PDA

View Full Version : QLD road rules set to sink to the rest of the nations low

BoostedAstra
9th February 2005, 01:28 PM
No offence to the southerners but QLD rules are going like yours:

latest 'The Road Ahead' RACQ magazine today, and there is an article on page 5 about a raft of new road rules (75!) to bring Queensland into line with nationally consistent road rules.

Some are quite reasonable but these two are just stoopid

"If the driver is going to be more than 3m from the vehicle, the driver must switch off the engine. The driver must now remove the ignition key if no one over 16 years of age is staying in the vehicle."

And the one that really takes the cake?
"The doors of the vehicle must be locked if there are no passengers remaining in the vehicle. ($30 fine)"

Revenue raising has just hit new heights. Or lows...

Is this aimed squarely at ppl on cruises and cops now having more ability to stuff ya over?

Dee
9th February 2005, 01:35 PM
REVENUE RAISING!!!!

sucks doesnt it julian.. some of them are already laws, they just arent enforced cos noone knows about them

dazza015
9th February 2005, 01:51 PM
Damn revenue raising :evil: <shakes head>

RK
9th February 2005, 01:53 PM
I dont think we have that crap here :?:

DrDevil
9th February 2005, 02:27 PM
meh, i dont care cos i usually follow those rules anyway. It helps prevent car thefts (locking doors and removing keys) and basically outlaws turbo-timers and remote starts.

Namus
9th February 2005, 03:46 PM
yeah saw that on ACA a few months bak...stupid really.....but u must see the point though about being common sense and stopping ur car from being stolen...if u did those things and ur car got nicked, u'd wouldn't be complaining....and no, i'm not advocating the blatant revenue raising occuring here

BoostedAstra
9th February 2005, 03:50 PM
I understand that it can help with theft, if only the police enforce it, which means that almost every deliver driver would get fined, as would most ppl on work sites. The thing is they don't and the police reserve the right to use it only when they see fit, which usually means it would only be used when encountering car cruises and the like.

Julian

Namus
9th February 2005, 03:56 PM
well mate, specify wat ur trying to say.....there's a problem with enforcement and the police force; not the laws....i take it that's wat ur trying to say...

Dee
9th February 2005, 03:57 PM
julian is it possible to get the page scanned or have it in here so we can all have a look at the new stupid laws.

we get one road ahead sent to our house (3 members) and it always gets thrown out b4 i get to see it

Mr Cali
9th February 2005, 04:47 PM
I dont think we have that crap here :?:

Unfortunately we do, but as others have pointed out it's no enforced very often. If a cop really wants to give u a fine, I'm sure they could pull a legislation out somewhere that they could sting you on.

BTW leaving your car with the windows down is illegal aswell.

Dee
9th February 2005, 04:49 PM
and leaving anyone in the car for more than 3 minutes while filling up at the petrol station... even with all the windows down .... thats a $30 fine

NUTTTR
9th February 2005, 07:01 PM
Sorry i don't care if other people have it (i guess we must?!!) They are retarded laws IMHO, revenue raising at it's best, they are giving the cops more opportunity to book us for stupid mindless things... I've left my car unlocked plenty of times when going into servo's, buying fish and chips, etc, on a hot day i do leave my windows down, i just make sure there is nothing that can be grabbed from the car! I don't leave my key's in there, that would be stupid, but without my key, they can't start my car and drive it, so what's the deal? I think this just goes to show how great and "free" our society is these days....

Nem
10th February 2005, 02:26 AM
At best they're just more laws to protect idiots from themselves IMHO.

NUTTTR
10th February 2005, 08:30 AM
At best they're just more laws to protect **moderated** from themselves IMHO.

I still don't understand why as a society we have to be penilised because some people are so stupid sometimes....
I even say at work, we are there to protect the stupid from themselves...

BoostedAstra
10th February 2005, 09:37 AM
Donna,

sorry no scanner to upload, worse case I'll bring it along to a cruise for you guys to have a look at....

Julian

Dee
10th February 2005, 10:08 AM
cheers Julian :) is it the most recent one.. liek one you got this week.. cos i asked mum to keep it if it does come in

Namus
10th February 2005, 02:11 PM
yeah i got copy too, and i scanner i'll try to upload....