PDA

View Full Version : Ts Astra/Astra G Mk4 1.8l Fuel pump relay/fuel injection relay

TS_ASTRA_
14th May 2019, 07:44 AM
Hey Opel Aus, just wondering if there is anywhere that is reliable and reasonably priced to buy 2x relays for a Holden Ts Astra 1.8l. the ones in my car have cooked and cause the car the shutdown while driving and sometimes the car refuses to start for a phew minutes, the relay for the fuel injection gets to hot to touch after a 30 min drive and the fuel pump relay get hot but not as hot as the fuel injection relay. They both have brown burn like marks on the tops of the relays. The numbers on the relays is GM 90 494 959. I'll attach some photos of them later.

EDIT: Photos added.

dutchy
14th May 2019, 01:30 PM
Try Autovaux in the UK. Not sure where you could get these but probably if the dealer has them, you'd be paying a small fortune.

TS_ASTRA_
14th May 2019, 05:17 PM
Cool was thinking of doing that but thought I might ask around to see if anyone knew of anywhere, I have 2 other relays that are the same but are 70A instaed of 30A, there from a XC Barina, would they work or would they cook stuff?
Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Alex
https://i.imgur.com/m25xQ6z.jpg

guy 27
15th May 2019, 07:15 PM
Stick to the right amps.

Just go to the wreckers and grab a few from there.

TS_ASTRA_
20th May 2019, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the responses, I rang up my local Holden and they said a New relay would cost $72 each! Relays at Super Cheap were like $50 and were 50 amp relays (why i asked if i could use a 70 amp on in the place of the 30) Also had a talk to a trusted mechanic about using the 70 amp relay and he said it is all good to use a 70 amp relay as long as I haven't changed any fuses or wiring. (The 70 amps just means it can handle more amps if need be, but cause I haven't changed any fuses or wiring it should still only be putting the 30 amps through the relay.)

-Kind Regards,
Alex
And have a Good Day!

dutchy
20th May 2019, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't personally do it because they are 30 amps for a reason.

TS_ASTRA_
2nd June 2019, 04:05 PM
Sorry for the late reply but I did end up trying the swaped out relays for about a week but the problems are still there so put the origionals back in.

Kind regards,
Alex