PDA

View Full Version : Astra AH 2005 Air conditioning heater control box

starkitty99
8th December 2018, 12:53 PM
Hi

I am driving my daughters Astra and the air conditioning stopped working.

It's not the compressor , the compressor is not getting any power.

2 auto electricians have told me , it's the control box that sits above the wheel hub.

They checked all the fuses and everything else

One called it the fan control box , and Holden called it the heater control box.

I have searched so much and can find nothing about this box .. I'm thinking it's called something else maybe?

I found a wrecker but he doesn't know what I'm talking about ... and wants a photo

But I have no clue what I'm taking a picture of ...

The last auto electrician also said he would need codes to program it ..

I don't give up this easy and I'd really like to get it fixed ...

I can take it to Holden ..but the part alone is over $3000 apparently ...

I had someone else tell me to replace the ECU ... which is an easier part to find ... I'm guessing I still need codes

Has anyone had this happen ? Or had to replace a part that needs codes , and how did you manage ?

I am not giving up yet ... but I'm used to old Volkswagen engines , everything able to be done and replaced with no computer

So this has got me really confused ... I'm thinking I need to go back to the last auto electrician an get him to take a photo of it ..

Even then I don't know the proper name of it ..

I would appreciate any help .. Thanks :)

sskustomz
8th December 2018, 01:51 PM
Kind of sounds like a body control module but not sure from the description, maybe guy 27 would know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starkitty99
9th December 2018, 09:05 PM
Kind of sounds like a body control module but not sure from the description, maybe guy 27 would know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG thank you so much ... it looks like it to me .... I have sent a photo of it to the auto electricians to check ..

Still wondering how I get codes ... but I have found a guy who uses the Tech2 program who says he can program all different models ...

Now all I need to do is find the part ...

But now I know what is proper name is !!