PDA

View Full Version : Hot air coming in .....

smart770
15th May 2016, 07:18 PM
Hi All, I've a 2012 Opel Astra Sport (J Series) and despite the temp controls set to lowest level the air that enters the car appears to be quite warm. Too warm to be normal...and the outside temp is about 15C. So what could be causing this? Any help/suggestions welcome. Preferably something that I can fix/alter without going to Holden.
Thank you...

Steve

dutchy
15th May 2016, 08:56 PM
That is with aircon (and blower) off ? Pretty normal, my Astra does the same and so does the wife's Peugeot.

smart770
15th May 2016, 11:22 PM
That is with aircon (and blower) off ? Pretty normal, my Astra does the same and so does the wife's Peugeot.

YEs, with both blower off and the air con (of course) and even with only the blower fan on, the air is so hot! normal....wow.

rocky424
17th May 2016, 03:06 PM
I have the J as well, seems normal to me. If I don't like it, I switch on the air recirculation so that the air from outside (getting heated by the engine) does not come into the cabin.

pd-xc-72464118
29th May 2016, 08:13 PM
My sister had an Astra and I found this inability to separate the air properly like every other car I've experienced, including my Corsarina, to be quite weird and a tad off-putting. So I can relate to your instincts smart770

Currently I've got the opposite problem: not enough heat from the heater. When I first got my car about 5 years ago, the heater was a furnace. Now it's not even lukewarm. Anyone got theories on that? Heater core busted? Personally it frustrates me that more cars don't have electric heaters or electrically-boosted heaters to prevent that chilly warmup lag which is especially difficult when trying to defrost the windscreen.