PDA

View Full Version : Replacement tinted glass

pd-xc-72464118
8th February 2017, 02:45 PM
Hi All

I'm cursed with fair skin and would like to get genuine tinted glass for my Corsarina.

My experience with adding the film to the glass is bubbly and not acceptable to me.

It's illegal to tint windscreens in Australia, isn't it?
Is it possible to get new tinted glass for a 12 year old car?
Any idea of a price range I'd be looking at?
Anyone seen a 2nd hand tinted window set at a wreckers or elsewhere?
What sort of cost mihgt I be looking at for a 2nd hand set?

Thanks guys
pd

dutchy
8th February 2017, 05:56 PM
Front cannot be tinted. I think what you are after does not exist. Window tint films are really good nowadays with lots of different materials and options, reasonably priced too. I paid under 200 dollars for a carbon tint, no bubbles and good warranty. Been on there for nearly 4 years and still as good as new.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

sskustomz
8th February 2017, 06:13 PM
+2, i have had all of my vehicles done by premier tint in classic black and none have a single bubble or issue. Two of them were done ten years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pd-xc-72464118
8th February 2017, 07:27 PM
Hi Dutchy, sskustomz. Thanks for that feedback and hope. I guess I was thinking of the DIY approach which I'm not confident would work too well.

I don't mean to denigrate the effect you have got with your choices BTW. My mind's eye was thinking of the (likely) DIY results I've seen out and about. I guess I've been probably thinking the good results are options when the cars are new but perhaps not!

I wonder what the best place in Melbourne might be.

Have either of you done the rear window?

guy 27
8th February 2017, 10:04 PM
Most dealerships outsource the work.

Depending where you are in Melbourne.
give these guys a call if you're in their area.
http://www.teppasgroup.com.au/teppas-tinting/

dutchy
8th February 2017, 11:36 PM
Rear window is done too. Front just can't be tinted. Check out some of the companies and what they offer. You do get what you pay for though..... but a good tint will last for years and years. Reduces uv as well as heat significantly. See the last page of the link in my signature, will show a pic of the sides tinted.

ROCCO
11th February 2017, 09:00 AM
just adding my 2 cents.....I know for a fact that places like Mitsubishi outsource there work to Tint Professor (in Vic) not sure about other manufacturers I have seen a few guys in other states tint there windscreen and all is good until you get busted by the cops...