PDA

View Full Version : Fumoto Oil Valve

Tommy au
18th July 2016, 01:16 PM
Wonder if anyone uses a Fumoto Oil Valve? Been thinking of getting one to use on my 06 AH Astra Z18XE. Would make changing oil so damn easy. :)

cloudy
18th July 2016, 02:27 PM
Wonder if anyone uses a Fumoto Oil Valve? Been thinking of getting one to use on my 06 AH Astra Z18XE. Would make changing oil so damn easy. :)

We've fit fumoto valves in a few of our cars, between me and my mates.

Well worth the money just to make life a little easier, although certainly something you can live without if you can find better ways to spend $45 or whatever it costs. But it does make oil changes a more pleasant experience so the only pain in the arse part after that is getting the filter out. I can reach under the car without jacking it up, pull off the safety clip and flick the valve and the oil just comes out.

The one I have has an extended nipple so you can fit a tube to it. What I do is fit a little oil pump bottle to the other end of a tube and pump away directly into an old oil container so we've completely forgone letting old oil pour into an oil pan.

chris_r
18th July 2016, 08:48 PM
Frigging awesome idea these are. I have one on the Z20LET in the Corsa. Even without the extended nipple, it's a fairly clean process now too. Bonus is, you can drain the oil hotter so it'll drain faster too. As cloudy said, well worth the coin.

Here's the one on my Z20LET. Yes, I am aware the flex joint in the downpipe has a bit of fuzz hanging off it. Stupid TX Autosport piece of crap.
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/chris_110980/DSC_0077_zpsugip6poy.jpg

adam_92
18th July 2016, 11:22 PM
Id be scared of smashing it off

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Tommy au
19th July 2016, 12:17 PM
ok, that's it! I'm getting one. Thanks chris_r and cloudy for replys and adam_92 that did cross my mind. I noticed on chriss's that his valve is protected by exhaust. Also for an extra $5.00 they will give nipple extension to allow hose fitting.

chris_r
19th July 2016, 03:11 PM
Id be scared of smashing it off

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Where the oil drain is positioned, if you somehow manage to smash it off, you would have a lot more to worry about than your motor soon transitioning from functional to a Hyundai D4CB.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk