PDA

View Full Version : I'm new... don't hold it against me..

Tommi
16th February 2005, 02:54 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole Opel thing... I've just purchased a 04 Opel Astra SXI TS (1.8ltr 5sp),

It goes ok, I've scared a few more expensive cars already.. (Porsche Boxster S and Audi S4) ... I've found the Astra can certainly get moving if the launch and gear changes all come together correctly.

Anyhow.. I've heard that there is a turbo kit for the 1.8? is this true? And can anyone point me in the right direction for mags/body kits etc in the Brisbane area...

Also how do you guys put strut braces on ? I was going to look at purchasing one however when I poped the hood to have a look at the struts I couldn't find anything to bolt a brace to! :(

I have a Corolla Turbo as my 2nd car, however it feels like a tractor compared to my astra!

Dee
16th February 2005, 03:16 PM
[marq=left:fa5ce10390]WELCOME!!! http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif[/marq:fa5ce10390]

please feel free to come on any of out cruises... we love turbo's :)

we meet regualarly on thursday nights too

CAL.16V
16th February 2005, 05:09 PM
i can offer you bodykits at a cheap price although i am located in sydney but postage is not that expensive nayway....its much cheaper then buying locally :wink:

heres my selling page

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=2709

Degen-Astra
16th February 2005, 05:34 PM
Welcome mate.

Strut brace - you actually can fit one to the strut towers, just need to remove the rubber plates on the top and drill into the strut tower.
How to here - http://www.m1gst.com/site/pdf/Fit%20a%20Strutbrace.pdf

Tommi
16th February 2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys :)

My astra is actually non turbo, however I would love to buy a SRI turbo engine/box and loom .... however I don't see that happening in the near future :(

The Sentinel
16th February 2005, 09:20 PM
Hey Tommi!
Welcome aboard!

You might like to join us on Saturday.
(see the link in my sig.)

ecstasy
16th February 2005, 09:21 PM
hey welcome! as for scaring those cars what's the trick? do u point a gun at them? or they were sleeping and thus u beat them at the lights so they got scared.

gaero
17th February 2005, 07:31 AM
hey welcome! as for scaring those cars what's the trick? do u point a gun at them? or they were sleeping and thus u beat them at the lights so they got scared.

Hi Tommi welcome aboard ... a lot of people don't understand the SXy Astra's are something special :wink:

~Kupu~
17th February 2005, 08:14 AM
WElcome to opelaus :D you better join us brisbanites on some cruises ;)

Namus
17th February 2005, 01:19 PM
Where in bris u from mate? wat colour ur car?

welcome and hope u enjoy 8)

Make sure u join us on cruises

Anonymous
17th February 2005, 04:24 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole Opel thing... I've just purchased a 04 Opel Astra SXI TS (1.8ltr 5sp),

It goes ok, I've scared a few more expensive cars already.. (Porsche Boxster S and Audi S4) ... I've found the Astra can certainly get moving if the launch and gear changes all come together correctly.

Anyhow.. I've heard that there is a turbo kit for the 1.8? is this true? And can anyone point me in the right direction for mags/body kits etc in the Brisbane area...

Also how do you guys put strut braces on ? I was going to look at purchasing one however when I poped the hood to have a look at the struts I couldn't find anything to bolt a brace to! :(

I have a Corolla Turbo as my 2nd car, however it feels like a tractor compared to my astra!

umm, scared a s4?

welcome aboard

ecstasy
17th February 2005, 06:29 PM
i think that the S4 was pushing him thus he was infront of him. The only thing that the S4 driver was scared of, was to hurt him while doing this manouver :lol:

ultim8DTM5
17th February 2005, 07:54 PM
Boxster S is nothing to be sneezed at either...did you scare them with your ugly mug?

Hahaha just joking, anyways welcome to the board!

Anonymous
17th February 2005, 08:41 PM
welcome to the world of wacky wacky wackiness
:screwy:

Tommi
19th February 2005, 10:47 PM
hahaha funny guys hey :D

Well I put the Porsche down to bad driving, the guy is in a decent purpose built sports car which is capable to reach 100 within 5sec, I assume he had a bad launch.

As for the S4, its a friends car, and he caused $2500.00 damage to it during that race :P :twisted: hehehe now its all fixed and he wants race 2! ... but I have nothing to prove 8)

My Astra is silver/blue and it has tinted windows and air con YAY!!! I love aircon :oops:
As for the cruises.... maybe ... well see what happens.. I hope you guys have fun and safe drive down to Byron.

P.S: I find if you want to win races in a stocko Astra, you have to get your launch right, what I do is hold the clutch in, rev it at 2000-2500ish using the handbrake to keep the car from rolling and then sorta ride and drop the clutch and rev it out to 5500-6000rpm in 1st and 2nd and then make sure you get 3rd right, I'm not sure what revs it refuses to go in but if you get it right you should be able to keep up with most traffic light racers (besides insanely powered cars). :wink:

Namus
20th February 2005, 08:56 AM
Wat happened to the S4? how'd it cause the damage....or did u run it off the road? lol

as for ur driving tips, too bad i drive an auto...

Tommi
21st February 2005, 09:34 PM
S4 was having problems with boost and damaged the intake piping and some other bits.. when he gunned it off the lights. Ohwell.. its fixed and he wants a re-match ... you reakon I should have another go?

ecstasy
21st February 2005, 10:03 PM
yeah u should mate, but this time buy some popcorn and coke and enjoy the view from behind :D those S4's are bloody good toys.

Alfonzo
22nd February 2005, 06:41 AM
Welcome aboard, glad to see another Brisbane Opel owner come to the site :D

Namus
22nd February 2005, 01:22 PM
yeah grab some popcorn mate....no way an stock astra could beat an Audi S4 driven properly with no problems...

Tommi
23rd February 2005, 11:13 PM
Yeh I expect to loose haha, however if he stuffs up again... lightning doesn't strike twice!