PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the other side of the world!

Maarten
4th July 2016, 07:43 PM
Hello everyone!

Excuse me for any grammar or spelling mistakes as English is not my first language.

I stumbled upon this forum looking for info on Google, so i might aswel register here to see the full content!

I'm Maarten, living in the Netherlands, close to the German border. Opel is a big brand here, and in Germany as well.

Currently driving an '99 Astra G, X16XEL 3-door hatchback. The car isn't very special or mention worthy. Im in the run of buying an Astra H GTC, but still considering the 1.8 (Z18XER) or the 2.0T (Z20LER). I also have an eye out for an Astra H OPC (Z20LEH), but for those i keep an track of the German car listings as they aren't very common in the Netherlands (or very expensive when one comes on sale). The Germans keep their cars tidier as the dutch as well, and the cars are cheaper in Germany. So when i buy an Astra H, i will probably import it from Germany ;)

Alse pre-owned an '02 Vectra C Z18XE on LPG, had to sell it though, as it got to expensive for me. (Road tax is based on Fuel-type and weight of the vehicle. Because LPG is reasonably cheap here, the roadtax is higher for LPG fueled vehicles)

I'll probably be an huge lurker :smile5:

If you have questions, hit me up ;)

Maarten

guy 27
4th July 2016, 08:12 PM
Welcome to OA

chris_r
4th July 2016, 08:34 PM
Welcome to OA Maarten. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Silver Surfer
4th July 2016, 08:40 PM
Welcome

dutchy
4th July 2016, 09:22 PM
Welkom Maarten :)

Maarten
4th July 2016, 09:32 PM
Thanks all!

Welkom Maarten :)
Verrek, niet de enige Nederlander hier dus :lol:

dutchy
4th July 2016, 09:38 PM
Thanks all!

Verrek, niet de enige Nederlander hier dus :lol:
Nee, je komt die verrekte Nederlanders ook overal tegen :-D Ik woon in Aus.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Maarten
4th July 2016, 09:45 PM
Nee, je komt die verrekte Nederlanders ook overal tegen :-D Ik woon in Aus.

Klinkt goed! Kun je volgens mij ook beter zijn als met het rotweer dat we hier hebben haha.

faneca
4th July 2016, 09:54 PM
Welcome along matey!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Maarten
4th July 2016, 10:22 PM
Thanks faneca !

Maarten
4th July 2016, 10:38 PM
I'm wondering, are Holden and Opel both used in Australia? As i see both brands being used here on the forum.

dutchy
4th July 2016, 10:52 PM
Klinkt goed! Kun je volgens mij ook beter zijn als met het rotweer dat we hier hebben haha.

I'll switch back to English cause otherwise chris_r thinks the Dutch are talking about stealing his Corsa. Just got back from a month in Holland but am glad to be back home.

Maarten
4th July 2016, 11:22 PM
I'll switch back to English cause otherwise chris_r thinks the Dutch are talking about stealing his Corsa. Just got back from a month in Holland but am glad to be back home.

Well, i've been raised with one task: stealing some Australian guy's Corsa. Time is running out chris_r.
dutchy, you don't like holland?

chris_r
4th July 2016, 11:26 PM
Well, i've been raised with one task: stealing some Australian guy's Corsa. Time is running out chris_r.
dutchy, you don't like holland?

Haha, you'd have to find me first. Adelaide's about as much as clue I'll give you. I know if dutchy managed to steal it, he'd get about 50 metres down the road before he gives in to the urge to pull over to side of the road, lift the bonnet and errr.. If you know dutchy, you know the rest, lol.

dutchy
4th July 2016, 11:29 PM
That Corsa houses a sexy z20let taken off an Astra OPC. unless you're into tripple Dutch Rudder.... nahh, im not going to share. I do like Holland but home is right here in Australia. Go back 2 or 3 times per year so cam visit family while there and drop some parts in my suitcase too :-D

Maarten
4th July 2016, 11:43 PM
That Corsa houses a sexy z20let taken off an Astra OPC. unless you're into tripple Dutch Rudder.... nahh, im not going to share. I do like Holland but home is right here in Australia. Go back 2 or 3 times per year so cam visit family while there and drop some parts in my suitcase too :-D

Do you take parts with you because of a price difference or availability?

dutchy
4th July 2016, 11:48 PM
Both, or the hard to get parts or sometimes I swap parts like an Australian Holden grill for a Euro Opel grill. All depending on availability weight and size. Obviously I also use the Dutch equivalent of Gumtree (marktplaats)

Maarten
5th July 2016, 12:00 AM
How is the car-scene (especially Opel/Holden) over there in Australia?

dutchy
6th July 2016, 02:14 PM
Haha, you'd have to find me first. Adelaide's about as much as clue I'll give you. I know if dutchy managed to steal it, he'd get about 50 metres down the road before he gives in to the urge to pull over to side of the road, lift the bonnet and errr.. If you know dutchy, you know the rest, lol.

You're spot on Chris, given the opportunity i'd be all over that engine literally and physically :) Got my ways to get my hands on that Corsa..... i'd call a certain courier to pick up a parcel on the other side of town and the rest is history

dutchy
6th July 2016, 02:15 PM
How is the car-scene (especially Opel/Holden) over there in Australia?

Welcome to the Opel forum Maarten :)

JohnBu
8th July 2016, 10:36 AM
Welcome.

What's involved in buying a car from Germany and registering it in the Netherlands?

dutchy
8th July 2016, 12:38 PM
Same basically as registering a QLD car in NSW