PDA

View Full Version : Repairing damaged wheels

lowey22
7th February 2005, 04:33 PM
Has anyone ever had their wheels repaired? Recently I moved up north and my car went on the train. One of the wheels seems to have been damaged, but it didnt show until just recently. I think they damaged it and then a bit chipped off after, so I don't think i will b able to claim against them sucessfully...

Anyways I was just wondering if anyone has had theirs repaired, if it is fixed perfectly or if it is still noticable and also how much it cost? I've got shadow chromes. The chip is about 1cm wide by 1.5cm long...

ultim8DTM5
7th February 2005, 05:07 PM
Where are you located?

lowey22
7th February 2005, 05:10 PM
Townsville

HDTDude
7th February 2005, 05:43 PM
whoa chrome shadow is hard to match again u will never get that wheel to match your other 3
cause everytime it gets painted its different mixture

lowey22
7th February 2005, 05:46 PM
gee thanks. not very optimistic? anyone else?

ultim8DTM5
7th February 2005, 06:21 PM
See if you can get in touch with the manufacturer of the wheel, or your point of purchase.

It is difficult to match however it will look better than the damage already done. Contrary to what HDTDude says, only the scratch will have to be repaired and painted, not the whole wheel.

frankie9fingers
7th February 2005, 06:21 PM
just got mine done after some1 t-boned the rear of my car. they matched it up pretty good. no complaints from me.

lowey22
8th February 2005, 09:45 AM
aight, sounds good. my heart is lightened with this news.

Frankie - where did u get it done? a wheel place, the mechanics, panel beater or what?

Thanks

ultim8DTM5
8th February 2005, 10:28 AM
Wheel place would send them off somewhere I imagine.

Panel beater would be likely, as they sand back the scratch, fill it then paint.

frankie9fingers
8th February 2005, 05:06 PM
I'm from MElbourne so my pannel beater sent it off to Advance wheels.

Namus
8th February 2005, 07:33 PM
what did it cost u more importantly

macca
8th February 2005, 08:01 PM
theres a chap in thornleigh hes meant to be ace, think he said 60 a wheel depending on damage of course, hes in pioneer avenue look him up on www.yellowpages.com.au ;)

frankie9fingers
8th February 2005, 08:30 PM
absolutly nothing as i wasn't at fault with the accident. so there goes that up in smoke! i had a previous scratch on it around the rim (guttered) and they quoted me $80. if that helps