to pray.
Sydney good for... i dunno
Canberra... same as Sydney
Brisbane is GREAT for beaches
Perth is a good place to hide if your a fugative, simply because its too far away from anything
Darwin, nice scenery, lots of crocs!

Anonymous
22nd March 2004, 12:39 PM
now u didn't think you'd get away from some kinda response from sydney ppl did you?

How many turned up to the mexican cruise?

And how many did we have at our cruise.... i rest my case

You guys are all backwards down there... who the hell turns right from the left hand lane? :roll:

confusing as all hell :twisted:

Degen-Astra
22nd March 2004, 12:49 PM
Mate I hear you on that!! Hook turns suck!! Especially people who cant do them properly (I aint talking about out of staters). I have nearly been taken out a few times by idiots running through at the last second whilst i am in the process of a hook turn. Stupid Trams!

I love some of the beaches in Sydney (mainly the ones i spent each xmas at) like Newport, Palm Beach, Bilgola (spelling)...

Anonymous
22nd March 2004, 12:59 PM
I'm not talking about the number of people turning up to your cruise...

...im talking about SYDNEY in general...

Anonymous
22nd March 2004, 01:05 PM
that was my first example.... :lol: :lol:

IMHO the only good things to come out of melbourne:

1. Grand Prix
2. Stingers

And a shit load of cafes.... talk about caffeine high.... i barely slept wen i was there... :wink:

Anonymous
22nd March 2004, 01:18 PM
HEY! no deleting of ur posts.... once u submit it, there's no turning back! :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
22nd March 2004, 01:41 PM
Hey i didn't delete anything!
Yeah we've got the GP, we've got Stingers and Neighbours aswell.
Cafe's everywhere but we have the best roads. Great Ocean Road, Black Spur, Reefton Spur, Great Alpine Road, Dandenong Mountains, Grampians, Yarra Valley etc etc etc Mexicans will know what i'm talking about.

Anonymous
22nd March 2004, 01:58 PM
I said good things!..... sorry champsky, neighbours doesn't count.... thats just like saying "well we have home & away"..... which i personally wouldn't be boasting about... :P

but then again, maybe there is some opelaus members who are home & away fans! :roll:

ive been meaning to go down there for a better trip, i've only been there twice, once flew down for the day, 2nd was for the weekend of f1 about 2-3 years back. never left the city except to goto the airport and Albert park.

frankie9fingers
22nd March 2004, 04:17 PM
Don't forget melbournes arcitecture. There are some pretty ugly things around, but majority are pretty good.

sxi_girlie
23rd March 2004, 03:03 AM
im sure its all great compaired to Ireland!!! always cold n wet only good thing we got are our roads and even they arnt the best quality thanks to the british govement spending our road tax money on other crap!! and as for our beeches well lets just say they suck

astra_city
25th March 2004, 10:48 PM
Perth is the best city in Australia :wink:

Sure it might not be close to all you "East Siders" but West Side is better anyway 8) And we have the BEST beaches in my opinion...and as far as dragging goes...when I stayed in Sydney there were cool cars but just too busy to drag! In Perth we have miles and miles of beautiful dragging roads :D

And our weather is the best too....

Anonymous
25th March 2004, 10:51 PM
sorry, where's 'Perth' again? :wink:

astra_city
25th March 2004, 10:53 PM
Hahahahha :D

Far enough away so all you eastern stater's can't pollute our world-class beaches and get to experience proper weather :wink:

Anonymous
25th March 2004, 10:54 PM
You see, i'd go there, but i dont know where it is...

sijay
25th March 2004, 10:57 PM
IMHO the only good things to come out of melbourne:

1. Grand Prix
2. Stingers

Ahem.. there are still ppl old enuff to know where the grand prix 'came from'

gotta give it to perth for gr8 beaches tho... QLD beaches 'look' awesome you just cant swim in them cos you get sucked back to NZ or stung by one of a 1000 lethel jelly fish!

astra_city
25th March 2004, 10:59 PM
It's a secret so people don't find out what a hidden treasure it is...
Nothing quite like driving a few hours up North and getting into cattle country...we're real Aussies out here in the West :D

Anonymous
25th March 2004, 10:59 PM
Simon, yeah it came from there... but its in Melbourne now... :wink:

Degen-Astra
25th March 2004, 11:10 PM
I thought the Grand Prix was originally in Melbourne (Point Cook, Albert Park) a number of decades ago?

Anonymous
25th March 2004, 11:20 PM
I thought the Grand Prix was originally in Melbourne (Point Cook, Albert Park) a number of decades ago?

The Melbourne Grand Prix was Held in The Following:
Point Cook: At the RAAF Base
Albert Park: around the lake down St Kilda Road NOT Lakeside Drv.
Laverton: Near Fitgerald Rd.

My Old man has Photos of Stirling Moss getting cut out of a Pontiac Parissane after he hit a Tram Pole at 60mph and Pissed.

Dregger
26th March 2004, 05:25 PM
i dont think the grand prix was on st kilda road.....i am pretty sure it was on albert park drive