PDA

View Full Version : Opel OPC race car owner

Idareu
4th September 2018, 11:23 AM
Hey everyone! Quick intro, I just purchased a 2013 Opel Astra OPC that’s a stat write off so will be converting it into a circuit race car. Heading out to do some initial lap times at the end of the month with a stock car, will then start the performance mods to get it up and dancing.
They seem to mod these up a fair bit in Europe and I’m hoping there are a few suppliers here in Aus too. So, if you can help me out! I’m looking for suppliers of the go fast bits for these cars, so far I’ve really struggled to find a brake pad supplier, looking for race pads, not street pads.
If you can help me out, please let me know!
Looking forward to contributing to the group as we develop the car (and picking the brains of those that already know all the tricks!!)

dutchy
4th September 2018, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. For aftermarket brake pads, get in touch with GSL Rallysport. OE parts hit up Slimcraigie from Autovaux and go fast bits are easy to get from Europe through companies like EDS and Mathijssen Technics (Mtech). Choices are endless in Europe for these cars. End of financial year sales will be starting in Europe in about 3 months so that will give you plenty of time to prepare a shoppinglist. Turning is a different matter though and most used is the EDS ipf handheld, quite affordable too for the amount of tunes you get. Get a shortshifter from Mtech, you won't be disappointed.

Idareu
4th September 2018, 01:05 PM
That’s terrific, exactly what I was looking for! I’ll have a look online for how best to source from these guys, very happy to hear of mid year sales!
Sorry if I become a pain, you look to be quite into the mods for yours so I might pick your brain in the future!

guy 27
4th September 2018, 04:10 PM
Welcome to OA

Idareu
4th September 2018, 05:34 PM
Thanks!

VVRR44
5th September 2018, 03:42 PM
Which one did you buy? I saw the 2013 blue one on ebay that said the engine was modded, and the std 2015 Black one on Gumtree. My mate just blew the engine on his 2013 and was looking at both of these

Idareu
5th September 2018, 04:51 PM
Which one did you buy? I saw the 2013 blue one on ebay that said the engine was modded, and the std 2015 Black one on Gumtree. My mate just blew the engine on his 2013 and was looking at both of these

No I didn’t buy either of those, that said the blue one seemed to sell really cheap so long as the engine etc isn’t in bad shape. I considered both of those too but for parts as mine will be used for circuit racing.

I bought mine from a guy in Brisbane. Should be here the end of this week hopefully.

VVRR44
5th September 2018, 06:28 PM
No I didn’t buy either of those, that said the blue one seemed to sell really cheap so long as the engine etc isn’t in bad shape. I considered both of those too but for parts as mine will be used for circuit racing.

I bought mine from a guy in Brisbane. Should be here the end of this week hopefully.

May mate ended up buying the Blue 2013 from Sydney that was on ebay. The seller said lots of mods on the engine and sent a video of it running but will see when it arrives. Good luck with the racing. I do some time attack series at QR and lakeside and have not seen an OPC or Astra Turbo out there yet

Idareu
5th September 2018, 08:25 PM
May mate ended up buying the Blue 2013 from Sydney that was on ebay. The seller said lots of mods on the engine and sent a video of it running but will see when it arrives. Good luck with the racing. I do some time attack series at QR and lakeside and have not seen an OPC or Astra Turbo out there yet

Oh that’s cool, he got a great bargain IMO, let me know if he ends up stripping it down and is looking to sell off any of the parts.

Idareu
9th September 2018, 05:01 PM
Hopefully the picture of the car shows up in this post!

dutchy
9th September 2018, 11:52 PM
That looks interesting mate. Just out of curiosity, why was it a write-off ?

Idareu
10th September 2018, 01:27 AM
Water damage, not sure what it’s damaged as everything still works as it should on the car, no smell or dampness anywhere. The boot area of the car and the backseat look like they’ve never been used, like new.

dutchy
2nd October 2018, 10:23 PM
Water damage, not sure what it’s damaged as everything still works as it should on the car, no smell or dampness anywhere. The boot area of the car and the backseat look like they’ve never been used, like new.

Lucky find then :thumbs:

benzino
3rd October 2018, 05:24 PM
Do you know if the decals were factory fit, I haven't seen any like it before? I really like the way they look on the white

Idareu
3rd October 2018, 06:17 PM
Do you know if the decals were factory fit, I haven't seen any like it before? I really like the way they look on the white

Hey, no they aren’t factory, the guy I bought it from had it stickered up in what we’re going to be his race colours. I’m in Albury too, send me a PM!

Baldyjoe
8th April 2019, 04:22 PM
nice which track are you going to run at.