PDA

View Full Version : Castrol R Synthenic oil

NUTTTR
12th February 2005, 09:03 PM
I put some into my car today (in fact the whole 5 litres! 2.2l engine :)) and it seems pretty good, it's 5w-30 oil, so maybe a little thin (specs are 10-30) but seems ok, no more rattle on start up from the timing chain... It doesn't say anywhere that it's semi-synth, so i assumed it was a full synthetic... It says it's for "fast fours" and good for "turbo's"... it seems very slick because the idle seems smoother and quieter than before (anyone who has a 2.2L will recognise the light "knock" noise at idle with air/radio, etc off and windows up :))... it was $45 or something from auto one i think it is at hornsby... so thumbs up for now :)
Aaron

entice
13th February 2005, 09:11 AM
Have u tried Motul?
Running that in the Subie atm, and the bext change, the 2.2L gets it too..

FULLY SYNTHETIC, not fractioned down.

Namus
13th February 2005, 09:17 AM
i just use castrol magnatec...awesome stuff...

NUTTTR
13th February 2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah, motul is "expensive" and also not available in the 10-30 (or as close to that as i can get as the 2.2 gets timing chain rattle aparantly from mobil 1 synth, which made me wonder if i'd get it with this one, but i don't :))..> I'm tempted to try it, but for 7,000k's it's not worth it IMHO...
I've never had anything but problems with magnatec, i think it's just hyped up GTX2... personally
:)
Aaron