PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Folks!

davbos
23rd May 2016, 03:04 PM
I'm a new member and looking forward to some help. I bought my wife a new Astra CDTI manual Hatch in 2014 as part of the great Opel sell off that was taking place in W.A. We both really love the car and were extremely happy with the ride and economy. We decided to move to melbourne to be closer to family drove across after selling and buying houses late last year. Prior to leaving I thought it would be a good idea to get a remap for better yet economy, a little less turbo lag and a bit more power out of the 2.0ltr diesel. It was a nice job to start with, I got all of those things but then a couple of weeks after arriving in victoria things started heading south. I noticed that intermittently it belched out a thick dose of white smoke. Power wasn't effected and it didn't last long but re-occured consistently after about 10mins or so after it started. I know of the regen but that was switched off during the remap and the the filter removed. I removed the ecu when I had to fly back to Perth and had the tuners check all of the parameters to see that the now unnecessary functions had been switched off, it made no difference. When its cold I can drive it for 60km without a problem, but once it starts it continues. It has a bit of white crank case vapour (oily) when it does this otherwise nothing. Long story short i'm looking for someone in Melbourne who knows these cars and can help. I have thought of turbo seals and other things but my gut tells me it is related to some regulating function on the engine management system because of its intermittent nature. i just got it serviced and have done maybe 1000km since.the dash menu tells me oil life is down to 28 percent already, but the oil is clean on the dipstick and not using any. soot level was at 104 percent at time of service but the is no particular filter at present,it being removed at the time of tuning. can anyone help? My wife is well displeased, the car has only 30,000 km on it.

guy 27
23rd May 2016, 03:56 PM
Welcome to oa

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Silver Surfer
23rd May 2016, 04:37 PM
Welcome

dutchy
23rd May 2016, 05:30 PM
welcome to the forum. with regards to your oil life percentage, that is based on time rather than condition of the oil. they might not have reset your service interval date.

davbos
24th May 2016, 11:35 AM
Hi dutchy. The service interval had been reset but plummeted at an alarming rate over the next few drives ie i started at 68 percent and finished on 28 percent after 40 km of driving. I need one of those hard to find opel gurus with all the software tools. Do you know of any?

dutchy
29th June 2016, 12:10 AM
davbos , you can go to any Holden dealer and they will fix that for you without any charges. You can also reset oil life yourself (anyway on my Astra I can).