PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads for Astras

Colonel Sanders
24th February 2004, 02:22 AM
Ok, ok, i know wat ur saying, this topics been done b4, but i was wondering if anyone would recommend any brake pads at a reasonable price?

After recovering from my power window bill, i can finally start looking at brake pads. the EBC pads looks pretty good and has some good reviews, but i was wondering if i can purchase the pads at a shop and not over the net (dont want 2 use credit card anymore), hopefully at the same price mentioned in the "great deals" section.

Besides the EBC pads the only 1 i can find are Bendix and Lucus?, the later 1 im not 2 sure about, havent heard anyone mentioning bout them much. any opinions?

So besides the 1's mentioned, does anyone have a good alternative recommendation?

Thanks 4 any replies!!!

astrix
24th February 2004, 05:51 AM
I'm happy with the EBC street pads I fitted.
Tried to buy them locally. Eventually found a brake place that could supply them, but they wanted $165 so I ended up getting them off the net at $93.
Another pad available locally was Bendix Advance @$100, but haven't heard of anyone fitting these.

SmellyTofu
24th February 2004, 06:50 AM
Ferodo DS2500 is apparently good from what I hear from people who do the occasional track day and street use. I called up Race Brakes and they quoted me something like $300. However what you could do is to find the backing plates of the pads and get it a compound glued on.

I think Advance is the new compound after the ban on asbestos in Nov last yr. I "heard" Bendix is having issues with the non-asbestos low end pads.

I'm on the EBC street. Pedal feels a bit stiffer but not excessive. Still stops quite alright for what they are and similar to stock pads but without the initial bite of the stock ones. Lean on the pedal harder and it'll stop.

ultim8DTM5
24th February 2004, 10:09 AM
Ferodo DS2500s, Pagid Blue and Race Brakes RB74 are the only ones I'd consider :)

Colonel Sanders
24th February 2004, 11:39 PM
The Ebc pads sounds like the goer, where can i buy them from in sydney?

SmellyTofu
25th February 2004, 04:30 AM
Easiest place.. www.autospeed.com

Otherwise check out the www.ebcbrakes.com.au site for a stockist.