PDA

View Full Version : Astra TS 2004 indicator electrical fault Dash clicking.

Lordnos
24th June 2018, 01:02 PM
H i Our Astra TS 2004 makes clicking buzzing noise when normally would here buzz when leaving lights on etc. indicators intermittence ,fuel gauge flicked, and now indicators do not work, was going to change big yellow relay sensor in fuse box, the repco replacement part does not fit, any ideas as to why this is happening, was there a recall on the relay ??
Thank you in anticipation.

guy 27
24th June 2018, 07:13 PM
was never any recall on relay.

It does sound like the issue is with the indicator relay. I would start there.

Lordnos
25th June 2018, 02:45 PM
Thanks guy27 changed the relay at great expense over $100 from Bursons afraid the problem has not gone, on replacing relay every thing looked fine, indicators work fuel gauge etc took car for a short run after 300 metres fuel gauge dropped and indicators would not work, on tapping and prodding on fuse box got a clicking sound and things started working and then stopped after a few metres, did this a few times with same result.. where to from here?

guy 27
25th June 2018, 06:03 PM
Could be a bad earth on the fuse box. Bit hard to say without playing around with it sorry.

Lordnos
26th June 2018, 11:03 AM
Could be a bad earth on the fuse box. Bit hard to say without playing around with it sorry.

Thanks again Guy does seem like earthy problem, do you have method to get the fuse box out, I tried, undid 2 screw at top but could not work out how to get it in a position to look at back. ?