PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!!, My name is Brad and I've just purchased a 2004 Barina Sri.

Braddles
13th June 2017, 07:48 PM
Hello out there!!,
As stated Iv'e just bought a Barina Sri 2004 XC series, Corsa C.
I have noticed the traction control light does not come on, and does not appear to be operational either. I am very mechanically able, however have never worked on traction. I am wondering if there is anybody out there that could point me in the right direction to get it back online?
I have attempted to upload some pics. Hope all is good for all ..

dutchy
13th June 2017, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the forum Brad.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Braddles
13th June 2017, 09:25 PM
Thanks alot Dutchy
Glad I found this site.
Cheers!!

mattav
14th June 2017, 11:48 AM
Welcome! nice to see another last of the XC's with the updated bumpers & headlights :woohoo:

I've never seen m traction light come on either out of interest though I rarely loose traction (on purpose anyway)

Braddles
14th June 2017, 03:39 PM
Hey there Mattav,

Thanks for the feedback mate.

My concern is that the light does not come on when I first turn the ignition. I have read that it indicates a fault...?

A little confused as to where to start??

Cheers and once again thanks for the feedback.

mattav
14th June 2017, 03:43 PM
No worries, gotcha, I'll check if mine comes on when I start it up after work :)

mattav
14th June 2017, 03:53 PM
Quick reading up & seeing mixed info but sounds like the facelift (what you have with the updated front bumper/spoiler/grill & projector headlights) version dropped Traction Control?

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-27367.html

Braddles
15th June 2017, 11:12 AM
Quick reading up & seeing mixed info but sounds like the facelift (what you have with the updated front bumper/spoiler/grill & projector headlights) version dropped Traction Control?

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-27367.html

Het there mattav,
Yeah it seems that you may be right!!
Great detective work friend. Well that sorts that out 😂😂.

Thanks mate. Take care

And Beep Beep....

mattav
15th June 2017, 11:35 AM
haha all good!

I checked my car last night too, no lights on the dash at start up & no lights came on or interference (power loss) when breaking traction / doing a wheel spin on purpose :lol:

chris_r
16th June 2017, 12:07 AM
Welcome along, always good to see another Corsa C/Barina XC owner.

As for the traction control, or lack thereof, it comes down to the ABS unit installed in the vehicle. Earlier Corsa Cs used the Bosch ABS 5.3 units, these are the same as the ABS units used on the TS Astras. Later Corsa Cs used the newer Bosch 8 ABS systems, in which TC wasn't used in Aussie delivered models at least. I am aware of Bosch 8 equipped Corsas having TC on too, just not here. Same Bosch 8 ABS units were subsequently used in the Astra H models as well as the Corsa D. Trust me, I had to learn all this when I did my Z20LET conversion, as I used a loom from a UK specced Corsa C which had a different ABS system than mine.

On Bosch 5.3 ABS equipped models, you can easily wire a switch in to turn TC on or off anyway. Same hack probably works if you have a Bosch 8 unit too.