PDA

View Full Version : Seat replacement/retrimming

Pedals
15th August 2016, 02:46 PM
Hi Guys,

The drivers bucket in my Corsa is starting to show signs of a life lived. The seat bolster is disintegrating and the the steel frame can be felt through the foam now.

Have others had this problem? How did you resolve it?

I was thinking about putting in sparco/recaro/omp seats, but looking at the sub-frame and rails with the belt pre-tensioner, it looks to be more trouble than reward. I imagine that decent quality SRi seats are hard to find in a wreckers yard.

Thanks,

chris_r
15th August 2016, 02:49 PM
Whereabouts are you located? I have a spare set of Corsa SRi seats here in good nick.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Pedals
15th August 2016, 02:59 PM
A thousand miles away in Perth :RollingEyes:

chris_r
15th August 2016, 03:25 PM
A thousand miles away in Perth :RollingEyes:
Well that sucks. Your other option is to get some Astra G/TS seats. Then you could get leathers out of a SRi-T too. There's a little bit of fiddling around to make them fit though.

pd-xc-72464118
26th August 2016, 01:59 PM
chris_r I'd possibly consider travelling to SA for a good set of seats, LOL.
Pedals Are you getting any squeeking? My seat is starting to squeek like a budgie due to my huge G forces driving style (LOL). Hoping it's not heading towards a mounting issue as already had that problem with my old VH Commodore many years ago Would be annoying to repeat history.

chris_r
26th August 2016, 02:03 PM
pd-xc-72464118, you may not even have to travel to Adelaide. I'm planning on heading to Melbourne on the 1st weekend in October.

pd-xc-72464118
26th August 2016, 07:33 PM
pd-xc-72464118, you may not even have to travel to Adelaide. I'm planning on heading to Melbourne on the 1st weekend in October.

Holy shoot chris_r, that's mega news. Are you bringing the Corsa or vanning it? Would be cool to meet up :)

chris_r
1st September 2016, 11:43 PM
Holy shoot chris_r, that's mega news. Are you bringing the Corsa or vanning it? Would be cool to meet up :)

Plan is to take the Corsa. There's a series of things I need to do first before I take it across. At this point, I am keen on making the trip, but hopefully my bank account will let me. If I don't take the Corsa, then it's likely to be in the Transit. The main purpose of the trip is pretty much to catch up with a few people and get away from the BS that I've been dealing with in the last couple of months. As for meeting up, I'm yet to work out details.

dutchy
2nd September 2016, 08:14 PM

If you and the Corsa can make it to Melbourne On Friday September 30 any time of the day, I might have a surprise for you (and the Corsa...) :arf:

chris_r
2nd September 2016, 08:19 PM
If you and the Corsa can make it to Melbourne On Friday September 30 any time of the day, I might have a surprise for you (and the Corsa...) :arf:
Doubt I could get there on the Friday, as it'll cost me money to take a day off work and unfortunately, I can't afford that at the moment. F*** being a contractor.

dutchy
2nd September 2016, 08:32 PM
Doubt I could get there on the Friday, as it'll cost me money to take a day off work and unfortunately, I can't afford that at the moment. F*** being a contractor.

So i'll miss that sweet Corsa by just a few hours !!!

pd-xc-72464118
6th September 2016, 03:07 AM
Sounds like fun times ahead near the end of this month :)