PDA

View Full Version : First timer looking for some K&N advice

Benno85
1st July 2018, 05:26 PM
Hi all, first time poster (and Astra owner) here looking for some guidance on K&N air boxes.

I have recently been gifted a 2008 AH SRi (naturally aspirated) and am hoping to do some minor mods to it. First up, I'm looking to change out the air box to a K&N something-or-other, but am getting too much conflicting info on what actual parts the car will accept.

On the K&N page, if I select 2008 AH Astra as the model, I really only get the replacement panel filter. If I change it to 2008 Opel Astra H I get a number of different options including the aftermarket air box and filter.

In a long winded way my question is.....am I safe in ordering the Opel Astra H parts for my Holden Astra?

Alternatively, of anyone can suggest any other air box upgrades that will suit I'd be happy to look at them 😊

guy 27
1st July 2018, 05:38 PM
Save your money on the k&n.

a better option for you is the intake scoop.

If this is still avalible you could make it fit into yours
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?41935-CDTI-airbox-with-80mm-spigot

Benno85
1st July 2018, 06:38 PM
Tight fit perhaps? Genuinely have no real idea at the moment but have heard many good things about the pipercross

dutchy
1st July 2018, 10:47 PM
As Guy said, save your cash cause if it's for performance, you wouldn't notice a thing. Go for the larger intake instead and if the standard airboxes can be derestricted just as with the Astra G srit, then that would be your best thing to do.