PDA

View Full Version : Help... and advice sri-t

Riggsy
4th January 2017, 04:32 PM
Hi guys, I seen somewhere on here I'm sure that there is a line around the the intake that you can block which prevents the turbo bleeding off at low throttle and gives full boost in 1st and 2nd...... has anyone done it? Is it worth it.... pros and cons?
Can't find the tread anywhere and I'm new to turbos. Any advice would be much appreciated, cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raisin
4th January 2017, 09:08 PM
Look up "rear BCS bypass" for more info. Lot's of guys do it, but my personal opinion is that it's only really worth it on a stock one. Once you start making bigger power it's just too much for first and 2nd anyway and it ends up just spinning tires and making it hard to get any traction.

Riggsy
4th January 2017, 10:50 PM
Look up "rear BCS bypass" for more info. Lot's of guys do it, but my personal opinion is that it's only really worth it on a stock one. Once you start making bigger power it's just too much for first and 2nd anyway and it ends up just spinning tires and making it hard to get any traction.

Awesome, that's the one!! Mines a stocker ATM, only just bought it so am keen to give it a go. Should give me the bit of oomf for a few weeks till I get the funds back up. Will defs put it back after some more work.
Thanks heaps!!

dutchy
5th January 2017, 01:17 PM
Leave it alone, not really worth it and not giving the oomf you might expect. Get a stage 1 tune instead.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Riggsy
5th January 2017, 01:43 PM
Leave it alone, not really worth it and not giving the oomf you might expect. Get a stage 1 tune instead.

Haha just did it lol wasn't expecting any power gains, but solved a hissing noise I was hearing... some of the vac lines were perished and broken, hiss is now gone, the annoying boost bleed at low throttle % is gone and the loud turbo flutter is now a softer cleaner whoosh... but still loud enough to satisfy. Overall I'm very happy with the change in drivability. Will definitely keep me satisfied till the funds build up for an exhaust and tune.
Somehow I feel the poor Clubby will have to wait a while for its parts as I'm really finding this Sri-t a fun little machine

dutchy
5th January 2017, 09:08 PM
Those lines, specially the sleeves, will dry out and crack over time. A few meters of new vac lines will sort that out.