PDA

View Full Version : Reset Fuel Trims MY17 Astra

Slotter
14th November 2019, 07:07 PM
Can anyone on here tell me how to reset my ltft, have had the car back 5 times to rectify a slight misfire, actually had it throw up a code of P0172 which they just cleared and did nothing else except suggest bad fuel, what a load of crap as it has always run 98 from the same servo, under load on a hill it can get to the point of running on 3 cyl, why it doesn't throw up a misfire code is beyond me, I wish to reset the trims to see if it makes any difference, it is not a coil pack or maf as these have been eliminated by checking with a multimeter when I replaced the plugs, tired of dealing with dealerships that don't give a dam with the attitude of no returning code no problem, any help appreciated. ps it also ides rough as I do not run the auto start feature.

dutchy
15th November 2019, 01:26 AM
Used to do that with an Opcom on the older Astra's or pull the battery off overnight. Worth a try taking the battery off.

Slotter
18th November 2019, 11:57 AM
Thanks Dutchy, the battery trick didn't work will have to go through the software and see if it can be cleared from there.

dutchy
18th November 2019, 12:13 PM
So what about an ELM obd bluetooth adaptor and for instance the Torque app ? Not sure if an Opcom still actually works on the newer cars.

Slotter
21st November 2019, 09:47 AM
I have a old tech 2 that I am getting updated, been retired for nearly ten years and its way out of date, may as well put it back in use, was just wondering if there was a back door hack that worked. Cheers.