PDA

View Full Version : Compatible aftermarket Headunits?

jamiedia
18th February 2005, 09:21 AM
What are the compatible aftermarket headunit with Astra G's steeringwheel control?

I quess Blaunkput should be compatible, but what about pioneer?
Anybody have idea of what head units??

I think i want to upgrade to MP3player, too tired of changing CDs all the time.. 8)

Thanks!

woody
18th February 2005, 09:43 AM
Get an IPOD and a roadtrip - that way you don't need to change any cd's or worry about steering wheel controls.

I have 2700 songs in my car at any one time!

ultim8DTM5
18th February 2005, 09:48 AM
iPod, bah!

RK
18th February 2005, 09:52 AM
I dont think i could live without my steering wheel controls.

break
18th February 2005, 10:25 AM
Blaupunkts higher end gear is the ONLY stuff that will work with the control, and even thien I believe you need to spend a fair bit of $$$ on an adaptor.

I simple disconnected my steering wheel controls (Corsa C) in order to install my Clarion DXZ835MP (can't live without high quality audio). I much rather a nice clear sound that steering wheel controls...

ultim8DTM5
18th February 2005, 10:39 AM
Theres a shipment of steering wheel adaptors on their way to Australia.

BTW is that a white E30 in your sig break?

mrbenno
18th February 2005, 10:42 AM
If your in Brissie PM me is you need an adapter for the steering wheel controls let me know, PM might be the go, a friend of mine owns an audio shop and says he can get them at a good price.

break
18th February 2005, 12:24 PM
BTW is that a white E30 in your sig break?Its actually a '90 Galant GSR that a friend owns.

...on a side note... i've never lost to the car in a race, wet or dry, and it has a 105kw 4G63! :P

ultim8DTM5
18th February 2005, 05:33 PM
Get an IPOD and a roadtrip - that way you don't need to change any cd's or worry about steering wheel controls.

I have 2700 songs in my car at any one time!

Is Roadtrip iTrip? If so it uses FM modulator = teh suck

InSaNe^Sna1L
18th February 2005, 05:36 PM
What are the compatible aftermarket headunit with Astra G's steeringwheel control?

I quess Blaunkput should be compatible, but what about pioneer?
Anybody have idea of what head units??

I think i want to upgrade to MP3player, too tired of changing CDs all the time.. 8)

Thanks!

I got the Acupolco M52 head unit on special and the steering wheel controls adapter for $100 extra. Its the second from the top head unit. Brilliant sound for Mp3 and CDs. Only issue i had was it doesn't play WMA files. Apart from that its all good.

Namus
18th February 2005, 05:37 PM
BTW is that a white E30 in your sig break?Its actually a '90 Galant GSR that a friend owns.

...on a side note... i've never lost to the car in a race, wet or dry, and it has a 105kw 4G63! :P

yeah wait till he mods it though

YuSuF
18th February 2005, 05:37 PM

Does your friend know how to race ? :?

BassyAstra
18th February 2005, 08:43 PM
post dis in the ice section.

break
18th February 2005, 09:49 PM

Does your friend know how to race ? :?If I beat him twice with 54kw @ wheels then I would assume its a no :P

That said... in the wet he spun like crazy... so fair enough... but in the dry I got a bad launch and was behind 1/2 a car to come back and just edge him out on the outside of a corner to 100km/h :lol: CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE MOVIE OF ME BEATING HIM (https://fileshare.qut.edu.au/public/devroome/CAL_VS_TREV.MOV) :lol:

Namus
19th February 2005, 02:21 PM
meh so he can't drive..... :roll:

Chris R
2nd March 2005, 07:28 PM
Theres a shipment of steering wheel adaptors on their way to Australia.

yep . I have a few pioneer ones on the way.

the alpine ones are in the works.

sony are easy as they will work.
JVC - unsure still researching
kenwood - no go until I can get a sample made up.

Namus
2nd March 2005, 07:29 PM
oh u still looking into this mate....? cheers; thought u forgot about us...

Chris R
2nd March 2005, 07:36 PM
nope I haven't. waiting on a distributor to get going. ( 3 weeks on!)

the manufacturer is doing a custom one with an LED which I'm waiting on a sample for. (its for an alpine.)

I have to ring them tonight anyway.

freaktown
2nd March 2005, 09:49 PM
actually with the ipod, if i wasnt thinking about scraping my car, i would buy the new Alpine range of headunits which is just plug and play for the ipod, with a cord not unlike the one that plugs into ur comp.

charges as it plays, and u can control it from the headunit!

cheapest on i saw was $499

stake
3rd March 2005, 08:16 PM
You might find this site useful http://www.audiotechnik-dietz.de/ENG/Stalkinterface.html#OPEL

Chris R
3rd March 2005, 10:26 PM
yep. very similar to the ones I'm getting done.

1OPL2C
16th December 2005, 09:19 PM
yep . I have a few pioneer ones on the way.

the alpine ones are in the works.

sony are easy as they will work.
JVC - unsure still researching
kenwood - no go until I can get a sample made up.

so chris R, have you got these available? the poineer or alpine adaptors..

Desty
17th December 2005, 12:07 AM
I have a VDO (not Dayton) head unit in my car that has the opel interface built in. The cable cost me $20 to plug the VDO interface into the Astra G Audio connector. I'll take a video of it in action tomorrow.

The head unit I have is listed here (http://www2.vdo.com/vdo/end_consumer/ec_product_and_fza=_and_ID=1013.aspx) and the cable I got from here (http://www.addacdchanger.co.uk/Accessories/Changer_BUS_Leads/Philips%20VDO_ISO_Convertor).