PDA

View Full Version : Newby from the Gold Coast.... Hi

Riggsy
2nd January 2017, 09:36 AM
Hi,

First time forum joiner, first time turbo owner and first time hatchback owner.

A few weeks ago I decided to retire my VZ Clubsport to the garage and become my project car, she's been a faithful daily for 7 years.

So the painstaking task of finding a new daily that was cheap enough but also fun enough to keep me satisfied started, almost impossible as I didn't want to spend too much. Come across an '03' Astra Sri Turbo with low km's.... never thought much of small cars!! After a test drive I was surprised, awesome little thing with good power.

Still wasn't convinced so I googled and found this forum and done a heap of research.... anyways I got the car and love it, yes I miss my LS2 but also already planning on a few mods for the 'Astroid' before I start on the clubby lol

Figured I'd join the forum seeing you all have so much knowledge and love for these cars soooo thanks for accepting me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dutchy
2nd January 2017, 09:58 AM
Welcome to the forum. The sri-t can be a very quick car indeed specially with a tune.

Riggsy
2nd January 2017, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the forum. The sri-t can be a very quick car indeed specially with a tune.

Cheers!!!

I can see that already, it has great package to start with and handles surprisingly well as well. I've checked out flash tunes and they are claiming pretty good gains.

guy 27
2nd January 2017, 10:46 AM
Welcome to OA

Riggsy
2nd January 2017, 11:03 AM
Welcome to OA

Cheers mate

Silver Surfer
3rd January 2017, 09:55 AM
Welcome