PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 sxi power

low astra
18th February 2005, 01:45 AM
im just wondering if anyone has put a fairly stock sxi astra on the dyno i gave a mate a quick run today and beat his turbo cordia which apperantly has 110kw at the wheels,

mr_sikma
18th February 2005, 11:57 AM
he cordia must have a bit of work done to it to have 110kws. they have under 100kws standard and run high 16's.

It should say in your service manual how much power your car makes?

break
18th February 2005, 12:22 PM
power does not equal straight line performance

That said.... i've beaten cars that are definitely quicker than my car.... it does come down to the skill of the drivers and how well you launch the car etc.

kirssn
18th February 2005, 01:42 PM
my sxi is stock and was put on the dyno about 6 months ago, 75kw @ wheels.

Namus
18th February 2005, 05:41 PM
is the sxi 1.8l or 2.2?

YuSuF
18th February 2005, 05:43 PM
2.2 is SRi.

Namus
18th February 2005, 05:46 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! how tired must i be/ i missed the title of the thread!!!! *smacks head* :oops:

steven.m
28th February 2005, 11:56 PM
the sxi isnt bad at all actually.. my dad was on the free way and this commodore was being a fag and driving like an idiot.. the commodore tried to overtake and my dad wouldnt let him.. he took the sxi to 170 and the commodore still cant overtake my dad.. so im thinking its not too bad..oh and it was auto as well.

low astra
1st March 2005, 01:33 AM
yeah i know the get up into the large side of the speedo ( test conditions private roads off corse ) :lol:

Namus
1st March 2005, 09:45 AM
haha blocking ppl on freeways; i do that a bit...if they're driving like dickheads swinging in and out of traffic

rjastra
1st March 2005, 01:35 PM
haha blocking ppl on freeways

Makes you no better than them... sorry... Let them pass. In fact doing so in NSW will no cop you a fine AND demerit points.

Namus
1st March 2005, 04:47 PM
haha blocking ppl on freeways; i do that a bit...if they're driving like **moderated** swinging in and out of traffic

read the post mate; i was talking about if they are 'swinging in and out of traffic"; referring to me in the left lane stopping them from cutting in and out.... :roll: :roll:

explain this; if i'm doin 100km/h (or say 110km/h), right, now there's no room in the left hand lane to merge over, but the guy on my ass is tailgaiting me that close i can smell his breath on me.....then when he passes me he is giving me the finger and shouting abuse at me even though i was 10km/h over the limit.....wat did i do wrong? this happens frequently, almost everytime i'm on a freeway (i sit in the left lane most of the time; never run under max speed limit) so wat did i do wrong?

so if i do get tailgaited matey, i'm not gonna move over; they should slow down....ppfft :roll:

low astra
1st March 2005, 05:33 PM
yeah thats true you get some real tossers on the western freeway sometimes i find them when im coming home sometimes the sit behind, flash the lights, try to hurry you up but if you at the limit stuff em just do as i do and turn on you rear foggies :D

Namus
1st March 2005, 06:09 PM
meh one day; western freeway; late night home; some jerk was following me home; left lane; had ALL OF THE RIGHT LANE to himself as far as the eye could see, and still was tailgaiting me (4WD)

pulled over to the RIGHT hand lane; let him pass; and can u believe it??!?! he was swearing, hand out the window giving me the finger....

i pulled in behind him; switched my high beam on and followed him down the freeway.....faggot

oneightoo
4th March 2005, 10:21 PM
get this, i was on the m5 late at night, no cars, i was driving in the right lane, dunno why i do that sometimes when theres no cars, this retard in a super cool vl toilet door (note sarcasm) starts tailgated me, flashing his high beams, and i'm like wtf, so i dont bother moving over, the git stays behind me, tis goes on for about 5kms, after a while i get annoyed so i slow down to about 80 in the 110 zone, and the moron start honking me.. so thats where i got this cool idea of turning my wipers on.. haha that made me laugh seeing him have to wipe the spray off his windows.. thats my new deterrant to gumball tailgaters who cant find the indicator, usually works.. lol

oneightoo
4th March 2005, 10:22 PM
get this, i was on the m5 late at night, no cars, i was driving in the right lane, dunno why i do that sometimes when theres no cars, this retard in a super cool vl toilet door (note sarcasm) starts tailgated me, flashing his high beams, and i'm like wtf, so i dont bother moving over, the git stays behind me, tis goes on for about 5kms, after a while i get annoyed so i slow down to about 80 in the 110 zone, and the moron start honking me.. so thats where i got this cool idea of turning my wipers on.. haha that made me laugh seeing him have to wipe the spray off his windows.. thats my new deterrant to gumball tailgaters who cant find the indicator, usually works.. lol

MiksOpel
5th March 2005, 12:37 PM
i can understand his frustration with you, your the driver who doesnt know why he drives in the right lane, couldn't you see he was fast approaching, and with common sence moved to your right lane?

Namus
5th March 2005, 01:24 PM
hang on there's a few things which need clearing up here....182, do u mean that u were driving in the right (as in correct) lane or right (as in right hand) lane?

if it was; Right (as in correct i.e. left hand lane) lane; then ok; the commy was a dickhead....

if it was: Right (as in right hand lane); then i don't understand why u didn't just move to ur left...

MiksOpel
5th March 2005, 03:41 PM
182, clearly he meant right lane as in directions, because following is:

dunno why i do that sometimes when theres no cars,

oneightoo
5th March 2005, 09:56 PM
ok i was in the right lane.. as in the one you use to overtake.. i was speeding.. no cars on the road, if the bogan had a problem with me not going fast enuff for him, he could have quite easily gone to the other lane.. when i say i dont why i sometimes drive there, it's more a case of, i cbf going back to the left lane, when there is no need as the road is dead, no cars..

rjastra
5th March 2005, 10:19 PM
ok i was in the right lane.. as in the one you use to overtake.. i was speeding.. no cars on thu

Go read your fricken road rules again. KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING... which bit don't you understand.

As i said previosly... not doing this can now earn you demerit points and a fine.

MiksOpel
6th March 2005, 12:31 AM
Also driving 15km/h UNDER the speed limit on certain/all? roads is a fineable offence

Namus
6th March 2005, 09:10 AM
see i can't take ppl up ur bum in the right lane IF u have no chance to get back inside or need to be in the right (i.e. for an exit or turn)

but if there's no need to be in the RHL then ur kinda asking for it..

oneightoo
6th March 2005, 01:29 PM
understand this.. there were no cars on the road.. so, why was the other car in the right lane.. ok fair enuff, we both shouldnt have been there, as far as fines o, it's up to the police officers disgression wether or not he books you, and after asking my cop mate, he said, he would only book someone if it was busy ie. not in the middle of the night with no cars..

rjastra
6th March 2005, 04:16 PM
why was the other car in the right lane.. ok fair enuff,

easy.. he was going FASTER than you and he expected you to move over...

oneightoo
6th March 2005, 05:25 PM
now your just nit picking..

rjastra
7th March 2005, 01:52 PM

LOL... it's the reason why your incident occurred!! :roll:

Anonymous
7th March 2005, 02:02 PM

omg u have no idea do you,

he had full rights to be driving in the right lane,..... to overtake you, he was faster!

KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING! :roll:

Dee
7th March 2005, 02:06 PM
hehehehe qld cops dont give fines for being in the right lane.

Anonymous
7th March 2005, 02:10 PM
if the bogan had a problem with me not going fast enuff for him, he could have quite easily gone to the other lane..

Undertaking is illegal :roll:

Namus
7th March 2005, 10:12 PM
hehehehe qld cops dont give fines for being in the right lane.

yeah thank god for that :roll:

oneightoo
8th March 2005, 09:25 PM
jaywalking is illegal, up until mid 2001 archery on a sunday in the ACT was illegal, it's just some laws arent enforced, as they are not worth worrying about.. also, undertaking is not illegal, it is only illegal if you are doing it dangerously.. and mr rjastra, i'll let you in on a little tip, inciting road rage is in fact illegal, tail gating is illegal, high beams with a car less than 200m in direct view in front of your vehicle is, guess what, strangely enough illegal..

Mr Cali
9th March 2005, 04:05 PM
I can't stand people that just sit on the right lane on a freeway for no reason, just because u CBF to change lanes why do other people have to go around you.

As far as I'm concerned you got what you deserved and more.

RudeOne
9th March 2005, 04:12 PM
wholy molly this post went completly off topic aye?

im might put it back inline
rob's (low astra) car goes quite well for a 1.8l - it likes to bounce back and forth off the red line.. doesnt it rob? i really like the way ur car does 3rd gear cherps...

Namus
9th March 2005, 06:56 PM
CAI hey? :P

rjastra
10th March 2005, 10:00 AM
and mr rjastra, i'll let you in on a little tip, inciting road rage is in fact illegal,

LOL... the problem is it was YOU who did it :) Are you not the one who deliberately sat in the right lane to piss this guy off? Anyone with the tiniest bit of commonsense would have moved to the left.

oneightoo
10th March 2005, 12:24 PM
no i didnt sit in the right to piss the guy off.. i was already there.. anyone with the the tiniest bit of common sense would go around if they wanted to go faster..