PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Calibra

rodsfromday
12th January 2017, 06:49 AM
Hey
Its been a while since i posted after losing the Astra to an accident. Been more into the BMW scene of late. But i do have a soft spot for my Opels. Just wanting to know. I can get a Calibra for about $300. The car says car goes but has been standing for a while. Sunroof needs re aligning apparently. I have still to go and view the car. I would like to get it to a point where either my wife, daughter or son can just jump into it and drive without fear of breaking down. I want to have it in perfect driving condition. Is it doable without spending a fortune,would like to turbo also, or do i just look for an Astra SR-T? Budget around 5K or am i dreaming?
Thanx guys

Gsi_Bryce
12th January 2017, 01:32 PM
Hey, I have been through a few variants of Opel's my faverite being the corsa b currently building one for track use, this runs the c20xe (pre ecotec calibra motor) I have also owned an Astra sri turbo was an awesome car 5k will get you one in good condition they are a strong engine and run great with regular servicing (like anything) also produce decent power as factory, I have 3 Calibras 2 NA C20xe and I FI C20LET 2 of 3 are wrecks I have parted out mostly for myself and the track build car but one of the NA Calibra I have is in good condition just has a water leak the car owes me $400 and have spent $300ish on parts (timing belt, waterpump & core plugs) haven't had a chance to do the work yet but plan on getting it on the road and try to re sell to someone that can enjoy it, point being is that I see potential in them and if regular maintence is carried out and it's well looked after it will last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk