PDA

View Full Version : Introduce myself

Strawman1234
14th May 2018, 12:38 PM
Hey guys,

My dad and myself have recently bought a 2003 astra sri turbo. I love the car as i had the 2.2lt as my first car.

Our plan is to turn take it to track days, hill climbs and actual events. We're new to doing this and would appreciate any help, tips or contacts that can get us to our end goal!!!

My first question is. Does anyone know good websites or companies to buy performance/aftermarket parts for the car.

Second- has anyone done this before and knows a good setup etc ( brakes, exhaust, turbo, suspension)

We live in brisbane and are more than happy to give a helping to people too!!!

Baldyjoe
14th May 2018, 03:57 PM
welcome im new to this site also hopefully you will find somebody to help there are a lot of these cars around so you should be able to get parts if not here then importing is the next opption.

Strawman1234
14th May 2018, 05:33 PM
Yeah there seems to be a few!!!

I wouldnt mind seeing what people think is the best option or what brands work best.

guy 27
14th May 2018, 06:50 PM
Welcome to OA

dutchy
15th May 2018, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. Oh, an Astra g sri-t, my favourite car ! Most bought their parts off German, Dutch and UK companies like EDS, Mtech, Autovaux, Courtenay and Regal. There are much more. Does you car already has some mods ?

sskustomz
15th May 2018, 05:12 PM
I can probably help out with a few things, depending how serious you want to get with trackdays. Whereabouts in brisbane are you??
Steffi
2 girls racing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strawman1234
15th May 2018, 07:00 PM
Awesome!!!!

We're looking at getting decent stuff but not breaking the bank.
What would you recommend or who?

sskustomz
15th May 2018, 07:47 PM
Have a look at chris_r’s build thread and mine to get some ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver Surfer
24th May 2018, 07:16 PM
Welcome