PDA

View Full Version : What kind of modifier are you?

Anonymous
17th February 2005, 11:15 AM
Looks like there is a bit of diversity amongst us when it comes to modifications of our cars.

Who can catergorise their interests?

Motor work?
Aesthetics?
ICE?
Opel Badges? :lol:

If I could catergorise myself, I'd have to say I would be somewhere amonst the first 3.

The only thing stopping me from putting my ideas into action is the mullah that would have to be involved.

Other than that, I'd love to stick an 11 second time slip up my mate with the rx3's a55. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jass
17th February 2005, 11:19 AM
I prefer motor work, i like the sleeper look, cant stand too much bling on cars! :mrgreen:

shaohaok
17th February 2005, 11:29 AM
it depends on the type of car i owned.

some cars i wouldn't bother :bang:
some cars i would mod for looks - VIP style :mrgreen:
some cars i would mod for power :twisted:

Mr Cali
17th February 2005, 11:32 AM
I go the first 3 aswell, probably more hardcore then most though.

As for badges, I like everything shaved and clean no badges on my car, would rather keep people guessing

RK
17th February 2005, 11:35 AM
definately Aesthetics for me :)

Anonymous
17th February 2005, 11:40 AM
Tai, you da man!

Interested in entering at autosalon in may? :P

lowey22
17th February 2005, 11:42 AM
motor work and aesthetics for me. mostly aesthetics currently as motor work is generally mroe expensive. if i had more dollars then motor work would b number 1. i would love to throw a bigger/better engine in or at least tubro mine up :evil:

cant say im much for badges at all, i removed all of mine, couldn't stand the holden crap. thought about replacing them with opel 1s, but i think it looks smoother without any...

i agree about too much bling. i saw this excel the other day, had stickers everywhere, a blue dragin painted down the side and one of those aluminium spoilers with metel struts on the back. funy thing was the spoiler had come off and just the struts were sitting there....

Bernard Siong
17th February 2005, 11:42 AM
I prefer motor work, i like the sleeper look, cant stand too much bling on cars! :mrgreen:
sleepers are MAD

definately Aesthetics for me :)
same

Anonymous
17th February 2005, 11:47 AM
motor work and aesthetics for me. mostly aesthetics currently as motor work is generally mroe expensive. if i had more dollars then motor work would b number 1. i would love to throw a bigger/better engine in or at least tubro mine up :evil:

cant say im much for badges at all, i removed all of mine, couldn't stand the holden crap. thought about replacing them with opel 1s, but i think it looks smoother without any...

i agree about too much bling. i saw this excel the other day, had stickers everywhere, a blue dragin painted down the side and one of those aluminium spoilers with metel struts on the back. funy thing was the spoiler had come off and just the struts were sitting there....

to tell you the truth, I can't justify spending money on the opel badge, grille, etc.

OPC grille is nice, but the opel flash itself isn't anything special.... might as well just keep my holden badging on. 8)

break
17th February 2005, 12:27 PM
Two things.

1. Motor

2. Things that make driving my car more enjoyable for myself (suspension, more comfortable seating etc)

Stereo used to be my main priority, but I got sick of the endless supply of wankers in the car audio scene who know nothing of the skill in car audio installation.

ultim8DTM5
17th February 2005, 12:42 PM
Probably the third one.

Motor work: when I have a better base to work with
Aesthetics: when I have a better canvas to paint on!

rjastra
17th February 2005, 01:42 PM
None of the above...

Suspension and tyres.
All the rest add very little to the driving experience

Namus
17th February 2005, 02:40 PM
Probably aesthetics (had to work hard on that one) and handling/ride comfort (suspension etc)

lowey22
17th February 2005, 02:47 PM
maybe it should be performance (inclusive of power, handling, etc)?

thats usually the question i ask myself, more power, better handling or make it prettier.

TRN-00N
17th February 2005, 02:48 PM
love the bling and the looks ..
if i was to go for motor work i wouldnt have this car

ultim8DTM5
17th February 2005, 02:54 PM

Bingo. I'm still trying to work out why I have this car :lol:

Anonymous
17th February 2005, 03:00 PM

Bingo. I'm still trying to work out why I have this car :lol:

because it will get you from a to be until you can buy a porsche in the very near future as your daily driver

and your 20b rx4 as weekend warrior :D

ultim8DTM5
17th February 2005, 04:02 PM
Ahhh yeeeeees thanks for reminding me :mrgreen:

mr_astra_retired
17th February 2005, 05:40 PM
Great topic Don !!

For me and the astra im goin for performance and aesthetics , dont really care about a system in this car , my old astra though copped subs, amps, etc

OPC
17th February 2005, 05:46 PM
me is like da car goes very fast yes yes

Turblue
17th February 2005, 06:12 PM
The way a car performs on the road.

Power and handling are the go for me.

EGG80X
17th February 2005, 07:08 PM
Track work- ie handling

Mr Cali
17th February 2005, 08:18 PM
Tai, you da man!

Interested in entering at autosalon in may? :P

Yeh i'll be there Don, might not be able to join the club display though, might have to represent a sponsor. We'll see once it gets closer.

Degen-Astra
17th February 2005, 09:04 PM
The way a car performs on the road.

Power and handling are the go for me.

Ditto for me.

The thing can look bog stock on the outside for all i care, the power, performance and handling is what i care about.

Anonymous
17th February 2005, 09:24 PM
im the kind of modifier that gets things done and dont talk B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T. :lol:

low astra
18th February 2005, 01:38 AM
well after 4 licences and thousands in fines i think im more up for asthetics and ice rather than performance, im sick of paying for the police christmas party

Namus
18th February 2005, 07:15 AM
think u should read the letter of the month in the latest issue of autosalon mag

YuSuF
18th February 2005, 03:00 PM
im the kind of modifier that gets things done and dont talk B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T. :lol:

I like your attitude!

SSS_Hoon
18th February 2005, 03:20 PM
well i would have to say the sleeper look for sure, coming from western sydney and all :lol:

SSS_Hoon

mrbenno
18th February 2005, 03:57 PM
I go for performance and handling first off, then looks if the budget permits.

Namus
18th February 2005, 04:35 PM

I like your attitude!

yeah i hate ppl who are like "i'm gonna do this, then this, then get this etc" and end up neva doing or hardly doin any of the mods they said....wat a load of c***....if i say i'm gonna get something i will....usually in less than four/five months max....otherwise i just shut up..

Anonymous
24th February 2005, 02:10 PM

I wish that was the case for me mate. Sometimes I conceptualise a new idea, but reality snaps back in, and those idea's become dreams.

I guess I've kind of taken a back seat to major mods for the moment. For me, now is all about refining what I have.

I'm not happy with my springs.... no shocks = dangerous, hence why I want coilovers.

The seats are crap, I bum shuffle from one side of the car to the other in corners.

I'm happy I'm getting some stero gear sorted now. My sub box ill be secured down, wiring looked at/repaired, small amounts of deadening. 8)

Alfonzo
24th February 2005, 06:18 PM
This car is purely asthetics. Specifically the Opel badges. My last car I did the 17" rims, tuned suspension, motor mods, and the ICE. It was good, but I don't see the Vectra as a car I can really make do fast, fast times or turn into a sports car. It's just fun. I wouldn't mind fitting the front and rear doors with some nice Alpine splits, but I'm content with the full Opel badging, and the K&N filter I've got coming in the post (should be here tomorrow, actually...)

SmellyTofu
24th February 2005, 08:18 PM
Wheels, suspension and badge. No other BS stuff except useful things.

frankie9fingers
27th February 2005, 02:12 AM
I'm the type of modder that goes by the saying "when it brakes, upgrade it".. so the new zorst is comming real soon, just gotta get rid of the credit debt from the "brake upgrade". well worth the $650 i spent on them!

Anonymous
27th February 2005, 07:11 AM
frank did u do ur rear end aswell :mrgreen: and i mean the car not ur ass

frankie9fingers
27th February 2005, 01:05 PM
yeah i did the lot!.. even my ass, had to replace the cheeks coz i wore them out sitting on the concrete getting the B@stards off! :lol:

Namus
27th February 2005, 05:26 PM
for $650 i'd hope so :?

Anonymous
27th February 2005, 07:46 PM
yeah i did the lot!.. even my ass, had to replace the cheeks coz i wore them out sitting on the concrete getting the B@stards off! :lol:

concrete PILES can be a painful thing when removed wrong :lol: