PDA

View Full Version : Thought?? Anyone Tried Them?? Spark Plugs??

Purplehazeffc
9th December 2016, 08:55 PM
Has anyone either seen these before or have even tried them??

I was doing a bit of googling, as you do. About running the Z18XE on E10 fuel. And these came up. http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/spark-plug-to-ethanol-e85-engines/holden/astra-ts-1-8l-with-z18xe-engine-serial-nr-

I am already running Denso Iridium Twin Tip plugs. Which as made quite a difference I must add
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DENSO-IRIDIUM-TWIN-TIP-SPARK-PLUGS-HOLDEN-BARINA-XC-1-8L-Z18XE-4-CYL-IK20TT-X-4-/400838086697?hash=item5d53cfd029:g:XH8AAOSwuMFUl36 K

They do mentioned that they are also good for normal fuel as well, not just Ethanol blend.

Interesting or as they say "Just Bullsh!t"

Bobec
9th December 2016, 10:10 PM
Maybe a good excuse for a run on a dyno to do a before and after comparison? 😁 Seat of the pants suggestions might be misleading when your talking a few percent but you never know 👍

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

dutchy
10th December 2016, 02:43 PM
Hmmm, sceptic here. wouldn't the extra power be due to ethanol ? couple that with a hi-clone and you'll see even more gains :out: but you can always try and get a before and after dyno

pd-xc-72464118
5th January 2017, 05:26 PM
I expect the ethanol would be a big factor in the power boost. The only problem would be the loss in efficiency in that E85 apparently provides a substantial power boost, but requires more fuel to go the same distance (and not necessarily just because us drivers get excited and a bit lead footed).

Whether those sparks can deliver those claims is one thing, but AFAIK E85 is a genuine option in many scenarios now. United sell it and the V8 Dodgemcars use it. The boys from MightyCarMods did a very good video on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltWcgiCm4NY

faneca
6th January 2017, 03:33 PM
I expect the ethanol would be a big factor in the power boost. The only problem would be the loss in efficiency in that E85 apparently provides a substantial power boost, but requires more fuel to go the same distance (and not necessarily just because us drivers get excited and a bit lead footed).

Whether those sparks can deliver those claims is one thing, but AFAIK E85 is a genuine option in many scenarios now. United sell it and the V8 Dodgemcars use it. The boys from MightyCarMods did a very good video on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltWcgiCm4NY
I get 270kms to a tank on E85 city driving 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
400 on 98Ron

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

dutchy
6th January 2017, 03:37 PM
I get 270kms to a tank on E85 city driving 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
400 on 98Ron

[emoji14] WOW, 270 ks only?!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

faneca
6th January 2017, 03:39 PM
Yes sir. That's including warming up every time I drive and some spirited acceleration most chances I get.
But yes E85 twin pumps and 1000cc injectors makes little work of the fuel. Still last me 2 weeks tho

pd-xc-72464118
7th January 2017, 01:26 AM
Hi Feneca

That's very interesting. Which car are you driving when you get these figures? The VXR or Astra in your post signature?

Sounds a bit like the 30-40% drop in economy though maye you could wax 300 out of a tank with a little less kick behind your right foot? :)

pd-xc-72464118
7th January 2017, 01:30 AM
FWIW, in case you've not seen it, I started this thread:

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?41110-E85-my-Corsarina-(x)C-now

You guys might be interested in contributing? Would be good to read your thoughts.

faneca
7th January 2017, 12:36 PM
That 270 was to a full tank with refuelling just before the light would normally come on in the VXR. So could probably make it to 300 at a stretch. But below a quarter of a tank I noticed everytime i started the car after a drive it out out a plume if smoke. Which stopped happening once I filled it up again.

My car is making 300+kwatw and has a twin 380lph fuel pumps along side a 340lph in tank. So it's pumping a fair amount t of fuel. That also is unlikely to help me lol

DRMAT
17th January 2017, 01:21 PM
On the odd occasion i've run it in my SSV-Redline (OTR, extractors, exhaust and tuned) i drop from 450kms/tank on 98 to 300kms on e85 for really SFA power gain, you feel it but nothing to write home about. In a turbo car, and tuned for it, you get good gains but NA it's nowhere near worth the extra expense!
There's also no such thing as magic spark plugs that will give you extra power!

dutchy
17th January 2017, 04:23 PM
On the odd occasion i've run it in my SSV-Redline (OTR, extractors, exhaust and tuned) i drop from 450kms/tank on 98 to 300kms on e85 for really SFA power gain, you feel it but nothing to write home about. In a turbo car, and tuned for it, you get good gains but NA it's nowhere near worth the extra expense!
There's also no such thing as magic spark plugs that will give you extra power!

Should have added a hiclone (up to 25% or so less fuel usage and about 15% more power according to the television advertisement) :lol::lol::lol:

DRMAT
18th January 2017, 06:12 PM
Might as well chuck in one of Brocky's Polarisers as well!

dutchy
18th January 2017, 11:03 PM
Might as well chuck in one of Brocky's Polarisers as well!

:steve: